What's new

How Far Behind Modernization of Bangladesh Armed Forces

indian army tanks were stopped from entering lahore by bengali regiment whose troops strapped mine on their body and ran towards enemy tanks.... what are you blabbering about strength?
Who supplied those Mines?Murica I guess.

Except nukes Pakistan got weaker and weaker after 71. I dont know in which world you live in. Strength means relative strength when it comes to armed forces. Just look all around you.
Yes,Doubled man Power and almost Trippled Equipment,is that sign of weakness?

Who supplied those Mines?Murica I guess.

Yes,Doubled man Power and almost Trippled Equipment,is that sign of weakness?

There was more conventional parity in the past. Nuclear weapons is the only balance.

And as India's economy improves further, the conventional disparity will only likely increase.

Don't be deluded.

There was more conventional parity in the past. Nuclear weapons is the only balance.

And as India's economy improves further, the conventional disparity will only likely increase.

Don't be deluded.
We were activley fighting a insurgency backed by super power for 17 years,it only last year we got rid of it and business is improving.We have conventionally a sound Deterrence agianst India,which is going to improve further.

We were activley fighting a insurgency backed by super power for 17 years,it only last year we got rid of it and business is improving.We have conventionally a sound Deterrence agianst India,which is going to improve further.

I hope so.

The worst thing for South Asia would be a hegemonic India lead by a right wing Hindu government without containment.

A strong Pakistan is essential for the muslims of South Asia, I believe.

And for that matter, you guys really should be hoping for a Bangladesh free from Indian influence who is military strong and prosperous.

I encourage stronger ties between Bangladesh and Pakistan. (Post-Hasina of course)

Can you imagine the consternation in New Delhi if such a thing were to happen?

Last edited:
You have little to no knowledge of military affairs (by your own admission).

Making your post here one of pure nationalism.

Thanks for your contribution. (sarcasm)
anythhing or anyone which contradicts to what Bangladeshis fairy tales says is considered lack of knowledge or propaganda:lol: as i said to understand banglali fantasy of East Pakistani Jute was main infact the only source of income:rofl: to built and develop Pakistani Army even a 3rd grader would think that why Pakistan didnt collapse after 71 then......let aside military affair knowledge.

Except nukes Pakistan got weaker and weaker after 71. I dont know in which world you live in. Strength means relative strength when it comes to armed forces. Just look all around you.
yeah and what Bangladesh did (with those trillions of dollars which West Pakistan was using) after 71?

anythhing or anyone which contradicts to what Bangladeshis fairy tales says is considered lack of knowledge or propaganda:lol: as i said to understand banglali fantasy of East Pakistani Jute was main infact the only source of income:rofl: to built and develop Pakistani Army even a 3rd grader would think that why Pakistan didnt collapse after 71 then......let aside military affair knowledge.

yeah and what Bangladesh did (with those trillions of dollars which West Pakistan was using) after 71?

LOL. I’m gonna leave you alone. Carry on.

Interesting thread. I think BD armed forces have had a good balanced approach. Except:

1. A lack of LRSAMs. These would be more useful as a deterrent than a handful of MiGs and F-7s. The North Korean KN-06 is probably not available to us due to politics but would have been a great boost.

2. Focus more on getting good ATGMs, and in good quantity. These are very effective in a defensive posture. Not just Chinese Red arrows, but more portable systems.

3. Light artillery needs more focus. Very effective in our terrain defensively, see Vietnam.

Interesting thread. I think BD armed forces have had a good balanced approach. Except:

1. A lack of LRSAMs. These would be more useful as a deterrent than a handful of MiGs and F-7s. The North Korean KN-06 is probably not available to us due to politics but would have been a great boost.

2. Focus more on getting good ATGMs, and in good quantity. These are very effective in a defensive posture. Not just Chinese Red arrows, but more portable systems.

3. Light artillery needs more focus. Very effective in our terrain defensively, see Vietnam.

Off topic question. Did you post in the Chinese Defence Forum as PLA something?

I hope so.

The worst thing for South Asia would be a hegemonic India lead by a right wing Hindu government without containment.

A strong Pakistan is essential for the muslims of South Asia, I believe.

And for that matter, you guys really should be hoping for a Bangladesh free from Indian influence who is military strong and prosperous.

I encourage stronger ties between Bangladesh and Pakistan. (Post-Hasina of course)

Can you imagine the consternation in New Delhi if such a thing were to happen?[/QUOTE
]India is being led by right wing hindus and after there victory in 2019 elections,i am sure many of there rehortics against Muslims are going to turn into Actions.
Relations were getting good till 2008,Pakistan even supplied some Military Hardware to BD and there was even few BD Army Officers studying in C&SC Quetta.But after 2008 everything is getting worst day by day,India was even having nightmares till 71 due to poorly Armed East.If BD is fully Armed and is having Good Relations with Pak,New Delhi would lose sleep.Sadly they wouldn't allow that to happen.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom