What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

Hey, megacity trolls and costal trolls and Canton/Shanghai trolls in PDF, don't u think inland small cities should be the biggest concern?
@Shotgunner51 @Yizhi @cnleio @Chinese-Dragon @TaiShang
Central China
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 11.58.29.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 11.56.01.png

Yichang, Hubei Province
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 10.51.40.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 10.53.57.png

Enshi, the poorest city in Hubei
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 11.17.27.png

Jiujiang, Jiangxi Province
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 11.22.49.png

Nanyang, Henan Province
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 11.27.37.png

Hengyang, Hunan Province
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 11.53.13.png

Last edited:
Those anti-China experts call the new district in Zhengzhou "ghost town", only we know how much we need them, how many locals need an apartment and how many high-tech companies need offices. I've been there, so prosperous, new energy, high-tech innovation, logistics, and that gigantic Zhengzhou East Railway Station! A major tech&transport hub in central China.

Those anti-China experts call the new district in Zhengzhou "ghost town", only we know how much we need them, how many locals need an apartment and how many high-tech companies need offices. I've been there, so prosperous, new energy, high-tech innovation, logistics, and that gigantic Zhengzhou East Railway Station! A major tech&transport hub in central China.

True, brother! We all don't believe those BS report, it could be empty at the very beginning because it's new district, but now it's quite crowed. As you said, all the top companies from home and abroad established their headquarter or region center there. I really appreciate that, hope you enjoy your stay in Zhengzhou! Are you from Wuhan? I've been there many times since very young, rapid development taking place every year, now it's different from my old memory, very beautiful and magnificent!

Wuhan's Optics Valley (Donghu New Technology Development Zone)
They called it Ghost City years ago
Just let them laugh, now it has 2 million residents, more than 50 universities and colleges, 1 million students at school, 71 national sci-tech research institutes, enormous patents and innovation every single day.

屏幕快照 2015-03-21 14.18.57.png

Wuhan Open, in Optics Valley
one of the Premier 5 tournaments on the WTA Tour
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 14.19.08.png

True, brother! We all don't believe those BS report, it could be empty at the very beginning because it's new district, but now it's quite crowed. As you said, all the top companies from home and abroad established their headquarter or region center there. I really appreciate that, hope you enjoy your stay in Zhengzhou! Are you from Wuhan? I've been there many times since very young, rapid development taking place every year, now it's different from my old memory, very beautiful and magnificent!
Yep, from Wuhan. Central China and western China are the future of China, only costal regions are developed not enough. My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan
When I was a kid, I traveled with my calligraphy teacher and classmates to Luoyang, Henan Province. It was a horrible overnight train journey, no A/C, over-crowed. But now, 2 hours to Zhengzhou, 3 hours to Luoyang by HSR! The progress is sometimes overwhelming!!!

Last edited:
Wuhan's Optics Valley (Donghu New Technology Development Zone)
They called it Ghost City years ago
Just let them laugh, now it has 2 million residents, more than 50 universities and colleges, 1 million students at school, 71 national sci-tech research institutes, enormous patents and innovation every single day.

View attachment 205097
Wuhan Open, in Optics Valley
one of the Premier 5 tournaments on the WTA Tour
View attachment 205098

Yep, from Wuhan. Central China and western China are the future of China, only costal regions are developed not enough. My CRH trip from Shanghai back to Wuhan
When I was a kid, I traveled with my calligraphy teacher and classmates to Luoyang, Henan Province. It was a horrible overnight train journey, no A/C, over-crowed. But now, 2 hours to Zhengzhou, 3 hours to Luoyang by HSR! The progress is sometimes overwhelming.

Nice ! Hope to visit Wuhan next time! Wuhan's technology power is definitely top 5 in China. Can't agree more with you, only coastal region to be developed is not enough, central and west China need more attention, Wuhan, Nanchang, Changsha and Zhengzhou have more potential growth, I believe. :china::oops:

Hey, megacity trolls and costal trolls and Canton/Shanghai trolls in PDF, don't u think inland small cities should be the biggest concern?
@Shotgunner51 @Yizhi @cnleio @Chinese-Dragon @TaiShang
Central China
View attachment 205060 View attachment 205061
Yichang, Hubei Province
View attachment 205062 View attachment 205063
Enshi, the poorest city in Hubei
View attachment 205064

Jiujiang, Jiangxi Province
View attachment 205065

Nanyang, Henan Province
View attachment 205066

Hengyang, Hunan Province
View attachment 205067
i can into small townships too you know. the flexibility of Shenzheners.:smokin:

Northeast China Jilin Province:

01300000241358129360613772623.jpg

Tonghua city, ppl 500,000.

96523559.jpg

Linjiang city, ppl 200,000. bordering North Korea.

i can into small townships too you know. the flexibility of Shenzheners.:smokin:

Northeast China Jilin Province:

01300000241358129360613772623.jpg

Tonghua city, ppl 500,000.

96523559.jpg

Linjiang city, ppl 200,000. bordering North Korea.

Hey, Shenzhen troll from Northeastern China, can we keep an eye on western China?
Kangding County, Sichuan Province

屏幕快照 2015-03-21 15.33.55.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 15.39.08.png

屏幕快照 2015-03-21 15.40.20.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 15.40.55.png

Ya'an-Kangding Expressway under construction
屏幕快照 2015-03-21 15.42.42.png

CPC greatest infra-structure build up that will impact China for thousands of years are

The-Jiangdu-station-on-th-008.jpg

1. South–North Water Transfer Project (East Route)

bg-south-north-water-transfer-project-china-2050-2052.jpg

2. South–North Water Transfer Project (Central Route)

South North Water Transfer enable Northern China proper farming 华北 to be industrialize. S China has water but its not suitable for large scale industrial farming as it is mountainous. Northern China is flat but rainfall is a little low and evaporation rate is too high.

ThreeGorgesDam-China2009.jpg

3. 3 gorge dam and Yangtze cascade dam complexes

The best thing about 3 gorge dam is not generating power, but solving the flooding issue of Yangtze permanently. It turn Chongqing, 1000km inland from sea, into among world busiest port.

645_HSR_China_3.jpg

4. HSR

5. Taming of Yellow river.

Yellow river flooding kill millions. Now, Yellow river has not have serious flooding for 30 years. In reality yellow river is running short of water, as all waters are diverted to irrigation.

CPC feat since for the past 35 years are nothing short of miracle.

共产党够狠, 才能解决这种问题。 :tup:

CPC greatest infra-structure build up that will impact China for thousands of years are

The-Jiangdu-station-on-th-008.jpg

1. South–North Water Transfer Project (East Route)

bg-south-north-water-transfer-project-china-2050-2052.jpg

2. South–North Water Transfer Project (Central Route)

South North Water Transfer enable Northern China proper farming to be industrialize. S China has water but its not suitable for large scale industrial farming as it is mountainous. Northern China is flat but rainfall is a little low and evaporation rate is too high.

ThreeGorgesDam-China2009.jpg

3. 3 gorge dam and Yangtze cascade dam complexes

The best thing about 3 gorge dam is not generating power, but solving the flooding issue of Yangtze permanently. It turn Chongqing, 1000km inland from sea, into among world busiest port.

645_HSR_China_3.jpg

4. HSR

5. Taming of Yellow river. Yellow river flooding kill millions. Now, Yellow river has not have serious flooding for 30 years. In reality yellow river is running short of water, as all waters are diverted to irrigation.

CPC feat since for the past 35 years are nothing short of miracle.

共产党够狠, 才能解决这种问题。 :tup:
I have some doubts on water transfer projects. People in the north are deficient in water, which means their land can not support more migration. These water projects make my province(Hubei) suffer from some environmental issues. For the remaining, I have not problems, even the three gorge dam leads to fierce controversies.
btw, your HSR photo, no Chinese railway or CRH logo on the train

I have some doubts on water transfer projects. People in the north are deficient in water, which means their land can not support more migration. These water projects make my province(Hubei) suffer from some environmental issues. For the remaining, I have not problems, even the three gorge dam leads to fierce controversies.
btw, your HSR photo, no Chinese railway or CRH logo on the train

To allow Chinese to live comfortably, there is a need to mechanize and automate agriculture, just like the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps are doing now. The PLA farms are far far more productive than the Uighur farms or even the private farmers' farm in China proper.

Reason being, the small farmers have no capital and their productivity is low.

It is good many of these farmers move into city and when rural population get smaller, the land can be aggregated into cooperative (idea solution) or bought by industrial conglomerate (may be bad idea), or run by PLA style Bingtuan.

With water flowing from South, large scale industrial farming is possible. Its better for Northern China to have water than to let it flow to the sea.

This is my speculation, and I am open to discussion. I am not a agri expert.

Back
Top Bottom