What's new

How many days needed by China to generate the industry value equal to vietnam's fullyear result?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure about China, but Vietnam definitely has a much higher living standards and promising future than SP12 shining services-based IT-driven population dividend consumption oriented economy.

Which fact are you disputing?

PATENT COUNTS BY ORIGIN AND TYPE CALENDAR YEAR 2014 | US Patent and Trademark Office

7hbcnZM.jpg
What?
Your tables are fake news.
It’s impossible Supa Viva is worse than Uruguay.
Also spotted Tunisia, congratulations @HannibalBarca

Which fact are you disputing?

Vietnam has a $0.2 trillion economy. I cited the IMF earlier to prove this.

Vietnam garners a meager 7 USPTO patents per year. See citation from US government's USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office) below.

In contrast, Taiwan earns 12,254 USPTO patents per year. Due to Taiwan's indigenous innovations, Taiwan owns 90% of worldwide computer notebook sales. Taiwan TSMC's patents in logic-chip semiconductor technology has enabled TSMC to achieve 56% worldwide market-share in semiconductor foundry logic-chip production. Taiwan's MediaTek is the world's second-largest smartphone SoC (system on a chip) designer.

Taiwan had a $57.9 billion trade surplus in 2017, because it invented its own technology and sells it worldwide.

In contrast, Vietnam is a screwdriver plant for foreign companies. Despite all that Vietnamese labor and effort, Vietnam achieved a paltry $2.7 billion trade surplus in 2017.

Taiwan uses its brains to earn money. Brainpower is potentially infinite. Taiwan can always invent new patents and technology.

Vietnam uses its hands to make a living. Handpower is limited by population. Vietnam's economy isn't going anywhere.

How can you not reach the conclusion that Vietnam is NOT INNOVATIVE and irrelevant to East Asia's economy? It is simply FACT.
----------

PATENT COUNTS BY ORIGIN AND TYPE CALENDAR YEAR 2014 | US Patent and Trademark Office

7hbcnZM.jpg
GDP per capita of Venezuela is higher, you are welcome migrating there and enjoy a better life than CN.

We don’t need to invent useless patents. Who in world needs 1,000 patents for LED as you brag TW has them? Can you list all here, so we can discuss?

Screwdriver is a bad thing? At least we do something, unlike you, a jobless Taiwanese.

Nearly $3 billion is not bad but true too little. I expect more trade surplus is coming after Tpp11 comes into force wenn we can export more stuffs made by VN crewdrivers to Canada, Mexico and Peru. Countries we don’t have FTA yet.

GDP per capita of Venezuela is higher, you are welcome migrating there and enjoy a better life than CN.

We don’t need to invent useless patents. Who in world needs 1,000 patents for LED as you brag TW has them? Can you list all here, so we can discuss?

Screwdriver is a bad thing? At least we do something, unlike you, a jobless Taiwanese.

Nearly $3 billion is not bad but true too little. I expect more trade surplus is coming after Tpp11 comes into force wenn we can export more stuffs made by VN crewdrivers to Canada, Mexico and Peru. Countries we don’t have FTA yet.
No, your information is outdated.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

There isn't.

Vietnam is one of the smallest economies in Asia.

China: $12 trillion
Taiwan: $0.57
Shenzhen City: $0.34
Hong Kong: $0.33
Singapore: $0.31
Vietnam: $0.2

However, the Vietnamese members on PDF keep SPAMMING the "China & Far East" sub-forum. If you read the numerous new threads every day by Vietnamese members, you would think Vietnam is one of the biggest economies in Asia.

Taiwan's economy is almost three times the size of Vietnam's. I don't bother posting Taiwanese economic news unless it is truly interesting.

On the other hand, the annoying Vietnamese members post every scrap of "potential" business deal in Vietnam. Who cares?

Vietnam is still a $0.2 trillion economy. Vietnam obtains 7 USPTO patents per year.

Vietnam is a TINY economy with almost NO INNOVATION. It is truly insignificant to the world economy.
----------

Look at this nonsense. Why does a $0.2 trillion economy warrant multiple threads EVERY DAY in the "China & Far East" sub-forum?

"Vietnam sets up $220 billion committee to boost privatisation"

"Vietnam, RoK look towards $100 billion trade by 2020"

"Vietnam opens Academy that gives graduates the chance to work for 50,000 German companies"

To be fair, "Viet" have every right to post everything everywhere on PDF, anytime he wants and as many as he wants.. just like we all do.. but I have to agree that his "news" - more often than not - aren't based on reality, full of wishful thinking, modified in such a way from their original sources to make Vietnam look greater than reality, like the thread that says "Hanwha Techwin plans to produce parts for F-35 jet engine in Vietnam", I found nowhere in the original source that F-35 is being mentioned nor the article implied such, yet he put that blatantly on the title.

To be fair, "Viet" have every right to post everything everywhere on PDF, anytime he wants and as many as he wants.. just like we all do.. but I have to agree that his "news" - more often than not - aren't based on reality, full of wishful thinking, modified in such a way from their original sources to make Vietnam look greater than reality, like the thread that says "Hanwha Techwin plans to produce parts for F-35 jet engine in Vietnam", I found nowhere in the original source that F-35 is being mentioned nor the article implied such, yet he put that blatantly on the title.

That's what I'm saying.

He's polluting the forums.

