What's new

How India’s Secret K-Family submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBM) compares with Chinese SLBMs

Yes multiple failure and destruction of submarine in testing a big success.

It was from 2006-2008, when JL-2 had experienced a series of failure, but China didn’t forgive up, and to fix the problems since 2010, and the JL-2 became operational since 2013, and China even came up with the JL-2A in 2015.

The successful tests of the JL-3 were based on the success of the JL-2 family.

Jealousy won’t make you successful. India should act humble and learn how to develop a JL-1 level SLBM first.

LOL what a turd.

Which part you did not understand where I say "a test without any pontoons".

Moron, put your reading glasses on and WATCH your clip again. Those two objects on surface are called "PONTOONS".

Why you rats in east are so thick??

Now, where is the test video without pontoons? :D:D:D

Mind your language Mr. Be polite and then expect respect. Alas, who am I talking to ??? After-all your are a *********. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Mind your language Mr. Be polite and then expect respect. Alas, who am I talking to ??? After-all your are a *********. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

I was polite until you came up with that shite! Its indeed frustrating dealing with your kind.

Listen kid, I don't have to speak in different lingos to get the message across. Go find a clip, where the missile is tested in open seas without any tug/poonton is sight. Till then, bugger off.... Shuu now!

He most definitely did not, all he did was SAY he did. that's the same as nothing at all. Where is the exact passage that cites this claim. I have clearly showed where my quotes comes from. Also, having read on these report, there is nothing in there that says this at all. Unless the Pentagon report uses a different name for JL-2 half way through the report. Nothing of the sort has been mentioned.

However, there was a redesign all the way back in 1985. If this is his base for his claim than it's a straight up lie.

Couple of things, you did not get news in 2009 other than speculation. Arihant only had sea trials in 2014, how did you get news in 2009. While type 094 has been around since 2007. That's a 7 year difference, not the same thing.

"A report by the National Air and Space Intelligence Center said deployment of 48 JL-2s on the four submarines has provided China with a significant nuclear strike capability."

This is again reported by Bill gertz. A respected journalist, rather than random person no one knows.

National Air and Space Intelligence Center is part of the air force of the US.

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-flight-tests-new-submarine-launched-missile/

What more do you want, you are never going to have China officially confirm these things.

Where did the pentagon report say this, you are going to have to start quoting the report instead of just having me take your word for it. This is an anonymous forum, both yours and my word means nothing.

"China has deployed the new CSS-N-14 SLBM on new 12-tube
JIN Class SSBNs. This missile will, for the first time, allow
Chinese SSBNs to target portions of the United States from
operating areas located near the Chinese coast."

https://www.nasic.af.mil/Portals/19/images/Fact Sheet Images/2017 Ballistic and Cruise Missile Threat_Final_small.pdf?ver=2017-07-21-083234-343

DEPLOYED, are you calling the American Air Force a liar.

Since you asked for tests.

"China carried out a flight test of a new submarine-launched ballistic missile last month that will carry multiple nuclear warheads capable of targeting most of the United States, according to American defense officials."

"The launch in late November was the first time the Chinese military flight tested the Julong-3, or JL-3 missile that will be deployed with the next generation of ballistic missile submarines, said officials familiar with the test who said it appeared successful. Julong is Chinese for Big Wave."

"Vasily Kashin, a military expert with Institute for Far Eastern Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences, told the state-run Sputnik news outlet that China is building up more advanced missiles and submarines over concerns the current JL-2-equipped submarines are vulnerable to U.S. and Japanese naval forces."

Russian academic added to the mix.

"China within the past two years began conducting nuclear missile submarine patrols."

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-flight-tests-new-submarine-launched-missile/

I'm going to need a source on this, from someone actually in the command structure. Or else this isn't anything.

I really don't know what else to add to this.

All right.

Can you cite any reference where the JL 2 successfully tested from any Chinese submarine. There are reports that they failed multiple times and one submarine got destroyed in the process. Can you please cite any reference of successful testing from submarine?

Closed from my side.

All right.

Can you cite any reference where the JL 2 successfully tested from any Chinese submarine. There are reports that they failed multiple times and one submarine got destroyed in the process. Can you please cite any reference of successful testing from submarine?

Closed from my side.

I'll just leave with this, if this isn't good enough than nothing will be.

It is commented by Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Jeff Pool, and reported by Bill Gertz.

“first credible long-range sea-based nuclear deterrent.”

Key word is credible, that means success, China has tested these missiles and failed for a while like you said, but in 2015 he said FIRST. If it failed again he would not have used that word, or if it failed again than it wouldn't be first since it's not the first time we tested it.

Of course there were tests from 2013 to 2015 that were more successful than the previous ones in the late 00s, but in 2015 Pentagon suddenly changed its tone, if that doesn't say it I don't know what does.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/18/inside-the-ring-china-tests-nuclear-missile-for-su/

As of this moment I have provided multiple evidences and reports from the American Air force on what America thinks on China's underseas nuclear capability.

Can you provide some Pentagon sources on Indian capabilities that confirms what the article claims?

Especially this right here.

"India will be on its way to par with China in terms of SLBM capabilities and with K-6 will be able to match its undersea missile capabilities with China."

But a Pentagon report suggests that JL-2 SLBMs are yet to be deployed on existing Type-094s due to unforeseen technical reasons and will be made operational only in larger Type-096 SSBNs or after Type-094s goes through some level of modifications. Type-096 SSBNs are likely to be operational by 2020. If we’re to believe Pentagon report, PLAN has an operational JL-2 SLBM with a range of 7500km but without a launch platform and Type-096 SSBNs will only be ready by 2020 and operationalized by mid of decade.

The JL-2 is already operational on the 09IVs, which made their first deterrence patrol in 2015.

https://thediplomat.com/2015/12/china-deploys-first-nuclear-deterrence-patrol/

As per the latest Indian media reports, K-5 which is an SLBM with a range of 5000km will likely be ready to commence developmental trials from an underwater launch platform from 2019 onwards.

K-5 SLBM marks a significant jump in range and technologies for India and has been declared as the fastest missile in its class with the ability to dodge the Anti-Ballistic missile system. K-5 with lighter payload is likely to breach 7500-8000km mark and will be comparable to Chinese JL-2 SLBM. K-5 SLBM will be deployed onboard S-4 and S4* (STAR) Stretched Variants of Arihant class submarines which will have 1000-tonne more displacement.

Are there sources confirming the K-5's range for various payloads?

By then China’s Type-094 (Jin-class) which is a submarine in class with 11000-tonne displacement will be superseded by Type-096 SSBNs with a displacement of close to 16000 tonnes and will also see the deployment of JL-3 SLBMs with a range of 11000km.

The JL-3 underwent its first test flight in November 2018. US intelligence estimates its range to be "in excess of 9000 km".

https://thediplomat.com/2018/12/chi...ew-jl-3-submarine-launched-ballistic-missile/

India’s S-5 Class of SSBNs will be vastly superior to China’s Type-094 (Jin-class) when deployed but with lower displacement than Type-096 SSBNs which will be already by then.

I wonder how the author made such a comparison between a vaporware (S-5) submarine and one that is already in active service, especially when the projected & actual specifications of both classes are unknown.

While India has a habit of under-reporting its missile range but with K-5 SLBM next year, India will be on its way to par with China in terms of SLBM capabilities and with K-6 will be able to match its undersea missile capabilities with China.

Considering that India's under-development SLBM has yet to match the range and payload capabilities of China's in-service SLBM, this statement is far-fetched.

With Type-094 (Jin-class) SSBNs, China has taken the lead but with the arrival of S-4 and S4* (STAR) Submarines along with INS Arihant and INS Arighat in Indian Navy fleet, India will establish credible Nuclear-Triad against regional rivals which later will be reinforced by next generation of S-5 SSBN Class of submarines.

Lots of speculation and little actualization.

JL 2 is unfit for current Chinese fleet.

Is that why it is in service?

This is fine.
Now you unnecessarily quotes Amit pandey. This is not his Editorial that the article contains his opinions. He has cited a Pantagon Report.

1) I fully agree that JL 2 was about to get IOC in 2013 but there is no news whether it got it or not. If you have any reference, kindly quote it. I have no news of IOC forget about FOC.
2) China's Jin class SSBN is are equiped to carry missile. This is same as we used to get the news since 2009 that Arihant is equiped to carry 12 K 15 and 4 K4 missiles. Until both K 15 and K4 were tested from Arihant, we did not claim that It is equiped with K4 and K15. Submarine had the capability to carry and fire both missiles since 2009 but it took 7 long years to actually test fire and equip the submarine. So what you say is about a possibility. However it is not clear whether JL 2 is fired from any of Chinese submarine. If you have any news , kindly give the reference. I am unaware of any such report.

3) JL 2 is fired form see. Chinese boomer has a provision to accommodate the missile but this does not mean that it is integrated. Pantagon Report exactly say this. You can prove this wrong by just citing a reference of actual firing of JL 2 from any of Chinese submarine.

This remind me chinese warning that their soldiers can land in New Delhi in few hours.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-...irst-combat-patrol-report-says/1331443713383/

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/rest-of-world/2018/11/25/china-launches-additional-type-094-ssbns/

https://thediplomat.com/2015/12/china-deploys-first-nuclear-deterrence-patrol/

https://dod.defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2016 China Military Power Report.pdf

Most government sources believe that the Type 09IV went on its first deterrence patrol in 2015/2016. There is no reason to suspect that the JL-2 isn't in service onboard this submarine.

The JL-2 experienced a troubled development with long lead times and a number of test failures and delays, including a launch failure that destroyed a test submarine, he said, noting the JL-3 program is expected to be less troubled.
Above para is posted from your own reference. JL 2 had multiple failure and destroyed one subarine in testing.

Please provide a credible source stating that the JL-2 destroyed a submarine during its testing phase.

According to US sources that have previously monitored Chinese ballistic missile tests, the JL-3 test in November 2018 was successful.

The JL-3 underwent its first test flight in November 2018. US intelligence estimates its range to be "in excess of 9000 km".

Where did I say that It was not test flown? It had many failure and destroyed one submarine in testing as well. I am just asking whether it got FOC or not? If yes, please post the link.

Please provide a credible source stating that the JL-2 destroyed a submarine during its testing phase.

According to US sources that have previously monitored Chinese ballistic missile tests, the JL-3 test in November 2018 was successful.

The JL-2 experienced a troubled development with long lead times and a number of test failures and delays, including a launch failure that destroyed a test submarine, he said, noting the JL-3 program is expected to be less troubled.

This source is cited by your chinese mate not me. So now don't tell that source is not reliable.

Where did I say that It was not test flown? It had many failure and destroyed one submarine in testing as well. I am just asking whether it got FOC or not? If yes, please post the link.

This source is cited by your chinese mate not me. So now don't tell that source is not reliable.

Your so-called source happens to be an individual with zero connection to the JL-2 program:
Vasily Kashin, a military expert with Institute for Far Eastern Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences

So please quote sources that have credence to them rather than ones that draw its conclusions from what seems to be thin air.

Your so-called source happens to be an individual with zero connection to the JL-2 program:

So please quote sources that have credence to them rather than ones that draw its conclusions from what seems to be thin air.

I knew that. Chinese bluff a lot. They even post the references. When you point out fault from their own resources, they call it fake. Anything which does't comfortable to them is fake. I have repeatedly asked the for FOC of JL 2 or successful test firing of JL 2 from submarine but they are unable to provide a single reference and calls the reference provided by their fellow chinese fake. People of wishful thinking.

I knew that. Chinese bluff a lot. They even post the references. When you point out fault from their own resources, they call it fake. Anything which does't comfortable to them is fake. I have repeatedly asked the for FOC of JL 2 or successful test firing of JL 2 from submarine but they are unable to provide a single reference and calls the reference provided by their fellow chinese fake. People of wishful thinking.

The onus of evidence is on the claimant (you in this case), and so far you have neither provided a credible source nor demonstrated that Mr. Vasily Kashin is different from the hundreds of "military analysts" who make unverifiable claims.

As for the references regarding JL-2 testing and FOC, please refer to the numerous links that I have provided above.

The onus of evidence is on the claimant (you in this case), and so far you have neither provided a credible source nor demonstrated that Mr. Vasily Kashin is different from the hundreds of "military analysts" who make unverifiable claims.

As for the references regarding JL-2 testing and FOC, please refer to the numerous links that I have provided above.

Do not bluff. Copy pest a paragraph citing FOC and JL 2 testing from Submarine with reference. You guys are wishful thinkers and liar. You deny most reliable source and you want us to believe your bluff which doesn't exist anywhere.

K15%2BSagarika.jpg

While India might be newcomer to the world of Ballistic missile submarines (SSBN) and submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs), yet it is not too far away from China’s People’s Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) when it comes to the Nuclear ships and missile it has under its disposal when it comes to direct comparison with regional arch-rival China.

PLAN has JL-2 (CH-SS-N-14) submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) with a range of around 7500km is currently operational. JL-1 it’s predecessor with a range of 2500km which now has been decommissioned from the service due to technical difficulties and also due to lack of credible launch platform resulting in the development of JL-2 SLBMs which are equipped on 6 Type-094 (Jin-class) nuclear-powered ballistic-missile submarines (SSBNs).

But a Pentagon report suggests that JL-2 SLBMs are yet to be deployed on existing Type-094s due to unforeseen technical reasons and will be made operational only in larger Type-096 SSBNs or after Type-094s goes through some level of modifications. Type-096 SSBNs are likely to be operational by 2020. If we’re to believe Pentagon report, PLAN has an operational JL-2 SLBM with a range of 7500km but without a launch platform and Type-096 SSBNs will only be ready by 2020 and operationalized by mid of decade.

On the other hand, INS Arihant, India’s first Ballistic missile submarines (SSBN) has become active only with K-15 SLBM with a range of 1000km and will soon also operationalized with K-4 SLBM with a range of 3500km. Both K-15 and K-4 will go on to serve on INS Arihant and INS Arighat (second Arihant-class submarine). As per the latest Indian media reports, K-5 which is an SLBM with a range of 5000km will likely be ready to commence developmental trials from an underwater launch platform from 2019 onwards.

K-5 SLBM marks a significant jump in range and technologies for India and has been declared as the fastest missile in its class with the ability to dodge the Anti-Ballistic missile system. K-5 with lighter payload is likely to breach 7500-8000km mark and will be comparable to Chinese JL-2 SLBM. K-5 SLBM will be deployed onboard S-4 and S4* (STAR) Stretched Variants of Arihant class submarines which will have 1000-tonne more displacement.

S-4 is likely to be ready for sea trials from 2022 onwards and when commisioned with K-5 SLBMs, will allow India to hide its submarines further away from its coastline and will also possess missiles which can hit mainland China whenever required while maintaining and operating under the safe region of the oceans. Planned S-5 SSBN Class can be described as the Second generation of the Indian Ballistic missile submarines (SSBN) with over 13500 tonnes of displacement are to be developed after it marks completion of S-4 and S4* (STAR) Submarines by India. By then China’s Type-094 (Jin-class) which is a submarine in class with 11000-tonne displacement will be superseded by Type-096 SSBNs with a displacement of close to 16000 tonnes and will also see the deployment of JL-3 SLBMs with a range of 11000km.

DRDO already has been given go head to develop K-6 SLBM with a reported range of 6000km and with MIRV Capabilities which will serve onboard S-4 and S4* (STAR) and later on S-5 SSBN fleet. India’s S-5 Class of SSBNs will be vastly superior to China’s Type-094 (Jin-class) when deployed but with lower displacement than Type-096 SSBNs which will be already by then.

While India has a habit of under-reporting its missile range but with K-5 SLBM next year, India will be on its way to par with China in terms of SLBM capabilities and with K-6 will be able to match its undersea missile capabilities with China. With Type-094 (Jin-class) SSBNs, China has taken the lead but with the arrival of S-4 and S4* (STAR) Submarines along with INS Arihant and INS Arighat in Indian Navy fleet, India will establish credible Nuclear-Triad against regional rivals which later will be reinforced by next generation of S-5 SSBN Class of submarines.

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website http://idrw.org/how-indias-secret-k...slbm-compares-with-chinese-slbms/#more-188005 .
Ha ha. Indian entertain us a lot. In 1982 they have these capabilities and they deployed it 1986 but they never go cheap shot like India.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JL-1
I don't know when Indians become mature. After 32 years of deployment of JL-1 now they are trying to jumping over China that we have this technology. Grown up

Back
Top Bottom