What's new

PKR plummets to all-time low of 255 against USD (268.3 Now!)

Without going into details, the betrayal was by the country, and not just to me, but many other talented young people. NS was given the money to hand out as tips just to illustrate the profligacy, while students who were promised support had to go hungry, quite literally. Those who returned were not asked to pay back anything, so all that prior support went to waste. Those who dared defy the orders were punished by asking for all prior support to be returned. So the choice, officially, was to go back after wasting years with nothing to show for it, or to scramble, finish and pay back a huge amount. This betrayal was official by the State of Pakistan.
For reasons of History, you may consider posting any original documents related to this sordid saga on a publicly available forum like a website or blog. Of course, after removing any personally identifiable information. Since you no longer live there, you don't have to fear any retribution. Let the posterity know that the situation they are in is not an act of God but the consequence of actions of leaders past who had feet of clay.

A8E3E8D3-E6B2-4B58-A06D-09AA024F8FAE.jpeg

For reasons of History, you may consider posting any original documents related to this sordid saga on a publicly available forum like a website or blog. Of course, after removing any personally identifiable information. Since you no longer live there, you don't have to fear any retribution. Let the posterity know that the situation they are in is not an act of God but the consequence of actions of leaders past who had feet of clay.

ROFL. The entire building mysteriously caught fire, burning all official records in 2002. Acts of "God" indeed. (My own records, including the final receipt, will remain with me, of course.) :D

Funny enough, it happened again too:

Now you can guess where I am coming from,
I had an idea. But was just messing around.
The day I get out, I ain't looking back either. I am no less cynical myself. But, right now, like most people, I am stuck. It's just Gambler's fallacy what you are witnessing, nothing else.
Maybe this time, things just might get better.

Back on topic, PKR has been in the ICU for a while now, but this crisis is approaching cardiac arrest status.
I suppose Innu Lahore le jao is no longer a solution.

ROFL. The entire building mysteriously caught fire, burning all official records in 2002. Acts of "God" indeed. (My own records, including the final receipt, will remain with me, of course.) :D

Pakistani govts sure can get things done if they put their minds to it.

@VCheng sb

how in the world can Pakistan plug a 40 billion dollar hole in its finances every year,

As far as the principal amount of loan is concerned, we can safely assume that it will never be repaid. So essentially we are down to how much CAD Pakistan will be allowed. I think we can safely say that it will be no more than 2% of GDP (around USD 7 billion???)- the gap can be met by some FDI and some contribution from the taller than mountain friend, or brotherly countries from the Gulf.

Essentially Pak will have to restrict its import in such a way that the deficit doesnt cross that figures. Cut the coat according to the cloth. In growth terms, it might mean 2-3 years of the "Hindu" rate of growth.

Regards

@VCheng sb

how in the world can Pakistan plug a 40 billion dollar hole in its finances every year,

As far as the principal amount of loan is concerned, we can safely assume that it will never be repaid. So essentially we are down to how much CAD Pakistan will be allowed. I think we can safely say that it will be no more than 2% of GDP (around USD 7 billion???)- the gap can be met by some FDI and some contribution from the taller than mountain friend, or brotherly countries from the Gulf.

Essentially Pak will have to restrict its import in such a way that the deficit doesnt cross that figures. Cut the coat according to the cloth. In growth terms, it might mean 2-3 years of the "Hindu" rate of growth.

Regards
you are wrong, Even now, Pakistan is on spending spree. They are royal and spend lavishly.

So, they take care to build tall buildings for records storage with flammable materials, no sprinklers. Probably don't have a computer backup at a different site with scanned documents. Also,
“The cause of the fire would be ascertained only after a thorough inquiry and search of the building. However, it is suspected that a short-circuit in electric lines or a leak in the gas heater could have sparked off the fire. There were no blasts in the building before or after the fire,” the press note said.
was probably never completed or published, if completed.

But the records you (and students similarly affected) have - letters, orders etc., asking you to discontinue your studies and return home and pay back scholarships received, if they exist, do make a damning indictment on the unscrupulous nature of the administrations then.

do make a damning indictment on the unscrupulous nature of the administrations then.

Do bears sh1t in the woods? :D

And the unscrupulous nature has not changed very much since then, either. Everyone knows it already, right up to and including the topic of this present thread.

(The scholarship thing is nothing for a State that has left its citizens in East Pakistan languish there in violation of its commitments to them for decades. That saga of ignominy is well known, and still goes on to this day.)

Last edited:
Mind explaining what was the issue?
Per his own explanation

He was given education cheap and subsidize in the country and then sent outside via govt money to train outside but wasn't completed 100% I heard.
So he was betrayed .. apparently he survived this "huge" betrayal

IMO,

Feels more like an arrogant child who was fed and brought up by his poor parents but didn't get civic on time during his college days..

But I wasn't in his shoes

Feels more like an arrogant child who was fed and brought up by his poor parents but didn't get civic on time during his college days..
I am no one's lawyer but yanking scholarships away in the middle of course for a whole bunch of students does sound like a serious breach of promise and may be corrupt too. We are talking of peanuts, really, here anyway (from the state's perspective).

Back
Top Bottom