What's new

How Far Behind Modernization of Bangladesh Armed Forces

Oh really?

https://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2017

BD rank = 143/180

Pak rank = 117/180

Let me tag some of your proposed "bharti" false flaggers:

@django @Desert Fox @Valar. @Ocean @MUSTAKSHAF
There was no corruption in East Pakistan,then West Pakistanis came and looted Gazillions of Dollors worth Jute and Rice.On that looted money they did built Nuclear Weapons and now are building CEPEC.Chinese loan is a hoax,acually they are selling looted Trillion Tons of Jute:cheers:

The fact that after nearly 50 years of independence Bangladesh's GDP is still 20% smaller than Pakistan raises a lot of questions. Bangladeshis need to ask their govt the answers to these questions. Why is it that Bangladesh's GDP is not at least 30% or 40% more than Pakistan's? I will list several challenges that Pakistan has faced and continues to face which Bangladesh does not.

Pakistan faces existential threat from India and hostilities from Afghanistan/US while Bangladesh is allied with India. Therefore Pakistan spends 3.5% of its GDP on defence, Bangladesh spends 1.25%. So Pakistan needs to spend nearly 300% more than Bangladesh on its defense.

On top of that we have an advanced nuclear and missile program. Its budget is separate from the defence budget, and it eats up billions of dollars to maintain, manufacture and research. Bangladesh has no need to spend on either of these programs.

Pakistan has been fighting a tough and brutal war since the last 15 years. They had to spend billions of dollars on fighting the insurgency with 150,000 troops deployed to fight the insurgency, that deployment is nearly the size of the entire Bangladeshi army.

Not to mention the 30,000 civilians and security personnel killed. Property and financial losses estimated at around $120 billion. Scared away foreign investors, destroyed tourism. Bangladesh faced no such challenges.

We also had to bear the burden of nearly 6 million Afghan refugees for nearly 40 years. Who brought drugs and crime with them. Huge burden on an economy of a poor country like Pakistan. Bangladesh has hardly hosted the 500,000 Rohingya for a year and its already hurting them.

We also had to face military and economic sanctions at various periods. Pakistan was heavily sanctioned in the 90's due to its nuclear program. Our economy was really hurt by the sanctions. Even now there is talk of Pakistan being added to the FATF again after being on it from until 2015. On top of that Pakistan has a negative image in a lot of countries through out the world. So Pakistan faces a lot of hostilities on the international stage. Bangladesh has never faced sanctions of this sort. And it also has a positive world image with several western countries holding it up as an example.

Despite all these advantages then, why hasn't been Bangladesh able to perform much better than Pakistan? Yes, it is ahead of Pakistan and India in HDI, but in robust economic terms, its still a much smaller economy than Pakistan. And to be honest, i personally don't think it's going to change any time soon. Pakistan's GDP growth is projected at 5.7% while Bangladesh at 7.1%. That's not an earth shattering difference. Add to that the $64 billion China is investing in China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, The Iran Pipeline, the TAPI pipeline, the 60% reduction in terrorism and the Afghan refugees going back to Afghanistan. Pakistan's economic progress is most likely to accelerate even more. I am not saying Bangladesh cannot overtake Pakistan's economy, I'm just saying the ground indicators don't seem the suggest so at the moment.

So again in the end that brings me back to my first question. Where has all this money been going in Bangladesh? Why hasn't Bangladesh been able to leverage all these advantages to more economic progress? People need to grab their govt officials by the collar and ask them some hard questions. With the advantages Bangladesh had, it should have had at least 20% larger GDP than Pakistan at this time.

pakistan got billions in goodies in the 1980s and after 9/11

lol still not a logical answer to that the Bangladeshi (East Pakistan) money was used to develop west Pakistan and her Army prior 71.......while as per Bangladeshis the jute money was 1000% more of mainland GDP:rofl: why we never eat grass after 71? why we are still more prosperous and happier then avg Bangladeshi?
Why do you guys always question the disparity between the two wings. Note how the west took advantage of jute earning. It was always a common knowledge at the time that the east wanted its fair share that caused the displeasure of the Punjabi dominated super military in the west. Now, note the excerpt below and just shut your big mouth up and do not please raise this silly kindergarten question again:

Did West Pakistan exploit East Pakistan before 1971 as it was said by the politicians of East Pakistan at that time?

Shahid Hussain Raja

• As the receipts from the export of jute were received and recorded in West Pakistan, less than half of it was spent on the development of eastern wing due to strong incentives under market mechanism in the western wing of the country. Same was the case with the foreign aid received by the government of Pakistan.

Do Bangladeshis under Hassina have this nervous beat whenever they hear the name Pakistan? Do Bangladeshis think Pakistan is about to launch an invasion?

Why do you guys always question the disparity between the two wings. Note how the west took advantage of jute earning. It was always a common knowledge at the time that the east wanted its fair share that caused the displeasure of the Punjabi dominated super military in the west. Now, note the excerpt below and just shut your big mouth up and do not please raise this silly kindergarten question again:

Did West Pakistan exploit East Pakistan before 1971 as it was said by the politicians of East Pakistan at that time?

Shahid Hussain Raja

• As the receipts from the export of jute were received and recorded in West Pakistan, less than half of it was spent on the development of eastern wing due to strong incentives under market mechanism in the western wing of the country. Same was the case with the foreign aid received by the government of Pakistan.
why dont you guys answer simple question then?
where the hell these jute money goes after 71 from which Punjabi evil military of west Pakistan was having luxuries prior 71? or you think still Pakistan is looting those trillions of dollars Jute money from Bangladesh?

where the hell these jute money goes after 71 from which Punjabi evil military of west Pakistan was having luxuries prior 71? or you think still Pakistan is looting those trillions of dollars Jute money from Bangladesh?

This is embarrassing for you dude talking without knowledge.
Jute lost it's value by 1971 due to the rise of plastics.

Jute is no more important... look at textile now.. I am sure you would still loot our 34 billion dollar export which we earn now. In that case you would rather take money from Bangladesh for free than China.
You have to take it from somewhere as you dont earn them. right?

Stupid people with the lowest IQ can again come up with questions, such as, where is now the jute money after 1971. Do not you even know that jute lost its market to the plastic fabric during the 2nd half of 1970s. Will you guys tell us what discontent BD people had if there was no stealing by west from the earnings of jute produced in the east?

You must be a very shameless man not knowing the reality and asking unnecessary silly questions. BD people are now very happy to see our dollar from textiles exports are not being stolen by you.

Seriously buddy, stop talking.

But but but according to these people here Pakistan was built on jute. :lol:
Did you do your math yet on these before you ask others to do the same?:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/whatever.46703/page-4828#post-10263120

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/gdp-...september-quarter.531069/page-4#post-10056012

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/baf-ordered-8-su-30me-variant.545869/page-5#post-10286625

I have gone through it in somewhat cursory way:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...er-than-pakistans.536089/page-7#post-10137373

With 60/40 spending split (and about 50/50 population split), it comes to around 1% of GDP extraction (at most) each year for 2 - 3 spending plans (maybe around a decade to 15 years etc) from East Pakistan to West Pakistan.

This is not even a pure 0-return extraction given East Pakistan got things in return institutionally (often the returns on such are long term) that strangely many BD ppl here (that hate on Pakistan and blame Pakistan 100% for whatever convenient feelz reason) will trumpet in other threads/forums in some nostalgia for the 2-wing Pakistan days (I remember bilal, who is now crying about nukes and dreaming for indo-pak denuclearisation by the "west" in some crazy sour grapes feelz,..... for example did it for PAEC and also BD shipbuilding to name just two).

These people are largely logically decrepit and have no consistency, they will meander and indulge in the sweet hypocrisy (its sweet to them only of course, it looks and smells putrid sewage to all others)....they will attack me for pointing out the numbers simply because they have visceral reaction to being confronted with facts to the feelz they have been brainwashed with as the very core reason for their current political incarnation.

I am still waiting for just one of them to logically dispute the 1% GDP transfer number + added qualifier. There is actually a pretty sound argument they can make on it (if they think things through, but accept its not some wild extraction % like they have been fed this long), but unfortunately looks like none of them know how, or simply are too latched onto the GRAND THEFT AUTO: SWAMP EDITION feelz just like the genocide feelz and rape feelz from the war itself...... and I am not going to help them on the matter....they are quite treacherous with the leeway and buffer I gave them before.

@Desert Fox @django @DESERT FIGHTER
Ayub had actually started to build a modern Dhaka (Ayub Nagr) along the lines of Islamabad(Bongas smelt jute on the roads of Islamabad). The project was started to soothe the inferiority complex of these crybabies. Similarly, Yahya took an initiative to raise additional Bengali units inorder to make them stop b*tching and whining about discrimination. They won't tell you about that though.
They always shout that despite being 55 percent of the total population, they were not recruited in the armed forces as per the ratio of their population. Well, how can any army recruit 5 footers who underperformed physically? Nevertheless, height standards were lowered for recruitment to satisfy these small bongs with big egos. We paid the price for recruiting them; Most of the EPR and EBR units mutinied, lynched their "ponzabi" officers and ran away with their entire weapon load.
They are crybabies and backstabbers, they'll do that to anyone. I am glad that we got rid of em, or else we would have been bled dry by these little bloodsuckers. They would have been crying about this or that every other day.

The honourable ones who sided with Pakistan are being executed by her excellency's kangaroo courts --- for not being traitors some 40 years back...

P.S We had 4 Bengali Prime ministers before Ayub took over. All four were economic failures.

Don't waste your time with these bongi awam. They don't realize that at the time of independence, the area which today is Pakistan was more developed than Bangladesh and the development work was done by the British---They were living in an inferior land to start with, we didn't loot them---Their left-inspired propaganda fed them otherwise though. Just like the 3-million myth!

Bengal, a low lying land of low lying people - General A.A.K Niazi.

Roads, railways and irrigation system of West Pakistan area was developed by the British(not by the mighty jute) and it was the British who preferred to recruit from these areas as well(for obvious reasons). @Nilgiri @Desert Fox

Ayub had actually started to build a modern Dhaka (Ayub Nagr) along the lines of Islamabad(Bongas smelt jute on the roads of Islamabad). The project was started to soothe the inferiority complex of these crybabies. Similarly, Yahya took an initiative to raise additional Bengali units inorder to make them stop b*tching and whining about discrimination. They won't tell you about that though.
They always shout that despite being 55 percent of the total population, they were not recruited in the armed forces as per the ratio of their population. Well, how can any army recruit 5 footers who underperformed physically? Nevertheless, height standards were lowered for recruitment to satisfy these small bongs with big egos. We paid the price for recruiting them; Most of the EPR and EBR units mutinied, lynched their "ponzabi" officers and ran away with their entire weapon load.
They are crybabies and backstabbers, they'll do that to anyone. I am glad that we got rid of em, or else we would have been bled dry by these little bloodsuckers. They would have been crying about this or that every other day.

The honourable ones who sided with Pakistan are being executed by her excellency's kangaroo courts --- for not being traitors some 40 years back...

P.S We had 4 Bengali Prime ministers before Ayub took over. All four were economic failures.
Interesting. This is something I have always been curious about. Was it an inability on our part to integrate Bangladeshis into a common unified Pakistani culture? Or was it they who refused to integrate seeing it as an attempt by "Punjabi" West Pakistanis forcing Urdu on them (makes no sense for Punjabis to force Urdu but okay)?

Was it a cultural divide? Distance? I know that it could have been one or more of these factors.

The Arab revolt against the Ottomans, the current Kurdish rebellion against all four countries they inhabit in order to form a Kurdish state. It has always intrigued me why and how such events could have taken place within the Muslim world. And by this I don't mean foreign finance and material support, but rather the sentiments that's caused these peoples to act like this and could this mean something in regards to the concept of a unified Muslim Ummah?

Don't waste your time with these bongi awam. They don't realize that at the time of independence, the area which today is Pakistan was more developed than Bangladesh and the development work was done by the British---They were living in an inferior land to start with, we didn't loot them---Their left-inspired propaganda fed them otherwise though. Just like the 3-million myth!

Bengal, a low lying land of low lying people - General A.A.K Niazi.

Roads, railways and irrigation system of West Pakistan area was developed by the British(not by the mighty jute) and it was the British who preferred to recruit from these areas as well(for obvious reasons). @Nilgiri @Desert Fox

I have pointed to them (BD members) many times.... what British did (even in best case) to East Bengal over two centuries compared to what Pakistan supposedly did in worst case scenario....and still these fools will mindlessly hate you and find all kind of excuse for what the British did....again purely on the feelings they have been spoon fed and insulated with....rather than actually pick up some relevant books and read them.

Its hopeless to try have this dialogue with them....like it is to try pet a rabid dog....and just like any household you are better off without having a rabid dog around in first place....good riddance.

It has always intrigued me why and how such events could have taken place within the Muslim world. And by this I don't mean foreign finance and material support, but rather the sentiments that's caused these peoples to act like this and could this mean something in regards to the concept of a unified Muslim Ummah?

BD people (tri-river delta area) have worst case of confused identity complex (well before Muhammad was even born)...deep down always, whether they be pious or atheist....honourable or wretched.....rich or poor. This is a long deep subject by itself.

Ummah on the other hand (and concepts like this in non-abrahamic systems too) assumes there is one core, strong, unidirection identity in otherwise very different people to harness, build upon and strengthen. It has good intent (and succeeded to some note when political/military environments were achieved), but the pragmatic reality today shows the dissonance clearly in practice (esp considering Kitab al-Fitan Sunnah you referenced earlier in another thread). It is imperative that Muslim societies strengthen themselves first as independent, pragmatic entities than rely entirely on the notions of Ummah idealism....the ocean has been corrupted, most men are weak....you must dam the good water to survive and prosper as good souls now.

I have pointed to them (BD members) many times.... what British did (even in best case) to East Bengal over two centuries compared to what Pakistan supposedly did in worst case scenario....and still these fools will mindlessly hate you and find all kind of excuse for what the British did....again purely on the feelings they have been spoon fed and insulated with....rather than actually pick up some relevant books and read them.

Its hopeless to try have this dialogue with them....like it is to try pet a rabid dog....and just like any household you are better off without having a rabid dog around in first place....good riddance.

BD people (tri-river delta area) have worst case of confused identity complex (well before Muhammad was even born)...deep down always, whether they be pious or atheist....honourable or wretched.....rich or poor. This is a long deep subject by itself.

Ummah on the other hand (and concepts like this in non-abrahamic systems too) assumes there is one core, strong, unidirection identity in otherwise very different people to harness, build upon and strengthen. It has good intent (and succeeded to some note when political/military environments were achieved), but the pragmatic reality today shows the dissonance clearly in practice (esp considering Kitab al-Fitan Sunnah you referenced earlier in another thread). It is imperative that Muslim societies strengthen themselves first as independent, pragmatic entities than rely entirely on the notions of Ummah idealism....the ocean has been corrupted, most men are weak....you must dam the good water to survive and prosper as good souls now.

Does your stupidity know no bounds?
British came in as colonialists to loot. UK Master with sub-continent as slaves
Pakistan was supposed to be a state where all are equal.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom