What's new

how much of Urdu is Sanskrit based and persian based?

But dont the Prakrit languages emerge from or at least are heavily influence by Sanskrit?

More or less parallel development. Old Indo-Aryan gave rise to Prakrit. Old Indo-Aryan, codified and cleaned up, became known as Sanskrit.

As per Rig Veda itself, there were many Vedic kingdoms and tribes along the banks of the Saraswati, which is referred to as ámbitame nádītame dévitame sárasvati, "best mother, best river, best goddess". But this would mean that the "Harappan" settlements along the Saraswati banks, dating from around 2500 BC, are in fact Vedic.

This is what is causing "eminent" historians so much consternation, being so deeply invested in a contradictory theory. It is just one more nail in the coffin.

That is why the revisionists are not accepted by any respectable historian. Everything depends on the most favourable interpretation of every single point of ambiguity.

sanskrit is older or prakrit..... just a query

Technically, Prakrit, since versions of Prakrit were available, even as Panini codified Old Indo-Aryan.

Languages evolve and change.. Sanskirt too may have roots elsewhere.
There is no point in being eternally nostalgic...
See we lost Bangladesh and none if us ever opens threads about Bangladesh because we moved on.
Indians on the other hand cant stop trying to relate us to them....

Care to explain the bold part or its just ur speculation out of frustration...

Besides this thread was started by a Pakistani n not some Indian, he was even claiming that even Indian TV serials n Movies n made in Urdu to grab the Pak market:devil:

So do tell me who is trying to relate to whom...:blink:

Just a beginner's query. Prakrit is a derivative of vedic sanskrit. then came classical sanskrit derived from vedic sanskrit by mr.panini. is it correct? am confused.:(
PS:cud not see the post above.confusion gone:)

That is why the revisionists are not accepted by any respectable historian. Everything depends on the most favourable interpretation of every single point of ambiguity.

Technically, Prakrit, since versions of Prakrit were available, even as Panini codified Old Indo-Aryan.

i heard from my uncle that dere is a marked difference between sanskrit we see in present form and between the vedic sanskrit.... vedic sanskrit he says is highly complex and difficult to learn.... is he right???

so may be before vedic sanskrit dere might have existed a much more complex form of sanskrit.... whose documented proofs we dnt have

i heard from my uncle that dere is a marked difference between sanskrit we see in present form and between the vedic sanskrit.... vedic sanskrit he says is highly complex and difficult to learn.... is he right???

so may be before vedic sanskrit dere might have existed a much more complex form of sanskrit.... whose documented proofs we dnt have

During my school days, my Sanskrit teacher told us, that he had to choice of choosing between Vedic Sanskrit and Laukik Sanskrit during his graduation. Vedic Sanskrit is complex and contain an extra vowel 'Lri'.

During my school days, my Sanskrit teacher told us, that he had to choice of choosing between Vedic Sanskrit and Laukik Sanskrit during his graduation. Vedic Sanskrit is complex and contain an extra vowel 'Lri'.

your school offered dat option.....good... we were taught sanskrit till our high school only

kripya kar k ek sabhya bhartiya se hindi ki shiksha prapt kare, aapko gyaat hoga ki jo dhaarda aapne hindi k prati bana rakhi hai wah swatah hi ant ho jayegi...... read some good hindi poets like suryakant tripathi niraala, ramdhari singh dinkar, pant and harivansh rai bachhan ur thoughts will change

See now that's worse than what JonAsad said :P

Back
Top Bottom