What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine than return Kashmir to Pakistan :rofl:

What a stupid comment. But if we are going to deal in stupid comments, then Technically Kashmir, Pakistan and Bangladesh belongs to Hindus, so if anything you guys should do the returning and pack your bags for Arabia ;)

Hardly, you might need to re-learn history. Direct Action Day was called by Muslims, essentially a call to kill off Hindus across all of British India (where they possibly could).

Not your fault, (Al-)CON-gress has written the textbooks in a "secular" way about partition so the Hindu generation of today does not know about what Hindus had to go through and what a big failure "secular" Congress was in protecting Hindus.
Looking at your location and flag surely I need to reopen my history books:lol:

Looking at your location and flag surely I need to reopen my history books:lol:

Born and brought up in Shimla. Only temporarily in US. How does my flag and location discredit what I say? Would the very same words with a different flag and location become more true/false?

If pani is a sanskrit word then why Hindus in our country use Jol, Pishi, Mashi, Mangsho, snan, but muslims use Pani, Khala, Fufu, Gosto and Gosol? Curious to know!

Please. Both sides were equally responsible for religious atrocities. We rather avoid such topics here.

Tahole boner mohish gulake porer ghore pathan ken?:lol:

Ghass khower jonno :rofl:.

Born and brought up in Shimla. Only temporarily in US. How does my flag and location discredit what I say? Would the very same words with a different flag and location become more true/false?

Not America,the "Hindu Rashtra" was what i am talking about.

Ghass khower jonno :rofl:.

Jak,tao manlen je mosh gula apnar,ebar chupchap ogulare ferot nie jaan:coffee:

What a stupid comment. But if we are going to deal in stupid comments, then Technically Kashmir, Pakistan and Bangladesh belongs to Hindus, so if anything you guys should do the returning and pack your bags for Arabia ;)

Bangladesh is a Muslim majority country so technically it doesn't belong to India.

Bangladesh is Muslim majority country.

Hey you started the stupid argument, I am just taking it further.
And India is Hindu majority (including Muslim population of Kashmir). Just like Bangladesh is Muslim majority with some places where Hindus live. Just like we dont expect you to give us the parts of BD that is Hindu, we are not giving Pakistan the parts of India that is Muslim.

If pani is a sanskrit word then why Hindus in our country use Jol, Pishi, Mashi, Mangsho, snan, but muslims use Pani, Khala, Fufu, Gosto and Gosol? Curious to know!

Not every word in Hindi is derived/sourced from Sanskrit. There are words derived from Khari Boli, Awadhi, Pali and even south Indian languages like Tamil.

Muslims are just doing what every wannabe does. They are living in denial and don't want to believe that at one some point back in time both Hindu and Muslim Bengalis were same.

Hindus use whatever they have been using since centuries, Muslims try to differentiate themselves.

Language is not static, it evolves and in process absorbs foreign words. Notghing wrong with it however it should be organic.

I was reading a Bangladeshi news paper to check Shahbag movement and came across a cricket news. They just literally translated White Wash as Dhabol Dholai in Bengali! :lol: I was like what the heck, this is rape of Bengali language!

One thing I must say regarding Kolkata as I've always been a fan of this city...this city lost its originality. Bangladeshi people who love Bangla literature treated Kolkata as the heart of both West and East. I've been to Tallyganj (confused where Peerless is located) and found that people are bound to speak in Hindi/Urdu otherwise they can't buy anything from a shop whereas in south like in Madras people have to know the local language. Once in 2000/01 there was a statistical report that said 63/64% people in Kolkata were operating in Hindi/Urdu!

Well, this happens in most of the metro cities in India . My mother tongue is marathi, I am proud about it ,I like Raj Thakare's speeches about importance of it but it ends there . It is convinient for people to speak in hindi or English at metro cities, like it is happening in Mumbai. It is one of the reasons why these cities are topping Gdp chart in India.(ie in those cities diverse group of peoples from various states settles)

In Mumbai I found it odd that people are not talking in Marathi but in Hyderabad I found it convinient that most of them knew Hindi along with Telagu.

Your example of Madras is bit different one, South Indian languages are bit different from Hindi, So people there find it difficult to speak it at the same time they are very proud of their language which is vindicated by successful film industry which runs parallel to bollywood.

Hardly, you might need to re-learn history. Direct Action Day was called by Muslims, essentially a call to kill off Hindus across all of British India (where they possibly could).

Not your fault, (Al-)CON-gress has written the textbooks in a "secular" way about partition so the Hindu generation of today does not know about what Hindus had to go through and what a big failure "secular" Congress was in protecting Hindus.

Try not to talk rubbish. It may hurt a little at first, but you will get used to it.

Honestly speaking, no, your flag would make no difference to the credibility of what you say. It would be rubbish anywhere.

Hmmm. A very good question. Perhaps it was a way for Muslims to hold aloof from their recent origins. It is a theory that the overwhelming proportion of converts in eastern Bengal were former Buddhists forcibly suppressed, most prominently under the bigoted Sena dynasty, and they remained an angry mass of disaffected people under a thin layer of the upper castes. The situation was different on the western side.

Why this particular assortment of words? I don't have a clue.

Bangladesh is a Muslim majority country so technically it doesn't belong to India.

You really need to learn more and write less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom