What's new

How Murree Brewery Built A 160 Year Old Alcohol Empire In Pakistan

1609272753902.png

A vintage 1969 coaster of Pakistani beer brand, Murree.

This particular coaster is from the bar at Karachi’s Excelsior Club that was situated in the Saddar area but forced to close down in 1977.

1643051338297.png

Muhammad Asif working in Murree Brewery.

Last year annual turnover of Murree Brewery was $55 million (8.8 billion rupees). Not bad for a country where non Muslim adults are around 3.6 million.

Who are you kidding, most people in Pakistan I know drink regularly and some of them even boast big beards. Just look at your cantonments and even your villages booze is everywhere.
None of my relatives in Pakistan drink alcohol. This is Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi. Nobody drinks alcohol in my family.

Only those who are nonreligious drink alcohol.

This Murree alcohol brewery is only for Non-Muslims of Pakistan and foreign Non-Muslims who come to Pakistan.

View attachment 810917

Last year annual turnover of Murree Brewery was $55 million (8.8 billion rupees). Not bad for a country where non Muslim adults are around 3.6 million.
Minorities in Pakistan make up 4% of the population. Muslim population is 96%.

None of my relatives in Pakistan drink alcohol. This is Islamabad, Lahore, and Karachi. Nobody drinks alcohol in my family.

Only those who are nonreligious drink alcohol.

This Murree alcohol brewery is only for Non-Muslims of Pakistan and foreign Non-Muslims who come to Pakistan.

Minorities in Pakistan make up 4% of the population. Muslim population is 96%.
That is your delusion and far from reality - how can a minority (4% of population) which is not overly rich account for $55 million in revenue alone.

That is your delusion and far from reality - how can a minority (4% of population) which is not overly rich account for $55 million in revenue alone.
I come from a practising Muslim family and we do not drink. There may be few black sheep who drink.

View attachment 810917

Many with Muslim names drink like fish.
I got laughed at in the bahria town Islamabad gym because I refused an invite to a party where I was promised fine American whisky.
Pakistanis are f'd up people

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom