What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

You totally got me wrong. In this forum, I think I am the strongest to against lobbyists(like current PM's "teacher" in economy) to privatise railway sector, now it's partially done. Check my comments in
https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/
But, state-owned economy and centralised government is nothing new to Chinese, they are not taught from European communists. Those so-called CPC members are doing what's the private capitalists wanna do.
1, I'm against communist fundamentalism;
2. I'm against privatisation in key sectors.
3. I'm for a strong centralised government plus an independent judiciary.

Xi Jinping is also against the privatization, but the corruption and the graft have created the damage to the financial state of the national rail.

And now they need more money to expand their new silk road project.

As long as the government is still the major shareholder, I think everything will be fine.

Xi Jinping has drawn a clear red line which is the government remains the control as the major shareholder, and there is nothing else they can change so far.

Yea, I can't believe how it changed since the 90's, a friend of my fathers use to travel with donkeys now he own's an entire farm, everyone I know owns cars. It's getting alot of investment from mostly Gulf Arab countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Happy to know that.
However, I think their investments have some intentions, Chinese muslims tend to be mild, rational and eager to reform. But Wahhabism?

Xi Jinping is also against the privatization, but the corruption and the graft have created the damage to the financial state of the national rail.

As long as the government is still the major shareholder, I think everything will be fine.

Xi Jinping has drawn a clear red line which is the government remains the control as the major shareholder, and there is nothing else they can change so far.
Apparently, you have no ideas about the internal conflicts...I think the current situation is very critical, Xi has clearly done a lot to prevent this tendency, but his biggest enemy is his fellow "comrades" in the politburo.

Apparently, you have no ideas about the internal conflicts...I think the current situation is very critical, Xi has clearly done a lot to prevent this tendency, but his biggest enemy is his fellow "comrades" in the politburo.
I read this somewhere. Back then I just take it as a grain of salt.

Xi Jinping's true allies are Wang Qishan and Li Zhanshu.

Li Keqiang backed by the Tuanpai faction has finally shown their true liberal color.

Xi Jinping now keeps expanding his influence in the military, so he will have the absolutely power to take in charge of everything.

@ChineseTiger1986 ,

I would caution you to read more into actual academic sources properly before you make a judgment, as you have to understand that Xi's policies as per the Plenum, have actually endorsed a growing sense of privatization in the sense of empowering more SOE shareholding in resources. It is all part of Xi's visage of having a more macroeconomic policy.

While Xi proposes that the government retreat from its role in manipulating the prices of key inputs, it is quite clear that the government’s large role as the direct owner of key economic assets will remain. While the Decision contains a number of specific SOE reform proposals (such as raising their dividend payout ratio from the current 10-15% to 30%, and an encouragement of private participation in state-sector investment projects), it retains a commitment to a very large SOE role in economic development.

Subjecting SOEs to much more intense competition and tighter regulation appears to be a big part of Xi’s agenda. In his interview, the Plenum decision recognizes the equal importance of both state and non-state ownership – a shift from previous formulations which always gave primacy to the state sector.

Please review:

[1] “Decision of the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee on Several Major Questions About Deepening Reform” (中共中央关于全面深化改革若干重大问题的决定),available in Chinese at 授权发布:中共中央关于全面深化改革若干重大问题的决定-新华网

[2]“Communiqué of the Third Plenum of the 18th CPC Central Committee” (中国共产党第十八届中央委员会第三次全体会议公报), available in Chinese at 授权发布:中国共产党第十八届中央委员会第三次全体会议公报-高层动态-新华网

[3] Xi Jinping, “An Explanation of the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee Decision on Several Major Questions About Deepening Reform”( 习近平:关于《中共中央关于全面深化改革若干重大问题的决定》的说明), available in Chinese at 习近平:关于《中共中央关于全面深化改革若干重大问题的决定》的说明-高层动态-新华网

@AndrewJin The Muslim brotherhood use to have some support in our Muslim regions but since they nearly ruined Egypt economy and country as a whole people turned their back on them. CPC is wise to look after minorities as we are great ally and consider ourselves sons of China.

@powastick @AndrewJin @ChineseTiger1986 @Chinese-Dragon @Yizhi

What do you think the CPC should do with the ISIS threat ? They claim Xinjiang as apart of their caliphate and Salafi Influence has been found there.

@ChineseTiger1986 ,

I would caution you to read more into actual academic sources properly before you make a judgment, as you have to understand that Xi's policies as per the Plenum, have actually endorsed a growing sense of privatization in the sense of empowering more SOE shareholding in resources. It is all part of Xi's visage of having a more macroeconomic policy.

While Xi proposes that the government retreat from its role in manipulating the prices of key inputs, it is quite clear that the government’s large role as the direct owner of key economic assets will remain. While the Decision contains a number of specific SOE reform proposals (such as raising their dividend payout ratio from the current 10-15% to 30%, and an encouragement of private participation in state-sector investment projects), it retains a commitment to a very large SOE role in economic development.

Subjecting SOEs to much more intense competition and tighter regulation appears to be a big part of Xi’s agenda. In his interview, the Plenum decision recognizes the equal importance of both state and non-state ownership – a shift from previous formulations which always gave primacy to the state sector.

Please review:

[1] “Decision of the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee on Several Major Questions About Deepening Reform” (中共中央关于全面深化改革若干重大问题的决定),available in Chinese at 授权发布:中共中央关于全面深化改革若干重大问题的决定-新华网

[2]“Communiqué of the Third Plenum of the 18th CPC Central Committee” (中国共产党第十八届中央委员会第三次全体会议公报), available in Chinese at 授权发布:中国共产党第十八届中央委员会第三次全体会议公报-高层动态-新华网

[3] Xi Jinping, “An Explanation of the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee Decision on Several Major Questions About Deepening Reform”( 习近平:关于《中共中央关于全面深化改革若干重大问题的决定》的说明), available in Chinese at 习近平:关于《中共中央关于全面深化改革若干重大问题的决定》的说明-高层动态-新华网

The SOE remains as the backbone, but it needs to be reformed.

But the private sector is also too large to be neglected, so he wants to make a balance between the SOE and the POE.

But he has never stated to weaken the SOE, but to make them more competitive.

Just see how they sell railway to consortiums under the name of boosting efficiency. Now, Cantonese have to pay extra 50% to take HSR and have very limited lines given their huge demand.

Yeah, they know it is impossible to sell those long transregional trunk railways, so they want to sell those short regional branch railways.

They want to grab as much as they can, so that's why the anti-graft operation is more critical than anything else.

The SOE remains as the backbone, but it needs to be reformed.

But the private sector is also too large to be neglected, so he wants to make a balance between the SOE and the POE.

But he has never stated to weaken the SOE, but to make them more competitive.

Have you studied actual Plenum data? I have. In fact I have contacts from Beijing University (academic staff) who are privy to the CPC. What is clear is Xi's agenda is focused on a growing privatization process -- expanding the private sector, all the while implementing stronger regulation bodies to oversea activities.

China, if you haven't noticed, has progressed from microeconomic management to macroeconomic management. There are more pressing matters that require the CPC's visage -- that includes organizational change policies, as well as the new praxis on independent judiciary that has already been heralded in recent months.

China, under Xi, is going to transform progressively. And I am in support of this.

SOE is also competitive,Haier, CSR/CNR, Baosteel, Huaneng..the list is endless They are not dragging Chinese economy down but a key innovative stimulus of economic reforms. Concerning private, they are of equal importance, but still, they should not get involved into sectors like railway and energy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom