What's new

How Indians have ruined cricket

The author apparently hasn't heard or seen a phenomenon called "Soccer Hooliganism". Indian fans behavior can be considered almost 'saintly' when compared those of the every spectators he so admires - the Europeans, especially, English soccer fans, in soccer stadiums.

Somebody tell that idiot Brit wanna-be to take a hike in Lake District.

I think Indian crowd wishes its team to win bad every time they play, sometimes crowd expectations combined with the status the cricketers enjoy turns out to be more potent combo that might create a feverish jingoism , leading to few acts of nonsense among the crowd.

regarding no audience turnouts for neutral opponents in WC , I can say only one thing I dont know y ? there may be many reasons behind that
may be they dont want to spend money on a team that they dont relate with
I'm fine with it, Hell Yeah I wont watch a league Basketball match of another university if it were to happen in my Univ arena and tickets were given out for free
I think this doesnt make me a non-sport lover, its just that love for that sport only comes into main picture when my home team is in action

I dont buy into Ian Chappell's statement that sachins 100 was more important to few than winning the final, I say its rubbish.
I buy the fact that they wanted to win it for him and his services over the yrs, not at the cost of losing the final and he scoring his 100

I equate 96's skirmish to what happened in Bangladesh with WI, There is a very imp lesson to be learnt for everybody here - hope its not repeated

The author should not expect Indian crowd to do clap-clap-clap or cheer for opponent team as for their own
but should expect the crowd not to boooo the opponent players
SriLankan crowd similar to India's and rest of subcontinent makes hell lot of noise thru instruments and all others while game is on , Its the way ppl celebrate over there , let it be distinctly subcontinental

The author apparently hasn't heard or seen a phenomenon called "Soccer Hooliganism". Indian fans behavior can be considered almost 'saintly' when compared those of the every spectators he so admires - the Europeans, especially, English soccer fans, in soccer stadiums.

Somebody tell that idiot Brit wanna-be to take a hike in Lake District.

He might never watched a football match between England and Germany in England.

The next article will be about the tea drinking habits of Indians and some one will complain why we sip "cuttings" in roadside stalls with a cigarette in one hand. We should do it the way the Brits do. Elegantly sipping black tea with two cubes of sugar and have a pleasant chit chat about the worldly affairs.

Blah blah blue blue .....give me a break!

Did he writer never hear about football hooliganism and riots that breaks after football matches in Europe and south America.

lol,,some sicko trying to Grab some attention by writting some cheap shot article..! eh!

:pop::pop:

Buzz off!

With due respect to author, he has no Idea what he is talking about.. Yes we do love India but we love Cricket very much.. If you ask any indian about best bowlers he has seen.. he will say west indian bowlers like Courtny walsh and then will move over to Pakistani swing-ers like Wasim, Waqar (my fav too) and then in spinners no one wins in comparison to Shane warne..
Similar line goes to Batsman as well.. and apart from Indian batsman we love Gilchrist, Lara, Jaysurya.. and not to forget. when in CWC final.. Mahela returned after hitting century.. Every Mumbai-kar was clapping for him..

While no one goes to watch Ranji match due to special arrnagements needed (like ticket, extra time etc) when a local match is taking place with full gloves/pad on.. u will find minimum 100 spectators for the same.. even D/n tennis ball tournament gets great responses..while no one knows there players..

Yes we are over enthusiastic, over patriot (Mind it!) people.. but No doubt we have sportsman spirit.. we still watch India-Pak Hockey matches and CWG games.. we Love our other sports Icon too.. the only thing u need to have a different perspective..

just if some members bother to read this ! thanks pride.

when brits , play cricket with almost non of their uk born players its not ruining cricket ?

when paksitani get caught for fixing its not ruining ? or people shooting cricketer its alright ?

when aussie abuse and intimidate its not ruining ? when crowd abuse with racisit comment its alright ?

when west indies come up with - 20-20 cub players for a world cup its not ruining cricket.

when sri lankan abuse - yuvi - and their offical allow it - its not ruining cricket ?

when bangladeshi throw stone at team bus its not ruining cricket ?

proteas are nothing but chokers , they are at cricket just to play league matches. they are not doign any good to cricket either.

indian - scream for victory , to see their dream fullfilled its ruining cricket.

this guy have lost his head , if he producing such rubbish.

Clap clap clap-silence.
Is that how you enjoy cricket? We are proud of the way we are and the way we happily live our lives,Brits are lost in their long gone self esteem..we enjoy the most and i bet Pakistanis also do it like us..

Heck!!That's what life is!

look, the reporter isnt wrong with the following statement..."Indians love india". Ofcourse i love my country lol...

excuseme!! Yawwwwwwn

Hey MM_Haider.

Whats up man?

Where have you been?

Remember our bet on India - Pakistan match?

I won.

We not only defeated your country but we defeated SL too.

I hope you will have your feet on ground now. :rofl:

Dont forget Azhar Ud Din, chap..

oh so blame it on india ,

its everybody - india is pin pointed by this blabber for publicity stunt. everybody is sailign in same boat.

if anything india is one country which is keeping this dead sport alive.

Back
Top Bottom