What's new

How long will Russia last?

hello and nice post! i really dont know that the Russia is a mammoth state! Really i think after the war between USA and Russia if i am not wrong, Russia divided into several pieces which are now free states!

There never was a war between the us and Russia, and it was the Soviet Union that devided, those states weren't part of Russia but rather countries that were saturated into the USSR.

There never was a war between the us and Russia, and it was the Soviet Union that devided, those states weren't part of Russia but rather countries that were saturated into the USSR.

but places like ukraine and belarus were part of the russian empire for hundreds of years.

I agree. 1. We have far more common interest than disagreement with Russia. 2. America's security interest is less and less European oriented in general since 1991. With the Soviet system no longer a factor, Russia and her relationship with the rest of Europe is not really an American concern. Case in point, where is NATO fighting today? Afghanistan, not Europe, not oriented toward Russia. Why would it be?

USA says russia is its friend at the same time it builds interceptor missiles on russia's borders and surrounds it with a ring of hostile countries and military bases.

long live US-Russian friendship.

USA says russia is its friend at the same time it builds interceptor missiles on russia's borders and surrounds it with a ring of hostile countries and military bases.

long live US-Russian friendship.

That is a bit of an overstatement to say the least. We are also both working on dismantling most of our most dangerous weapons that we built during the Cold War and "we" didn't surround it with a ring of hostile countries. They were there to begin with and most are hardly hostile since the end of communist rule in Russia.

remember the key word in here is 'Russia'

if u dont find this word in ur post that means u are goin off topic. which also means... leave the thread alone

remember the key word in here is 'Russia'

if u dont find this word in ur post that means u are goin off topic. which also means... leave the thread alone

This thread is obsurd, just meant to stir up controvercy, Russia is good shape and only getting stronger, our worst times were in the 90's and we are still here, we have been around for hundreds of years and will remain so.

Again why hasn't this garbage thread been locked? If this kind of thread was directed at Pakistan or China it would have been locked within hours.

Russian economy is getting better and Russia will be a power going forward. Pakistan needs to have good relations with Russia.

This thread is obsurd, just meant to stir up controvercy, Russia is good shape and only getting stronger, our worst times were in the 90's and we are still here, we have been around for hundreds of years and will remain so.

Again why hasn't this garbage thread been locked? If this kind of thread was directed at Pakistan or China it would have been locked within hours.

Not really, as of late, there's been a change of management, which means that anything Indians dislike are removed within seconds.

I think the russia is losing its military exports which is also a major part of its exports other than oil, gas and minerals. This is because of the fact that their machines are not that hi-tech and their manufacturing quality is quite low and most of their buyers are going for China which is as good as russia in terms of tech and but much better in quality and much cheaper. Others whose can buy expensive are going towards U.S and E.U. These are some of those reason that in future the russia might be broke into several states and this will be the time that Muslims of World might be happy that some of those broken states will be Muslims and the Muslims could live life according to Islam.Inshallah

I think the russia is losing its military exports which is also a major part of its exports other than oil, gas and minerals.

Russia is the second largest military exporter in the world; moreover, Russia has been selling weapons to countries that traditionally have bought western systems so don't worry about Russia losing its exports. Also last time i checked the Mig-29 took aways sales from the JF-17.

This is because of the fact that their machines are not that hi-tech and their manufacturing quality is quite low and most of their buyers are going for China which is as good as russia in terms of tech and but much better in quality and much cheaper. Others whose can buy expensive are going towards U.S and E.U. These are some of those reason that in future the russia might be broke into several states and this will be the time that Muslims of World might be happy that some of those broken states will be Muslims and the Muslims could live life according to Islam.Inshallah

Fail.

I actually agree with you, sir, and hope that Russia's worst times are behind her. America may have conflicts with Russian interest from time to time, but we don't want a failed Russia. We are perfectly happy with a strong and democratic Russia.

I actually agree with you, sir, and hope that Russia's worst times are behind her. America may have conflicts with Russian interest from time to time, but we don't want a failed Russia. We are perfectly happy with a strong and democratic Russia.

The problem is, Russia is getting more authoritarian by the day. Ask Gorbachev on his recent speech on Putin's election and later, his nomination. Ballot stuffing and coercion was widespread; it's disgusting.

The problem is, Russia is getting more authoritarian by the day. Ask Gorbachev on his recent speech on Putin's election and later, his nomination. Ballot stuffing and coercion was widespread; it's disgusting.
I agree that is a problem, but I can't place all the blame with Mr. Putin. The main problem is that the largest party, United Russia, is a victim of it's own success. United Russia under Putin has been successful in many of it's policies for the country in stabilising the economy and the people have largely supported it. No doubt there is ballot stuffing and coercion, Russia's own election monitoring organisations have documented that, but the bigger problem is that Russia lacks an effective democratic opposition party. People just don't seem to have developed any political consensus outside of United Russia. The communist are still the second largest group.

Gentlemen i put forward a question to you all who is debating the dominance of 1 party?

1> when exactly was in russian history a strong oposition .........?

almost insignificant its a country rules by autocratic iron hands for ages when the authorities go to far a revolution takes place and a new generation of autocratic rule takes over....its te way we are there is no point debating this because its good or bad cannot be helped its the way in reality . always there are 2 sides of the story ...today the soviets are no longer there to tell their side of the story so people get a one sided view on matters.

Back
Top Bottom