What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

The fall of China in the 19th- (part of) 20th centuries was a historical anomaly.

Now, as I view it, history is correcting itself, putting the pieces back to their proper places.

Nothing comes easy, for free, or by chance. Everything is the result of hard work. The hard work of you own, your own family, your own government, your own nation.

Still miles to go, but, at present, I am immensely optimistic about future and China's capabilities.

Just look at the CEBIT; how in one single event China has shattered all preconceptions and biases. Everything is step by step. Like @xunzi says, all we need is time.

I ascribe the success to:

1. China's own history that is used to be the greatest. Hence, it is in people's cultural genes.

2. China's governance model that is based on historical dialecticism.

3. And China's exceptional government and successive presidents who, dialectically, rose up to the challenges of their own times. Each, in the context of their own time, is great statesmen.

Never be complacent. Take the compliments and criticism, but chart your own future at your own speed and the way you like it.

NEVER LET FOREIGNERS DICTATE YOU THEIR OWN MIND.

Yes, from each family's angle, things have changed so much between how we live and how our parents live 35 years ago. Here in Shanghai, now that's .....

Where our family here call home ... (Shanghai Hongqiao district)
View attachment 204685

Where our kids study ... (Shanghai Gezi Primary School)
View attachment 204696

Where we work ... (Shanghai Lujiazhui financial district)
View attachment 204684

How we commute to work ... (Shanghai Maglev, Pudong Airport)
View attachment 204686

Where we wine, dine, party and have fun ... (Shanghai Luwan district)
View attachment 204687

Where we golf in the Sunday morning ... (Dingshan Wu district)
View attachment 204699
The ShangHai had been over developed nation ... but internal cities not yet much better than before, our hometown just got off undeveloped and reached the rich living conditons during recent Eight Years. :coffee:

Whatever, as far as i see these 1st-level Chinese cities like BeiJing,ShangHai,GuangZhou,ShenZhen etc had developed over some West nations ... now next 10years let's see 2nd-level cities like HangZhou,WuHan,ChengDu, ZhenZhou,NanChang etc to surpass the West developed nation level ... Let's just do it !

Is this project really practical? could you tell us more on this?
Why not ? Currently China has it ... ShangHai 陆家嘴金融中心(Lujiazhui financial district), u never seen in Vietnam.

Chinese 'NewYork'
mhrm-dspd19877.jpg

553541_191625324190_2.jpg

rdn_5248db7a4d822.jpg

Great view, why you don't share us more on your home town?
Where do you live?
I ever shared a thread in 'Members Club' section in 2014, u can search it.

Sorry this's u asked
"How we commute to work ... (Shanghai Maglev, Pudong Airport)"
, i just mistake it.

ShangHai maglev train, from ShangHai airport to city center (building cost not cheap). U can ask @Shotgunner51 more about ShangHai, he is ShangHaier not me.
181-1386318933250-8227.jpg

01300000763638128886302438085.jpg

01300000763638128886309240736.jpg

The ShangHai had been over developed nation ... but internal cities not yet much better than before, our hometown just got off undeveloped and reached the rich living conditons during recent Eight Years. :coffee:

Whatever, as far as i see these 1st-level Chinese cities like BeiJing,ShangHai,GuangZhou,ShenZhen etc had developed over some West nations ... now next 10years let's see 2nd-level cities like HangZhou,WuHan,ChengDu, ZhenZhou,NanChang etc to surpass the West developed nation level ... Let's just do it !

Yeah I think so. Last year (2014) Shanghai nominal GDP per capita has surpassed $27,000, while still enjoy fairly low living costs (except housing) thanks for abundant and low-cost commodities supply from in-land provinces as well as ASEAN countries. With abundant government revenue, Shanghai provides the best social welfare among all provinces in mainland China (only after HK and Macau). And now the greater Shanghai metropolis have among the world's best airports, busiest ports, best roads/high-ways, best rails, biggest modern subways, biggest fleet of modern tech buildings, biggest comprehensive public services, biggest manufacturing base of electronics.

All 14 million of Shanghai people, together with 10 million of outsiders (from other parts of China as well as the world) here, are confident that greater Shanghai metropolis will continue to rise for a better future, reaching parity with or surpassing that of HK, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo and Seoul. All Shanghainese let's work hard on this!

@Chinese-Dragon @TaiShang Shanghai is not far behind you, we are chasing, watch out bros!

@Yizhi Shanghai's main competitor in China will be Guangdong, and Beijing-Tianjin metropolis, let's compete bro!

High salary level, tight environmental regulations in Shanghai are encouraging labor-intensive and environmentally demanding industries to migrate outwards (to in-land provinces, and abroad), while advanced manufacturing (e.g. aviation, electronics, precision tooling, machinery, ship-building, bio-tech), advanced services (e.g. financing, accounting, marketing) are fast becoming the pillar businesses here. The spill-over effect, supply chain drag and outbound capital from Shanghai will pull other cities to develop, let all Chinese cities including your hometown Nanchang succeed!

Last edited:
Yeah I think so. Last year (2014) Shanghai nominal GDP per capita has surpassed $27,000, while still enjoy fairly low living costs (except housing) thanks for abundant and low-cost commodities supply from in-land provinces as well as ASEAN countries. With abundant government revenue, Shanghai provides the best social welfare among all provinces in mainland China (only after HK and Macau). And now the greater Shanghai metropolis have among the world's best airports, busiest ports, best roads/high-ways, best rails, biggest modern subways, biggest fleet of modern tech buildings, biggest comprehensive public services, biggest manufacturing base of electronics.

All 14 million of Shanghai people, together with 10 million of outsiders (from other parts of China as well as the world) here, are confident that greater Shanghai metropolis will continue to rise for a better future, reaching parity with or surpassing that of HK, Singapore, Taipei, Tokyo and Seoul. All Shanghainese let's work hard on this!

High salary level, tight environmental regulations in Shanghai are encouraging labor-intensive and environmentally demanding industries to migrate outwards (to in-land provinces, and abroad), while advanced manufacturing (e.g. aviation, electronics, precision tooling, machinery, ship-building, bio-tech), advanced services (e.g. financing, accounting, marketing) are fast becoming the pillar businesses here. The spill-over effect, supply chain drag and outbound capital from Shanghai will pull other cities to develop, let all Chinese cities including your hometown Nanchang succeed!
NanChang is my hometown ... now i become a ShenZhen citizen, just my parents and a my house in there. HeHe !

I just remember, there will build the 1st biggest Walt DisneyLand in ShangHai city (2013 start building above-ground structures) ... how about the project now, when finish ?
6cdb0ce4e79f45e091622561e8529467_720_480.jpg

Last edited:
NanChang is my hometown ... now i become a ShenZhen citizen, just my parents and a house in there. HeHe !

I just remember, there will build the 1st biggest Walt DisneyLand in ShangHai city (2013 start building above-ground structures) ... how about the project now, when finish ?
View attachment 204736

We have completed the infrastructure for Disney, e.g. road/high-ways, subways, etc., Disney will be launched in 2016. Actually Shanghai have so many theme parks already running for years, check a few out ...

5074100bdfeca.png
55126822d1890e13e9b6562deccc5cc0_690_482.jpg
2006030800373599ea6.jpg
20101222120437608_2046.jpg

5b6fe4aef4752084324873066dff529b_690_366.jpg

Welcome to play and see more!

Last edited:
merely back to where we were````but still miles away from our ideal place
fair, justice, prosper and firm

@Chinese-Dragon @TaiShang Shanghai is not far behind you, we are chasing, watch out bros!

@Yizhi Shanghai's main competitor in China will be Guangdong, and Beijing-Tianjin metropolis, let's compete bro!

:cheers:for competitive spirit, bro.
i would say the internal competition of Pearl River Delta is quite fierce already. HongKong vs. Shenzhen, Shenzhen vs. Guangzhou, Macau vs. Hongkong, Zhuhai vs. Shenzhen, plus Dongguan, Foshan... juicy story. but we'll unite to fight you guys in Shanghai & Beijing area. be prepared!;).

Back
Top Bottom