What's new

how much of Urdu is Sanskrit based and persian based?

Just a beginner's query. Prakrit is a derivative of vedic sanskrit. then came classical sanskrit derived from vedic sanskrit by mr.panini. is it correct? am confused.:(
PS:cud not see the post above.confusion gone:)

Large numbers of very common words in Prakrit languages, and in today's Indic languages (e.g. nouns like eye, fish, sun, moon, field etc; verbs like walk, run, sing etc) are derived from Sanskrit roots. So it would be fair to say that Prakrit is a derivative of Sanskrit.

Panini's contribution was in systematizing the grammar.

Indian songs are pure urdu songs- except some bazaro item songs which can be classified as hindi-

Urdu is a shaista zuban- hindi is abay- tere to- tere ma k- band baja di- fato- kuch tofani kertay hein bla and vulgar gangster sh!t-

All you want to point out that Urdu is spoken in Pakistan without any slang or regional variation. Have you ever heard Hyderabadi Urdu.

Few days ago I saw a video of some Multani guy speaking Urdu like this," Main aesa hi kaar raha tha."

Just a beginner's query. Prakrit is a derivative of vedic sanskrit. then came classical sanskrit derived from vedic sanskrit by mr.panini. is it correct? am confused.:(
PS:cud not see the post above.confusion gone:)

Panini standardize grammar of Sanskrit, not invented new language, all Sanskrit literature after Vedas are in Classical Sanskrit.

I have never understood how much of the Urdu language is persian/arabic based and how much of it comes from Sanskrit, does any one know this?

Hindi and Sanskrit are major contributors to Urdu

Simple logic
Any Hindi speaking north/central India understands more 90% of Urdu {I can understand your )
But if you do the same research on a Irani or Turk then he my be able to get 10-15%(my opinion)

Indian songs are pure urdu songs- except some bazaro item songs which can be classified as hindi-

Urdu is a shaista zuban- hindi is abay- tere to- tere ma k- band baja di- fato- kuch tofani kertay hein bla and vulgar gangster sh!t-

What does 'Shaista Zaban' mean?

pakistanis admire persian and arabs so much that even they dont think they are that much admirable. by the way best language is punjabi>hindi>urdu....this is the way they inflence each others.

@joe: You keep on saying that most of indian languages are originated from prakrit, then why common man on street only knows about sanskrit and nothing about prakrit?

pakistanis admire persian and arabs so much that even they dont think they are that much admirable. by the way best language is punjabi>hindi>urdu....this is the way they inflence each others.

It's funny because it's almost exactly the opposite :cheesy:

^ punjabis aint crying their lanuage is getting influence by urdu. its urdis who think their language is influenced by hindi which in turn is getting punjabiceised day by day

It's best to leave this thread
Indian ego is just....

its simple.. if urdi language and culture were strong they would been influencing other language and cultures and others been crying. its always superior culture and language that inflluence inferior one.

if pakistanis open their border for indians. punjabicised hindi will butcher urdu of pakistan. resistance is futile pakistanis

its simple.. if urdi language and culture were strong they would been influencing other language and cultures and others been crying. its always superior culture and language that inflluence inferior one.

if pakistanis open their border for indians. punjabicised hindi will butcher urdu of pakistan. resistance is futile pakistanis

Lmao.

Even you Punjabi Indians use foreign vocab in your Punjabi.

You guys say Bhagwan Rakha or Raab Rakha?

Clown.

Back
Top Bottom