What's new

How India got screwed by U.S for the fall of rupee

People here discussing either don't understand the downfall of currency in BRICS. India is not only country which faced huge downfall in currency but include Brazil, South Africa and Russia as well.

The logic is very simple, When US was under recession, Their investors has put their money in developing countries to get higher benefits but now as US is back on track, they pulled their money from developing countries to invest in own country. This impacts majorly those countries which have huge Foreign direct investment from US. China is an exception because its economy and infrastructure is based on export to world and not majorly based on FDI. Still, It is cheaper and better to develop stuff from China and hence this did not impact China majorly but still there is downfall.

These investors dont run or governed by US govt so Plugging in or out by US to any other country is false statement.

I look up Brazil Real vs USD and they are actually getting stronger. The problem is inside India itself and not related to any other country in BRICS or any other country we know of.

India is doing very well because it was the GOI which engineered the free falling of the rupee intentionally for a good reason. Oh wait.
India is doing very well because it is the world's large democracy. Oh wait.
India is doing very well because it is a consumer base economy. Oh wait.
India is doing very well because it is doing it in its own pace. Oh wait.
India is doing very well because it is world respected. Oh wait.
India is doing very well because it has so many well educated young people. Oh wait.
India is doing very well because it is a world cultural center. Oh wait.
India is doing very well because it has 5000 years of history. Oh wait.
India is doing very well because it invented ZERO.

India did not invent the digit ZERO, though Indians try to take credit for hit. The digit ZERO in Arabic called (Sifar) was invented by "In 976 AD the Persian encyclopedist Muhammad ibn Ahmad al-Khwarizmi, in his "Keys of the Sciences", remarked that if, in a calculation, no number appears in the place of tens, then a little circle should be used "to keep the rows". This circle was called صفر (ṣifr, "empty") in Arabic language. That was the earliest mention of the name ṣifr that eventually became zero.[8]"

0 (number) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thoree Chora Karo Yaar.

india is nt trustworthy enough to rely on. Pak shudhve a very cautious approach unlike wat nawaz is doing
Did the same to the Japanese.

Pakistanis have tried to explain to the Indians that they must build trust and trade with all their neighbours and build an economic bubble on our own so other countries can't just "pull the plug" on an economy.

This is a sign for India to come forward genuinely, make peace and accept coexistence then Pakistan, China, India, Iran and Afghanistan can make a strong bloc, self reliant yet each one completely independent.

Doesn't that sound so much better?

Well! since you also mentioned me, let me tell you that you'll be surprised to know that I have similar experiences too...
When I was a PDF newbie, the very first altercation I got engaged was with Indians predicting India's superwerdom in 20...infinity.
I often found myself at the receiving end trying to advocate for indigenous products instead of imported ones....
I don't know why some Indians have such huge fascination towards anything 'foreign-made'......even when indigenous counterparts are available....

It's really humiliating, when we Indians keep dreaming about our superpowerdom, our 'Netas' keep looting the country.....this is how some of us think we will become superpower....:hitwall:

If you really are Indian, you are an anomaly.

What would be US motive behind "pulling the plug" on India's economy?

I know you're not an economist, so feel free to speculate!

LOL. How simpler can it get ?

USA doesn't want India to be strong and hence pose a threat to the Americans in the future.

20130824_FND001_0.jpg

India did not invent the digit ZERO, though Indians try to take credit for hit. The digit ZERO in Arabic called (Sifar) was invented by "In 976 AD the Persian encyclopedist Muhammad ibn Ahmad al-Khwarizmi, in his "Keys of the Sciences", remarked that if, in a calculation, no number appears in the place of tens, then a little circle should be used "to keep the rows". This circle was called صفر (ṣifr, "empty") in Arabic language. That was the earliest mention of the name ṣifr that eventually became zero.[8]"

Thoree Chora Karo Yaar.

Al Khwarizmi used the Indian numerals. Here is reference for zero from a temple built in 876AD from Gwalior.

02-10-11-ncj-much-ado-about-zero-2.jpg

I look up Brazil Real vs USD and they are actually getting stronger. The problem is inside India itself and not related to any other country in BRICS or any other country we know of.

Then you saw something wrong. I checked today only and though marginally gain of BRL, USD is still 17% up against BRL in past 6 months. Please check any exchange rate site.

Thoree Chora Karo Yaar.

:lol: :lol:

Thoree Chora Karo Yaar.

You guys believe on this?? When India was educated and had books over medicines, astrology etc Then that time Arabs were struggling for a way to survive.

^^^^^
The Arabs were barbaric nomads then.....and the region China was divided into many territories ruled by different rulers........until we Indians gave China its name and taught the Arabs how to count...thereby civilizing both of them........these are historical facts....

^^ thats good

any particular reason for rupee bouncing back?

^^ thats good

any particular reason for rupee bouncing back?

India imported only 2.5 tonnes of gold in the month of August which was a 95% drop from the previous month. It would be interesting to see for how long India can keep up with such tiny amount of import of gold considering the import figures for the past 4 months:

July: 47.5 tonnes
June: 31.5 tonnes
May: 162 tonnes
April: 142.50 tonnes

Gold imports fall 95% in Aug, ease CAD woes

^^ well, import of gold needs to be reduced to very low level, at least for some months if this is true

India imported only 2.5 tonnes of gold in the month of August which was a 95% drop from the previous month. It would interesting to see for how long India can keep up with such tiny amount of import of gold considering the import figures for the past 4 months:

July: 47.5 tonnes
June: 31.5 tonnes
May: 162 tonnes
April: 142.50 tonnes

Gold imports fall 95% in Aug, ease CAD woes

I will avoid buying gold or gold jewelry for the festival season this year. I think every Indian feels like I do then we will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom