What's new

How much more will PKR appreciate?

Actually it's the opposite if you want investors to move manufacturing to Pakistan. Their production cost will be significantly higher, we will self negate the benefit of cheap labour, the only major advantage we have.
Overvalued currency only helps importers and companies who want to sell their products in Pakistan. It destroys your local industries.

Not right away, gradually over the years so the local consumer and service market grows along with export oriented sectors

Political stability is needed more than anything else for FDI; foreign investors are vary of regimes which are inherently unstable politically and so the first choice is always a politically stable environment; after that comes financial stability......if the FDI is made at a certain conversion rate and returns are gained at comparatively bad conversion rate the net profit externally in USD may not be meaningful for the investor and hence pointless for the investor to consider such a situation. There are many other reasons too ranging from security to geopolitics and internal consumption/export potential etc.
Well PMLN wasn't even allowed one day to operate normally. Dharna hi dharna

I agree, the challenges and hurdles which were placed in the Governance of PML were unprecedented. I simply wonder how much better the PML Government could have performed if only they had similar support from the establishment as does PTI, a trouble free 5-year tenure with complete support of the establishment and judiciary would have raised us to new heights, even with extreme corruption.

P.S. I cannot imagine a Pakistan where there is no corruption and hence all my hypothesis are based on 1. Corruption and 2. Nepotism; we can still make amazing progress, that is how talented we are.

150,ish?
I agree, the challenges and hurdles which were placed in the Governance of PML were unprecedented. I simply wonder how much better the PML Government could have performed if only they had similar support from the establishment as does PTI, a trouble free 5-year tenure with complete support of the establishment and judiciary would have raised us to new heights, even with extreme corruption.

P.S. I cannot imagine a Pakistan where there is no corruption and hence all my hypothesis are based on 1. Corruption and 2. Nepotism; we can still make amazing progress, that is how talented we are.
The omln incompetence was driven mainly by their focus on government spending on flashy projects and using a consumption led growth to paint a false picture of a healthy economy

PTI had nothing to do with their absurd model

I'm sure this your dumbasss is going to blame Iran if currency exchange value starts to go down again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Intellectual wannabe LoL [emoji23]
You claim Pakistanis and Indians live side by side in the UK, where? Bradford, Yorkshire, Luton is full of Pakistanis and Leicester, Southall is full of Indians

I too remember $1=9+ PKR, but vaguely. I was much younger than you. Glad there is a Pakistani here older than me!! Hahaha!

Coming back to the topic: While I am very happy for PKR to appreciate against USD, it is costing me literally thousands of USD extra these days because of a rushed need to send money to Pakistan for a real estate purchase. Just a few weeks ago I had sent using a rate of 164+; just a few days ago I sent using 159+ . And we are talking about tens of thousands already sent and still to be sent.

Aghhh!!!

You claim Pakistanis and Indians live side by side in the UK, where? Bradford, Yorkshire, Luton is full of Pakistanis and Leicester, Southall is full of Indians
Redbridge, Slough

both have 15+% each of both nationalities

there are many other examples.

It has nothing to do with support from blah blah but fundamental disastrous policy that propelled us into a debt trap. Even if army would have become Punjab police the economic results would be the same.
As far as your argument of support from army goes there is a golden saying 'give respect to others if you want to be respected'. They had problems with every army general apart from Zia ul Haq, maybe it's time you actually start looking where the problem is.
No other government has seen this level of disturbance from Covid to bankruptcy than this government has faced in 2 years. Plmn just faced 1 major dharna in 5 years pti saw 3 and still counting in just 2 years.

It should not be allowed to go below 156-58 for this fiscal year at least. State bank should start buying dollars to arrest it at that level. Export orders are already booked till June so it has to be kept in mind that they are not be adversely affected. Import relaxation should be restricted to essential raw materials.
Focus should be on reserve building.

My question is why did the previous governments get it so wrong
Because it works(poltically)
It has worked for 30 years
Abd even today educated people support them right on this forum..they havr even wider support among uneducated people

Scam works like this...you print fake notes, start infrastructure project use half of the money, launder the other half and then the effects of fake ruppees will be handed by other govt which u will label as incompetent

The effect of fake rupee is manifested as inflation & higher imports & current account deficit

Do we know actual figures for this
Where did the fake rupees come from, or do you mean rupees printed by SBP

Back
Top Bottom