At some point, the mods will have to do something about him.

The problem is that "Viet" is ABUSING his forum privileges.

The forums have to be centered around FACTS, not Viet's fantasies. The guy is nuts and he's polluting the forum with his craziness.

As for F-35 engine, I says VN media says that. As Hanwha Techwin soon starts production of engine parts there is a reason to believe so.

Why don’t you ask Chinese where is the source of their claim: SC sea claim dates back 2,000 years ago?

Everyone knows that is a blantant lie.

As for F-35 engine, I says VN media says that. As Hanwha Techwin soon starts production of engine parts there is a reason to believe so.

Why don’t you ask Chinese where is the source of their claim: SC sea claim dates back 2,000 years ago?

Everyone knows that is a blantant lie.
Take your pick: China's Qin Dynasty and/or Han Dynasty claimed sovereignty over the South China Sea. Both Chinese Dynasties existed 2,000 years ago.

There is also the Jin Dynasty, Tang Dynasty, and Qing Dynasty.

There have been countless Chinese Dynasties that have all laid claim to the South China Sea. All of these Chinese Dynasties preceded the formation of Vietnam as a country (which became independent after being enslaved by the French).

Thus, China's claims to the South China Sea clearly precedes any Vietnamese claims (after being freed from their French masters with Chinese military help) by centuries or millenia.
----------

"The South China Sea Islands were discussed from the 4th century BC in the Chinese texts Yizhoushu, Classic of Poetry, Zuo Zhuan, and Guoyu, but only implicitly as part of the "Southern Territories" (Chinese: 南州; pinyin: Nán Zhōu) or "South Sea" (南海, Nán Hǎi). During the Qin Dynasty (221–206 BC), government administrators called the South China Sea Islands the "Three Mysterious Groups of Islands" (三神山, Sān Shén Shān). But during the Eastern Han dynasty (23-220), the South China Sea was renamed "Rising Sea" (漲海, Zhǎng Hǎi), so the islands were called the "Rising Sea Islands" (漲海崎头, Zhǎnghǎi Qítóu). During the Jin Dynasty (265–420), they were known as the "Coral Islands" (珊瑚洲, Shānhú Zhōu). From the Tang Dynasty (618–907) to the Qing Dynasty (1644–1912), various names were used for the islands, but in general Changsha and permutations referred to the Paracel Islands, while Shitang referred to the Spratly Islands. These variations included, for the Paracels: Jiǔrǔ Luózhōu (九乳螺洲), Qīzhōu Yáng (七洲洋), Chángshā (长沙), Qiānlǐ Chángshā (千里长沙), and Qiānlǐ Shítáng (千里石塘); for the Spratlys: Shítáng (石塘), Shíchuáng (石床), Wànlǐ Shítáng (万里石塘), and Wànlǐ Chángshā (万里长沙).[6]"

Citation:

6. Shen, Jianming (2002). "China's Sovereignty over the South China Sea Islands: A Historical Perspective". Chinese Journal of International Law. 1 (1): 94–157.

Last edited:
Take your pick: China's Qin Dynasty and/or Han Dynasty claimed sovereignty over the South China Sea. Both Chinese Dynasties existed 2,000 years ago.
----------

"The South China Sea Islands were discussed from the 4th century BC in the Chinese texts Yizhoushu, Classic of Poetry, Zuo Zhuan, and Guoyu, but only implicitly as part of the "Southern Territories" (Chinese: 南州; pinyin: Nán Zhōu) or "South Sea" (南海, Nán Hǎi). During the Qin Dynasty (221–206 BC), government administrators called the South China Sea Islands the "Three Mysterious Groups of Islands" (三神山, Sān Shén Shān). But during the Eastern Han dynasty (23-220), the South China Sea was renamed "Rising Sea" (漲海, Zhǎng Hǎi), so the islands were called the "Rising Sea Islands" (漲海崎头, Zhǎnghǎi Qítóu). During the Jin Dynasty (265–420), they were known as the "Coral Islands" (珊瑚洲, Shānhú Zhōu). From the Tang Dynasty (618–907) to the Qing Dynasty (1644–1912), various names were used for the islands, but in general Changsha and permutations referred to the Paracel Islands, while Shitang referred to the Spratly Islands. These variations included, for the Paracels: Jiǔrǔ Luózhōu (九乳螺洲), Qīzhōu Yáng (七洲洋), Chángshā (长沙), Qiānlǐ Chángshā (千里长沙), and Qiānlǐ Shítáng (千里石塘); for the Spratlys: Shítáng (石塘), Shíchuáng (石床), Wànlǐ Shítáng (万里石塘), and Wànlǐ Chángshā (万里长沙).[6]"

Citation:

6. Shen, Jianming (2002). "China's Sovereignty over the South China Sea Islands: A Historical Perspective". Chinese Journal of International Law. 1 (1): 94–157.
We call East Sea while you south sea. Whatever the name it is irrelevant.

I ask you for source when China claims the sea as yours and exercises sovereignty over it!

We call East Sea while you south sea. Whatever the name it is irrelevant.

I ask you for source when China claims the sea as your and exercises sovereignty over it!
I gave you the citation. Can you not read English? It says "citation."

Provide original Qin document!

Provide original Qin document!
Ask the Chinese government to read their government archives.

Western scholars have been granted access.

If you are a qualified scholar, you can read the original Chinese government documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom