What's new

How Far Behind Modernization of Bangladesh Armed Forces

question was not about Pakistan its about what happened to trillions of dollars of Bangladeshi money after 71 which west Pakistan was looting and becomes prosperous prior 71:lol:
Dont you see we are stacked with money now.

Now, do not call @Nilgiri, do your own math and tell us the result,

Did you do your math yet on these before you ask others to do the same?:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/whatever.46703/page-4828#post-10263120

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/gdp-...september-quarter.531069/page-4#post-10056012

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/baf-ordered-8-su-30me-variant.545869/page-5#post-10286625

Was there any conflict in East?
Most of Pakistani Army strength was built on Help and Equipment from US,no from trillions of dollars earned from mighty bongs.
@Nilgiri i am not good at ecnomics,please help our friend with it.

I have gone through it in somewhat cursory way:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...er-than-pakistans.536089/page-7#post-10137373

With 60/40 spending split (and about 50/50 population split), it comes to around 1% of GDP extraction (at most) each year for 2 - 3 spending plans (maybe around a decade to 15 years etc) from East Pakistan to West Pakistan.

This is not even a pure 0-return extraction given East Pakistan got things in return institutionally (often the returns on such are long term) that strangely many BD ppl here (that hate on Pakistan and blame Pakistan 100% for whatever convenient feelz reason) will trumpet in other threads/forums in some nostalgia for the 2-wing Pakistan days (I remember bilal, who is now crying about nukes and dreaming for indo-pak denuclearisation by the "west" in some crazy sour grapes feelz,..... for example did it for PAEC and also BD shipbuilding to name just two).

These people are largely logically decrepit and have no consistency, they will meander and indulge in the sweet hypocrisy (its sweet to them only of course, it looks and smells putrid sewage to all others)....they will attack me for pointing out the numbers simply because they have visceral reaction to being confronted with facts to the feelz they have been brainwashed with as the very core reason for their current political incarnation.

I am still waiting for just one of them to logically dispute the 1% GDP transfer number + added qualifier. There is actually a pretty sound argument they can make on it (if they think things through, but accept its not some wild extraction % like they have been fed this long), but unfortunately looks like none of them know how, or simply are too latched onto the GRAND THEFT AUTO: SWAMP EDITION feelz just like the genocide feelz and rape feelz from the war itself...... and I am not going to help them on the matter....they are quite treacherous with the leeway and buffer I gave them before.

@Desert Fox @django @DESERT FIGHTER

Did you do your math yet on these before you ask others to do the same?:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/whatever.46703/page-4828#post-10263120

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/gdp-...september-quarter.531069/page-4#post-10056012

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/baf-ordered-8-su-30me-variant.545869/page-5#post-10286625

I have gone through it in somewhat cursory way:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...er-than-pakistans.536089/page-7#post-10137373

With 60/40 spending split (and about 50/50 population split), it comes to around 1% of GDP extraction (at most) each year for 2 - 3 spending plans (maybe around a decade to 15 years etc) from East Pakistan to West Pakistan.

This is not even a pure 0-return extraction given East Pakistan got things in return institutionally (often the returns on such are long term) that strangely many BD ppl here (that hate on Pakistan and blame Pakistan 100% for whatever convenient feelz reason) will trumpet in other threads/forums in some nostalgia for the 2-wing Pakistan days (I remember bilal, who is now crying about nukes and dreaming for indo-pak denuclearisation by the "west" in some crazy sour grapes feelz,..... for example did it for PAEC and also BD shipbuilding to name just two).

These people are largely logically decrepit and have no consistency, they will meander and indulge in the sweet hypocrisy (its sweet to them only of course, it looks and smells putrid sewage to all others)....they will attack me for pointing out the numbers simply because they have visceral reaction to being confronted with facts to the feelz they have been brainwashed with as the very core reason for their current political incarnation.

I am still waiting for just one of them to logically dispute the 1% GDP transfer number + added qualifier. There is actually a pretty sound argument they can make on it (if they think things through, but accept its not some wild extraction % like they have been fed this long), but unfortunately looks like none of them know how, or simply are too latched onto the GRAND THEFT AUTO: SWAMP EDITION feelz just like the genocide feelz and rape feelz from the war itself...... and I am not going to help them on the matter....they are quite treacherous with the leeway and buffer I gave them before.

@Desert Fox @django @DESERT FIGHTER
But but but according to these people here Pakistan was built on jute. :lol:

while seeing all bangalis ranting about East Pakistani money used to develop Pakistani military i wonder why Pakistan Military didnt collapse after 71 when East Pakistanis (Bangalis) stop sending trillions of jute dollars to West Pakistan.:disagree: Infact Pakistan became stronger and stronger after 71. Even a 3rd grade kid can understand this simple Logic.
Because after 1971, Bhutto was determined to maintain the previous spending on defence despite GDP cut by 40 percent due to Bangladesh separation. From a book called 'Pakistan under Bhutto leadership' read from page-142

It was one of Bhutto’s major obsessions to seek parity in armaments with India.
He allocated nearly 50 per cent of Pakistan’s total national budget and nearly 10
per cent of its GNP to defence expenditure. During the financial year 1975-1976,
Pakistan’s defence expenditure was estimated to be Rs. 702 crores, whereas

before the liberation of Bangladesh the defence budget totalled Rs. 444 crore.
'Pakistan under Bhutto leadership' page-142
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=21&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjl5uHU3-3ZAhVIzoMKHScmBowQFginATAU&url=http://www.panhwar.com/Books_By_Sani/Pakistan_Under_Bhuttos_Leadership.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0Sm32vgAQ7S8dqDYgw3hec

Before 1971, Pakistan was comfortably spending 4-5 percent of GDP to defence. After 1971, to maintain the same strength, it had to spend 10 percent of GDP. Most of these money came from foreign debt which gave pain Pakistan in the following decades.Bhutto was truly determined to feed Pakistani people grass for the sake of military.

Because after 1971, Bhutto was determined to maintain the previous spending on defence despite GDP cut by 40 percent due to Bangladesh separation. From a book called 'Pakistan under Bhutto leadership' read from page-142

It was one of Bhutto’s major obsessions to seek parity in armaments with India.
He allocated nearly 50 per cent of Pakistan’s total national budget and nearly 10
per cent of its GNP to defence expenditure. During the financial year 1975-1976,
Pakistan’s defence expenditure was estimated to be Rs. 702 crores, whereas

before the liberation of Bangladesh the defence budget totalled Rs. 444 crore.
'Pakistan under Bhutto leadership' page-142
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=21&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjl5uHU3-3ZAhVIzoMKHScmBowQFginATAU&url=http://www.panhwar.com/Books_By_Sani/Pakistan_Under_Bhuttos_Leadership.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0Sm32vgAQ7S8dqDYgw3hec

Before 1971, Pakistan was comfortably spending 4-5 percent of GDP to defence. After 1971, to maintain the same strength, it had to spend 10 percent of GDP. Most of these money came from foreign debt which gave pain Pakistan in the following decades.Bhutto was truly determined to feed Pakistani people grass for the sake of military.
lol still not a logical answer to that the Bangladeshi (East Pakistan) money was used to develop west Pakistan and her Army prior 71.......while as per Bangladeshis the jute money was 1000% more of mainland GDP:rofl: why we never eat grass after 71? why we are still more prosperous and happier then avg Bangladeshi?

lol still not a logical answer to that the Bangladeshi (East Pakistan) money was used to develop west Pakistan and her Army prior 71.......while as per Bangladeshis the jute money was 1000% more of mainland GDP:rofl: why we never eat grass after 71? why we are still more prosperous and happier then avg Bangladeshi?
During 1950s and 1960s, east Pakistan was the biggest milking cow.During 1970s, Bhutto borrowed heavily to mask the extra spending on military without squeezing the non military budget.So public did not feel to do the belt tightening. Then during Zia's rule, Soviet intervention in Afghanistan was a God sent relief for both Pakistani economy and defence forces when billions of dollar of American cash and Saudi petro dollar started to flow towards Pakistan.Pakistan also got favorable trade and loan opportunity as a western partner of Afghan war.1990s was a period when Pakistan was entering into crisis. Then again, a God sent opportunity!!. America started war in Afghanistan and Pakistan again offered itself! So 33 billion dollar aid. IMF and World Bank also became a rescuer of Pak economy whenever needed. For the last 3-4 years Chinese loan money for CPEC became massiah.
This is how Pakistan is earning a living in the last 70 years.
Foot soldering+karj+khairat=Pak economy.

Last edited:
During 1950s and 1960s, east Pakistan was the biggest milking cow.During 1970s, Bhutto borrowed heavily to mask the extra spending on military without squeezing the non military budget.So public did not feel to do the belt tightening. Then during Zia's rule, Soviet intervention in Afghanistan was a God sent relief for both Pakistani economy and defence forces when billions of dollar of American cash and Saudi petro dollar started to flow towards Pakistan.Pakistan also got favorable trade and loan opportunity as a western partner of Afghan war.1990s was a period when Pakistan was entering into crisis. Then again, a God sent opportunity!!. America started war in Afghanistan and Pakistan again offer itself! So 33 billion dollar aid. IMF and World Bank also became a rescuer of Pak economy whenever needed. For the last 3-4 years Chinese loan money for CPEC became massiah.
lol hahhahah:lol:

am speechless with you guys imaginative skills:enjoy:

lol hahhahah:lol:

am speechless with you guys imaginative skills:enjoy:
One thing I must clear, although I criticize Pakistan for it's role in 1947-1971 period or some of the policy in the later years, but it does not mean that I hate Pakistan or want anything bad for It. It is actually quite the opposite, I want a peaceful, prosperous and strong Pakistan. And wish for a day when both Bangladesh and Pakistan will forge a close, friendly relation.This is the view of majority of Bangladeshi people as well. As a muslim country, we have goodwill for all the muslim nations, including Pakistan.

Last edited:
One thing I must clear, although I criticize Pakistan for it's role in 1947-1971 period or some of the policy in the later years, but it does not mean that I hate Pakistan or want anything bad for It. It is actually quite the opposite, I want a peaceful, prosperous and strong Pakistan. And wish for a day when both Bangladesh and Pakistan will forge a close, friendly relation.This is the view of majority of Bangladeshi people as well. As a muslim country, we have goodwill for all the muslim nations, including Pakistan.

Yeah of course we should all take your word on it:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/with...t-targets-pakistan.519931/page-3#post-9895413

Just really enjoy your quote (the other ones are great too! everyone should check them out):

We are also blessed for not having a country like pakistan as a neighbor.I can't imagine the spillover effect if we were next to the widely called 'epicenter of terrorism'.Actually no country like to be the next to pakistan.Ask Indian,Afghan or Iranian.Chinese people may not tell it directly but deep down they know.

Too easy to wreck your lack of spine and all those thumbing up your BS charade too.

Like the hilsa fish you lot love, you swim in a effluent sewage river...thinking other people should just accept that and even enjoy it. Sod off.

What is modernisation please? you can call "beatification of cantonment, air bases and naval bases".

During 1950s and 1960s, east Pakistan was the biggest milking cow.During 1970s, Bhutto borrowed heavily to mask the extra spending on military without squeezing the non military budget.So public did not feel to do the belt tightening. Then during Zia's rule, Soviet intervention in Afghanistan was a God sent relief for both Pakistani economy and defence forces when billions of dollar of American cash and Saudi petro dollar started to flow towards Pakistan.Pakistan also got favorable trade and loan opportunity as a western partner of Afghan war.1990s was a period when Pakistan was entering into crisis. Then again, a God sent opportunity!!. America started war in Afghanistan and Pakistan again offered itself! So 33 billion dollar aid. IMF and World Bank also became a rescuer of Pak economy whenever needed. For the last 3-4 years Chinese loan money for CPEC became massiah.

Excellent post and factual to a tee!

Some in this forum are so dull and thick that they don't understand simple logic, inference and supposition, even when you spoon-feed it to them.

You had to explain something simple like this twice to this guy......SMH.

To have a peaceful, prosperous and strong Pakistan, they have to get some educated technocrats as leaders instead of the thugs, thieves and feudal fauji margin-skimmers they have in leadership right now. Fat chance of that happening.

We have chors too, but Pakistani chori is at another level.....

When you have mostly uneducated folks as your voter-base (as planned), it's really easy to exploit them.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom