What's new

How " indigenous " Indian Akash SAM system really is ?

Indians will never accept their efforts in Reverse engineering

they still call LCA indegenous when even for its design dessault was consulted

without any doubt Akash is a Rip off of russian SAM.(very simple logic they are not able to manufacture a tank or even a better rifle.their army has rejected arjun and Insan both how can they develop a SAM)

between this hats off to indian Reverse engineering capabilities

thank you for your approval, that is all we required.

without any doubt Akash is a Rip off of russian SAM.(very simple logic they are not able to manufacture a tank or even a better rifle.their army has rejected arjun and Insan both how can they develop a SAM)

Its funny when people from countries who dont even sent a rounding rocket comments on other countries rocket technology.

In missile technology, the only area that India is not on par with others is the development of seekers.Other than that, India does much better in propulsion systems for missiles.

Again dont throw statements with out any substance to prove them.Just shows the state of denial and obsessions.

If you are talking about Reverse engineering or copying it reminds me of China. They are the real masters, I don't think Indians are good at that. If they are good at that they should have mastered many technologies before China.

@AERONAUT - The myth buster... What about this MYTH?

Tomahawk_Block_IV_cruise_missile.jpg

BaburCrusieMissile_004_PakistaniDefence1.jpg

threads like these make me more proud about my nation and its achievements. Its the symbol that some body is envying our developments.

If akash is a copy of sa-6,then why no international concern is raised over the issue? If india does reverse engineering,why hasn't countries like USA prevented the sale of goods to us?
countries world wide would never offer us their best products if we copied them.

Quote from wiki "In March 2010, the Arjun was pitted against the T-90 in comparative trials and performed well. Subsequently the Army placed an order for an additional 124 tanks on May 17, 2010."

Some of the old thread on aforementioned topic will surely help you to understand that Indian Army's top brass was shocked to see the effectiveness of Arjun in these trials. you can also refer following link for further details...

Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90

then even US consulted russian yakoleve for F-35 that so according to u F-35 should be a rip of of yak-141
and J-10 look similar to israil lavi and even israel even accepted that chinese consulted them on the j10 project so that makes J10 a rip off of lavi according to you and even for J20 chinese took consultations from russia so its also rip off

Quote from wiki "In March 2010, the Arjun was pitted against the T-90 in comparative trials and performed well. Subsequently the Army placed an order for an additional 124 tanks on May 17, 2010."

Arjun tank outruns, outguns Russian T-90

Really? They (about 2 tanks) performed so well that only 124 further were ordered. Wait let me do the math .... you mean to say that in India, we have gone in for only 124 of better tanks and 1900+ of the second best tank? Am glad you have stated this as a fact. This is only possible if:

1. All the officers of IA involved with policy decision making namely COAS, DGMF et al and DGPP et al are basically incompetent and imbeciles.
2. You know something about Arjuns tank, the required logistical requisites and infrastructural requirements which no one knows.

Take your picking!

@ Aeronaut
Anza (missile)
File:ANZA_MK_2.JPG

Anza

Anza Mk-II
Type Man-portable air-defence system (MANPADS)
Place of origin Pakistan
Service history
In service 1989-Present
Used by See Operators
Wars Kargil War
Production history
Manufacturer Kahuta Research Laboratories (KRL) [1][2]
(or AQ Khan Research Laboratories) [2][3]
Produced 1988 [4]
Variants Anza Mk-I
Anza Mk-II
Anza Mk-III
Specifications (Anza Mk-II)
Weight 16.5 kg [1]
Length 1.44 m
Diameter 7.2 cm
Warhead 0.55 kg shaped charge [1]
Engine Rocket motor
Propellant Solid propellant
Operational
range 500 - 5000 m
Flight altitude 30 - 4000 m
Speed 600 m/s [5]
Guidance
system Infra-red homing [1]
Launch
platform Human, vehicle.

