What's new

How long will it take for India to realise it's not a great country?

China's beef is with Japan not India...when China takes revenge for Rape of Nanking and Boxer Rebellion it would be known as superpower...China has to overtake and completely avenge the acts of the Japanese

Do you know which book provide evidence of Buddha being from the Suryavansha lineage ?

The Vinshu Puran.

xsetf5kv6nq05swy9lt0.jpg

The interesting fact is that since the Gotra of Buddha was Gutama, it meant that his gotra was a Brahmin gotra, and not a Kshatriya gotra.

This is the evidence of merit based "Varna" which over time converted Men from a Brahmin gotra into a Kshatriya clan.

I have already proven that he was not. He was not Tibeto-burman. In fact his gotra clearly shows he was an Vedic India.

People from the Gautama Gotra still exist in India today.

Other than a self-composed diagram,
I dont see ANYTHING in that picture of urs that explicitly states tt Buddha was a vedic tribesmen. Morever, he was born in todays's nepal- not india and further still, he was the founder of buddhism, not hinduism.

Anyway, back to topic.

In the present day, only rationale nations who treat religion as a mere, philosphical way of living can strive to be a great nation.(u might have better luck during the feudal ages when empires n kingdoms go to war with 1 another over religion- n prayed that 'god' will grant then victory over their enemies. <== lolz)

No way can any nation whose ppl drink mere animal's urine as a tonic or use its excrement as a decoration for their houses ever become 1.

Last edited:
French did control and influence a large part of India in the 18th century.

French-India.png

The British however did not own whole of India. Multiple independent kingdoms exited in India during British times.

It was a free India that consolidated all these kingdoms into a single union called Bharat.

main-qimg-5a24840e25632e3d06c4552950b0ee00-c
French...British. Hwah u seems proud of your european heritage. If so n then again, y intentionally choose to downplay the British Raj's contribution to the formation of India?

No British = no India

India was built on the backbone of British imperialism.

Undeniable.

Last edited:
If we are gonna have a debate about ethnicity of the Buddha, then let's pull sources..I am up for it..I have been studying this my whole life as a practicing Buddhist

He was within 5 kms of present Indian border--his birthplace..All the ancient scriptures say he looked no different than the Biharis he mingled with.
Interesting, whole life, really ?
I am no Buddhist and not into Buddhist scriptures, but I don't mind you bringing up something of interest.
I have not much faith in ancient scriptures that came out at least 400 years after the Buddha.
Nobody is sure who are the people that inhabit the area around the Buddha.
But we can apply logic to deduce what are reasonably acceptable.

French...British. Hwah u seems proud of your european heritage. If so n then again, y intentionally choose to downplay the British Raj's contribution to the formation of India?

No British = no India

Undeniable.
before french and british, Portuguese came and use to trade with us. They setup a factory in 1500's. The western deccan plateau has still portuguese influence in India. If you don't have knowledge about Indian history please don't debate on that

Interesting, whole life, really ?
I am no Buddhist and not into Buddhist scriptures, but I don't mind you bringing up something of interest.
I have not much faith in ancient scriptures that came out at least 400 years after the Buddha.
Nobody is sure who are the people that inhabit the area around the Buddha.
But we can apply logic to deduce what are reasonably acceptable.

yes will post regarding how Buddha looked...He might have been blue eyed Iranian though..as he was a Shakya , many theorize Shakya and Saka are the same..but that link is very tenuous....he was considered conventionally very handsome...conventional handsome is Iranian/extreme North Indian for Northern Indians...moreover when he went to the court of one king (Ajatasahtru?) , the king could not distinguish him from other monks he had converted in the Bihar region, before an official pointed out the Buddha for him...There is enough circumstantial evidence that the Buddha was a handsome North Indian looking man

yes will post regarding how Buddha looked...He might have been blue eyed Iranian though..as he was a Shakya , many theorize Shakya and Saka are the same..but that link is very tenuous....he was considered conventionally very handsome...conventional handsome is Iranian/extreme North Indian for Northern Indians...moreover when he went to the court of one king (Ajatasahtru?) , the king could not distinguish him from other monks he had converted in the Bihar region, before an official pointed out the Buddha for him...There is enough circumstantial evidence that the Buddha was a handsome North Indian looking man
I have a portrait of the Buddha here.
After rationalizing about it my whole life, I am sure it is a good representation of the Buddha.
Sakyamuni Buddha.jpg

If you don't mind, I have had enough of the Buddha in this thread on India

After rationalizing about it my whole life, I am sure it is a good representation of the Buddha.
View attachment 422821

if that helps you , then I say donot change that image in your mind

But you should question that image as the Suttas/Sutras always see that Buddha was shaven headed..Hair on Buddha is an Indo-Greek influence

On a closing note, there are enough evidence in the Suttas (as there are no other evidence, for or against), that Buddha was a very handsome 6 foot tall North Indian looking man with fair skin

https://dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=The_Buddha's_physical_appearance
http://www.buddhisma2z.com/content.php?id=310
http://dharmafarer.org/wordpress/wp...-What-the-Buddha-really-looks-like-100512.pdf
http://www.buddhisma2z.com/content.php?id=377

Other than a self-composed diagram,
I dont see ANYTHING in that picture of urs that explicitly states tt Buddha was a vedic tribesmen. Morever, he was born in todays's nepal- not india and further still, he was the founder of buddhism, not hinduism.

Anyway, back to topic.

In the present day, only rationale nations who treat religion as a mere, philosphical way of living can strive to be a great nation.(u might have better luck during the feudal ages when empires n kingdoms go to war with 1 another over religion- n prayed that 'god' will grant then victory over their enemies. <== lolz)

No way can any nation whose ppl drink mere animal's urine as a tonic or use its excrement as a decoration for their houses ever become 1.

1. Image is of the english translation of the Vishnu puran that gives details of the lineage of king Sakya, Grand father of Buddha.

This is the NON English version of the Vishnu Puran. Feel free to translate.

shakya%2Bcaste%2B-%2Bsuryavanshi%2Bkshatriya%2B-%2Bas%2Bper%2BVishnu%2BPuran.png

2. Since Buddha himself admitted to being from the Gautama Gotra, his genealogical lineage to Vedi Rishi Gautam is rather obvious to anybody who knows what Gotra means.

Your ignorance is not my problem, its yours.

3. The language used in Kapilavastu and Lumbini is part of the Indo Aryan languages.

549px-South_Asian_Language_Families.jpg

4. people from a nation that eat lizards, cockroaches, cats, dogs, pig poop as medicine, urine soaked eggs etc. should NEVER EVER comment on others. They should focus on getting civilized before dreaming of becoming no. 1.

No British = no India

Undeniable.

Why should I deny history ? :cheesy:

That is what you guys do.

View attachment 422821

This Buddha look Korean. So the Koreans were right about Buddha being Korean.

Back
Top Bottom