Strela 2

File:SA-7.jpg

9K32 Strela-2
NATO reporting name: SA-7 Grail

KBM Kolomna 9K32 Strela-2 missile and canister
Type Man portable surface-to-air missile launcher
Place of origin Soviet Union
Service history
In service 1968- present
Used by See Operators
Production history
Designer KBM (Kolomna)
Designed 1964 approx
Variants See versions
Specifications
Weight 9.8 kg (Strela-2M missile)[1]
15 kg (system, ready to fire)[1]
Length 1.44 m[1]
Diameter 72 mm[1]
Maximum range 3700m (Strela-2)
4200m (Strela-2M)[1]
Warhead weight 1.15kg directed-energy blast fragmentation warhead (Strela-2M),[1] 370g HE content.
Detonation
mechanism non-delay impact and grazing fuzes, 14–17 second delay self-destruct.
Wingspan 0.3 m
Flight altitude 50–1500 m (Strela-2)
50–2300m (Strela-2M)[1]
Speed 430m/s (Strela-2)
500m/s (Strela-2M)[2]
Guidance
system Proportional navigation logic

@AERONAUT
so even these both look the same. Same length same diameter and look alike so Anza is just a bit developed version of strela 2

Posting off topic posts about Pakistani missiles wont make the DRDO AKASH an Indian system it was Russians who did the R&D for this system

Seeing your authoritative statement am sure you are an expert on Indian Air Defence. So can you provide the necessary links/insights in depth to actually explain when, where and how the Russians did the R&D for the AKASH system? Further can you really explain why they would do the same when they had offered S-300 PMU-1 version in '99 and subsequently S-400 Triumf in earlier part of the last decade repeated again the offer for same to meet the Indian ABM requirements (incidentally which is indigenous project again; the US had also offered MIM-104 PAC-2 subsequently PAC-3 for the same)

India can't even produce a reliable assault rifle on its own let alone the SAM system.

Oh really? Have you handled the INSAS-5.56 mm assault rifle or are you going by the old reports of the problems it has faced? Because if you are going by those reports, I shall only say they are OLD and not valid today. And if you are going by personal experience, then am sure you are not handlling the weapon properly.

My personal experience (and I have adequate amount) assures me that its a great weapon, real smooth with miniscule problem if maintained properly. Obviously its not an AK-47 which can be thrown into sludge and will still work perfectly, but then its not meant to be one! So if you have no idea of what you are talking kindly do desist

Indian Akash SAM

4.jpg

Russian SA-6 Gainful

3.jpg

Indian Akash SAM

11.JPG

Russian SA-6 Gainful

10.jpg

Specifications.

Indian Akash SAM

Fullscreen%20capture%2025052011%2042637%20PM.bmp.jpg

Russian SA-6

Fullscreen%20capture%2025052011%2042949%20PM.jpg

* PS: Its an establish fact that India has the capacity to develop and deploy Akash systems.

The purpose of this thread is to identify the origins of this technology while busting the "myth" of Akash's Indigenousness. IMHO Akash is not at all an Indigenous Indian system as India has to technology to develop a decent SAM system on its own.

Akash in my opinion is just an upgraded / bigger & better variant of Russian SA-6 Gainful !

Regards: Aeronaut.

useless post ... as usual ...

does it matter if weapons have originated/evolved/collaborated/etc etc with foreign countries ... our formidable force has 60% chinese and 40% US armaments ... so wat ...

we should only consider whether these weapons have it in them to carry out designated tasks .... everything else is useless as posted by you ...

Looks like someone is having a hard time digesting the fact that India has made her own SAM system.What a waste thread.comparing the two missiles based on looks?you got to be shitting me.Aeronaut get out of the world of insecurity and jealousy.:wave:

Indian Akash SAM

4.jpg

Russian SA-6 Gainful

3.jpg

Indian Akash SAM

11.JPG

Russian SA-6 Gainful

10.jpg

Specifications.

Indian Akash SAM

Fullscreen%20capture%2025052011%2042637%20PM.bmp.jpg

Russian SA-6

Fullscreen%20capture%2025052011%2042949%20PM.jpg

* PS: Its an establish fact that India has the capacity to develop and deploy Akash systems.

The purpose of this thread is to identify the origins of this technology while busting the "myth" of Akash's Indigenousness. IMHO Akash is not at all an Indigenous Indian system as India has to technology to develop a decent SAM system on its own.

Akash in my opinion is just an upgraded / bigger & better variant of Russian SA-6 Gainful !

Regards: Aeronaut.

any reference or your own story..

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom