What's new

How do we make PDF better?

Dear members,
I am highly disappointed to see that despite of my repetitive warnings and suggested solution, some posters(both tilted and promoted) are not following as told.At the end of the day, they whine around and blame entire moderation team which is highly disgraceful and disappointing.We have banned saveral posters due to trolling and we still hear the same complain.
I am member here since 8 years and for me, Pakistan Defence was institution where I learned analysis and report making by mere observation and acquiring information.All serious posts that was shared with me has taught me lots of things.I was highly supported by management.This not only helped me in real life scenarios but also give me an insight.For me, admin has taken some major decisions too and upon seeing my cooperation and willingness to volunteer; I was given several responsibilities.
I always addressed and tried to help all those members regardless of their nationalities that are having trouble to survive and to communicate with their peers over here and wondered that why they have trouble.The only reason I found was their very own unwillingness to cooperate.
If I began to do justice then technically seeing all negative points, some title holders should be demoted for their attitude and we have demoted many.Along with that, some non-title holders should also be demoted for provocative content they post.However, we also analyze plus points.For example, they bring quality writeups that is full of information for general public and assisting us in other tasks as well.I have counsel such title holders several times and have seriously warned them for not to bring trouble.However, when they cooperate, other party took benefit and ignored the provided solution and did not stick to the topic.When I counseled the latter, the former got provocative.We see all such things on daily basis and try to be open, tolerable and issue warnings which is automatic process and poster gets banned when limit of points is exceeded.
Discussion and debate are two different things.It is art to put forward your point and it can never be dominated by attacking any poster.Most of the time when I petrol any thread I found posters pretending to be all seeing god and pretend that they know everything.It is just a cycle of self worshiping and chest thumping that never ends and eventually destroys meaningful discussion.
Few days back, I browsed a thread where above professionals and some other posters had terrible debate.I encouraged posters there to volunteer and make a neutral summery so I can lower their BP and lock the thread.The reason for making meaningful, neutral summary was to bring both the parties in agreement and to close the discussion without further invitation of personal attacks, hence representing both views.However, my instruction was left unheard and thread discussion collapsed in the end.
For Chinese posters, I remember that a group of few Chinese members contacted us and described their concern over some growing problems in CDF.So, management once again decided to ease their discomfort to elect mods from their own ethnicity.Bravo, as after favoring so much, we are still blamed for the environment.If posters altogether are failed to develop healthy environment then how do you expect mods to do anything? Same goes for other members too.
Remember, that only contributing members of this forum can change the environment by transforming their one sided self worshiping and offensive argument into meaningful, neutral discussion.You will in this manner also be able to benefit your nation by accepting your weakness and understanding your strengths.However, if you will try to cover your weakness into vague manipulation and hype up your strength then you all are fooling yourselves.
regards

Last edited:
Dear members,
I am highly disappointed to see that despite of my repetitive warnings and suggested solution, some posters(both tilted and promoted) are not following as told.At the end of the day, they whine around and blame entire moderation team which is highly disgraceful and disappointing.We have banned saveral posters due to trolling and we still hear the same complain.
I am here member since 8 years and for me, Pakistan Defence was institution where I learned analysis and report making by mere observation and acquiring information.All serious posts that was shared with me taught me lot of things.I was highly supported by management.This not only helped me in real life scenarios but also gave me an insight.For me, admin has taken some major decisions too and upon seeing my cooperation and willingness to volunteer; I was given several responsibilities.
I always addressed and tried to help all those members regardless of their nationalities that are having trouble to survive and to communicate with their peers over here and wondered that why they have trouble.The only reason I found was their very own unwillingness to cooperate.
If I began to do justice then technically seeing all negative points, some title holders should be demoted for their attitude and we have demoted many.Along with that, some non-title holders should also be demoted for provocative content they post.However, we also analyze plus points.For example, they bring quality writeups that is full of information for general public and assisting us in other tasks as well.I have counsel such title holders several times and have seriously warned them for not to bring trouble.However, when they cooperate, other party took benefit and ignored the provided solution and did not stick to the topic.When I counseled the latter, the former got provocative.We see all such things on daily basis and try to be open, tolerable and issue warnings which is automatic process and poster gets banned when limit of points is exceeded.
Discussion and debate are two different things.It is art to put forward your point and it can never be dominated by attacking any poster.Most of the time when I petrol any thread I found posters pretending to be all seeing god and pretend that they know everything.It is just a cycle of self worshiping and chest thumping that never ends and eventually destroys meaningful discussion.
Few days back, I browsed a thread where above professionals and some other posters had terrible debate.I encouraged posters there to volunteer and make a neutral summery so I can lower their BP and lock the thread.The reason for making meaningful, neutral summary was to bring both the parties in agreement and to close the discussion without further invitation of personal attacks, hence representing both views.However, my instruction was left unheard and thread discussion collapsed in the end.
For Chinese posters, I remember that a group of few Chinese members contacted us and described their concern over some growing problems in CDF.So, management once again decided to ease their discomfort to elect mods from their own ethnicity.Bravo, as after favoring so much, we are still blamed for the environment.If posters altogether are failed to develop healthy environment then how do you expect mods to do anything? Same goes for other members too.
Remember, that only contributing members of this forum can change the environment by transforming their one sided self worshiping and offensive argument into meaningful, neutral discussion.You will in this manner also be able to benefit your nation by accepting your weakness and understanding your strengths.However, if you will try to cover your weakness into vague manipulation and hype up your strength then you all are fooling yourselves.
regards
Sir can you please ban afew false Flaggers?

Here is a shocker to many here who are soooooo obsessed with titles: I NEVER asked for ANY title.

So my advice to the admin staff is: GET RID OF THEM.

What purpose do they serve? They are nothing but another point of contention as we consistently see. And it looks like some are jealous of it.

But if you are going to keep them, how are you going to 'demote' someone who have military experience and contributes to the theme of this forum? Am not asking this to keep the 'Professional' tag for me. I have ALWAYS advocate the forum getting rid of these useless labels. How can you 'demote' someone of their military experience?

When the title of 'Senior Member' is attached to someone like this racist troll here...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/as-t...china-not-so-much.565875/page-4#post-10625688
Viet monkeys should stop sending their whores...
...Did not changed his behavior, what make you -- the admin staff -- think 'demoting' me and Gary or anyone is going to make a difference? If this Chinese troll does not care about his supposedly 'respected' title, why should you? This is a MILITARY oriented forum. So how does calling an ethnic group 'monkeys' and 'whores' contributes to the theme of this forum? This is not an isolated incident to this troll or to the Chinese group. It is a consistent behavior and an enjoyable one to that group, it seems.

Me and Gary pointing out some people for their inexperience in the military, and when they are wrong based upon their inexperience, is unacceptable and is worthy of 'demotion'. But notice the same people are silent in condemnation when pointed out the obvious odious behavior of those they support. Their silence is clear that they have no interests in any semblance of preserving 'quality' of this forum. They want to turn this forum into another anti-US echo chamber like the defunct 'Chinese Defense Forum'. That place was definitely 'quality', there. So 'quality' that it died an ignoble death.

Get rid of ALL titles. Get rid of the 'Thank', 'Upvote', and 'Rating' features. They are nothing but points of jealousy, abuse, and misuse. That racist post was considered 'useful' by two members. Real 'quality' there, eh?

Last edited:
@Karna_007 and @saltyashell go through their post history and you will know what they are
Do as your are told.Send
Here is a shocker to many here who are soooooo obsessed with titles: I NEVER asked for ANY title.

What purpose do they serve? They are nothing but another point of contention as we consistently see. And it looks like some are jealous of it.

But if you are going to keep them, how are you going to 'demote' someone who have military experience and contributes to the theme of this forum? Am not asking this to keep the 'Professional' tag for me. I have ALWAYS advocate the forum getting rid of these useless labels. How can you 'demote' someone of their military experience?

When the title of 'Senior Member' is attached to someone like this racist troll here...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/as-t...china-not-so-much.565875/page-4#post-10625688

...Did not changed his behavior, what make you -- the admin staff -- think 'demoting' me and Gary or anyone is going to make a difference? If this Chinese troll does not care about his supposedly 'respected' title, why should you? This is a MILITARY oriented forum. So how does calling an ethnic group 'monkeys' and 'whores' contributes to the theme of this forum? This is not an isolated incident to this troll or to the Chinese group. It is a consistent behavior and an enjoyable one to that group, it seems.

Me and Gary pointing out some people for their inexperience in the military, and when they are wrong based upon their inexperience, is unacceptable and is worthy of 'demotion'. But notice the same people are silent in condemnation when pointed out the obvious odious behavior of those they support. Their silence is clear that they have no interests in any semblance of preserving 'quality' of this forum. They want to turn this forum into another anti-US echo chamber like the defunct 'Chinese Defense Forum'. That place was definitely 'quality', there. So 'quality' that it died an ignoble death.

Get rid of ALL titles. Get rid of the 'Thank', 'Upvote', and 'Rating' features. They are nothing but points of jealousy, abuse, and misuse. That racist post was considered 'useful' by two members. Real 'quality' there, eh?
We have set laws for likes, positive and negative rating.I have made amendment over the "neutral" or "like" option already and according to that amendment, the poster will be warned upon the abusive post and so likes will be deleted by mod.I have a year ago made announcement and updated all mods in this regard.
There is no point of jealousy over ratings, this feature is introduced to encourage good quality post and to discourage abuse hurled towards any poster, country or ethicity.
Pakistan defence is neither anti-american nor anti-chinese.We support narrative and postive contribution from all nationalities.Insight about EU,US and other countries help members to learn about each other.American,Chinese and Indian posters are promoted as think tanks and professionals because we saw experience, talent, interest and useful information from open sources by title holders.
I will petrol the thread you posted tommorow and will check where abuses were hurled towards you and why?
I advice you and other good Chinese posters to balance environment by useful and informative contribution in that thread.I will investigate trolls and without considering any excuses will put forward the decision to ban them and will not see as of the troll poster is Chinese or American.
We have no personal hate towards any nation.We believe in international solidarity and union of all intellectual groups across the globe and of different disciplines.
Regards

Edit: Action is taken by me.
I am Chinese, did I post anything racist post like you said before in your post?

If you cannot give proof that I am posting racist post in this forum like you said, then you are insulting me as a Chinese ethnic member.

@Slav Defence that's why like I said before, giving this one a Professional title only dragging down this forum.

PDF mods also can see, this Professional title member Generalize all Chinese members in all his post, even it doesn't all true.
That's a Racist intended post ! please, consider this issue.
We all Chinese members in here hope PDF can become a better forum for many members.

And FYI before gambit slander Chinese members anymore.
Shotgunner and ahojunk as one of Chinese respected members leave this forum because they say those the so called professional members like gambit keep protected by PDF management even they are really not professional and getting busted many times by other Chinese members.

You can ask them, if you don't believe me.

and guys, after so many Contributions to this PDF forum.
this PROFESSIONAL members who being protected by PDF moderation tell you guys only Chinese whining babies and don't have any Contribution to this forum.

Would be Nice to hear you guys opinion regarding this as a daily contributors in CDF section
@lcloo @cirr @LKJ86
I know that not all Chinese posters are bad.Infact some posters are very good and full of promises.
Regards

@Karna_007 and @saltyashell go through their post history and you will know what they are
Strict action was taken.The poster is banned. :)
Good job!

Dear members,
I am member here since 8 years and for me, Pakistan Defence was institution where I learned analysis and report making by mere observation and acquiring information.All serious posts that was shared with me has taught me lots of things.I was highly supported by management.This not only helped me in real life scenarios but also give me an insight.For me, admin has taken some major decisions too and upon seeing my cooperation and willingness to volunteer; I was given several responsibilities.
regards

Not laying blame on you or your moderation team, the situation is worse than you thought.

To begin with, I am okay being ban, or you are free to do whatever to me had I step over the line, but just remember, you will need to do the same to everyone.

The problem started when they started targeting some individual, if you ask other member in other nationality (@Viet @Carlosa for Vietnamese, @Jackdaws et el from India, even Pakistani like @LeGenD) they were all under the insult from all these member, and it's not hard at all to see some thread in Chinese and Far East section infested with trolling and name calling, and even a particular race or nationality was not there to troll and to provide a neutral comment, the wrath of these poster would in turn insult them even the topic have nothing to do with the member in question.

While I do understand, having served in the Armed Force and in leadership position, you cannot please all parties in a group and try to please anyone in particular. Had my time when one of my sergeant said one of my LT is doing something stupid and one of the other sergeant told me no, it's the sergeant being an A-hole. I don't know, cause I weren't there. But when the hammer have to come down, I go down on both, that's is how you draw the line and exert your authority. If I see the LT is doing something stupid, I reprimand him, and if I see the Sergeant is being stupid, I reprimand him. That is the way you can maintain order.

As I said, and as you should know by now, I am not asking for special treatment and have you ban the Chinese, but if things go too far, and the moderation team did not act on it, it will only fan the situation.

Me personally, I don't believe in reporting anymore, as I told you in one of our last "frequent" private message that I come here to enjoy discussion, not to report post, and I decided to fend for myself, part of me see that nothing has change, so I don't think it's worth for me to report them, part of me don't want to trouble you guys anymore, however, if there is a new member come to the fray and see these people can literally call another person's mother a whore, and the moderation team do nothing? That would not be good for the forum in general, because while it take ages to build the reputation of a forum, to have knowledgeable member to contribute, but it only take 5 second to go to Chinese and Far East section and see how these people engage in mudslinging and name calling, that is what it takes to negate any hard work that might have put forward by me or any other poster that spend time writing their article and waited hardly to anticipate a meaningful discussion. That is the reason I stopped writing article and I publish my stuff somewhere else.

You know, I did spend days and week to write an article only to be turn around and someone saying my mum was a whore and was raped by GI (It did happen, the insult part, not the rape part), if you are me, what would you think? And let me tell you this, that aint the worse insult I have had

From my perspective, it does not change a thing since I have been harassed by selected member about 4 years ago, even yourself said many time before you are going to talk to those member, but how did that go? And you cannot just blindly acknowledge to one side of a party's demand here too, look at the forum section yourself, see what is actually going on, and then do something for it, but for me, I got insulted, then I leave the rating, then they report me for abusing my rating from their insult, and I lost my rating privileges , and the insult continue, what do you expect me to do? Sit there and take it?

And to be fair, from the thread you mentioned, I have not insult him after the first engagement, which I have either deleted it or reported it myself, yet did you see the insult stop? And what did you do with the poster? Nothing. @Davos step in, and he got insulted too, which he has done nothing wrong but leave the member negative rating for the insult and urge the mod to step in. If you are Davos, what would you think?

Last edited:
@Slav Defence I agree with many of your points. No one is Black or White.

But Honesty shall always be seen... Many Chinese Member are below the simple "Trolls" but "Masters of Insults ... There are Posts That I never saw from NO ONE on this Forum No ONE...being written by some of them...and yet... You can come back few days later and they are still around...... Active... AND their post...
And Moderation is not correctly done by that same "Chinese Mod"/ "Not Deino"... Always an external Mod is called to stop the insults... ALmost always...

I can understand Mods are not meant to be here H24, and neither they should be... But there is limit to how much They can thrive in this Forum without being banned... Warned etc...

Tbh, Many Good and respected Members, choose to not exchange anymore on the Chinese thread... Because of such events... What's the point of a Debate... if you are Called by every name and nothing is done?

We have this sentiment, that they are above others... We could be wrong... But On the Ground...We see no difference... Since day after day, those same guys are the one answering with utmost disdain... So either they get to enjoy few hours Bans or They don't get to have that 3 Warnings limit...

Anyway. Keep the Good Job.

Last edited:

The thing is, these people don't want to discuss with you, nope, what they want is to insult you, discussing with you is a waste of time, they come here to insult you because you don't have the same thought they have. And by insulting you, they try to demean you, and either you go to have a few round with them and get you ban, or you have lost your interest and leave the discussion.

Time and time again there are "debate" on member's nationality and who is white worshipper and what not, I mean, if that is any kind of meaningful discussion to be had after such word has already thrown around?

I have discussion with many people before I joined PDF, never have a single person said to me I am wrong because I have low IQ, and when he said so, it must be true lol...….I mean, trolling exist before PDF but I actually failed to find anywhere worse than it had here on PDF. Maybe I am asking too much for being too technical?

Dear members,
regards

I have a simple solution. Lock all accounts and unlock them only on passing a grammar test. I am not kidding . I have noticed not just here but on social media as well that trolls tend to be extremely bad at grammar. It's probably a reflection on their education or lack thereof. Most of these guys just vent out on various sites - just check the comment section of any Cricinfo post for example.

I have a simple solution. Lock all accounts and unlock them only on passing a grammar test. I am not kidding . I have noticed not just here but on social media as well that trolls tend to be extremely bad at grammar. It's probably a reflection on their education or lack thereof. Most of these guys just vent out on various sites - just check the comment section of any Cricinfo post for example.

An easier solution is to delete the Chinese and Far East section and transfer everything from that section in a new webpage (Call it PDF Chinese or whatever) and let them had all the fun over there.

An easier solution is to delete the Chinese and Far East section and transfer everything from that section in a new webpage (Call it PDF Chinese or whatever) and let them had all the fun over there.
They tried. The place was called 'Chinese Defense Forum' and it was touted as THE place for all things Chinese military. It was nothing more than an echo chamber for Chinese racism first and things Chinese military second. The place died an ignoble death.

They tried. The place was called 'Chinese Defense Forum' and it was touted as THE place for all things Chinese military. It was nothing more than an echo chamber for Chinese racism first and things Chinese military second. The place died an ignoble death.

that figured, if that place is "SUCH" an immense success, why would these people come here in the first place lol.

that figured, if that place is "SUCH" an immense success, why would these people come here in the first place lol.
Because you cannot learn in an echo chamber. This is a military themed forum. All they know how is post pictures and numbers. Devoid of understanding even in the theoretical realm, let alone in the real world and in combat. You and I know what it is like to update our wills before deployment. They do not. You and I know what it is like to gear up and knowing that we could be maimed or even killed in training, let alone in combat. They do not. You and I know what it is like to make a public oath that essentially wrote our lives away to a higher cause for X duration of our lives. They do not.

The Chinese members here do not know anything about the theme of this forum.

The few American veterans on this forum, current and gone, provides information about many aspects of military life that -- really -- no one else on this forum can. It is not quantifiable on how we filter out so much noise and misinformation but the effects are often immediate in terms of 'a-ha' moments for those who debate rationally. But what else the Chinese want is submission to what they claim as Chinese supremacy in everything, from military to cultural to even racial issues. And when we refuse to submit, they get angry. That goes for their supporters as well. It really is juvenile.

Dear members,
regards

I personally praise your Obectivity sir @Slav Defence

But the point of this problem is The So-Called Professional member in here, e.g gambit.
In most of his post, he always using word "Chinese Member" "PDF Chinese Battalion" and others instead using ID NAME of the poster that he has problem with it.

It's okay if he is only an ordinary member, but PDF give him PROFESSIONAL Status and let him hold that until this day. Then it's become Ridiculous, because what he did, insulting Chinese Member Ethnicity in most of his posts is really UN-PROFESSIONAL.

If he keep using generalize word like PDF Chinese Battalion/Chinese Members, others Chinese members who firstly don't bother him will feel they also get Insulted by those Gambit's post. and then will try to attack back with insulting his ethnicity.

and not only that
But Trolling and Insulting Chinese member with saying Chinese members in here don't have any CONTRIBUTIONS to PDF at all, is also really UN-PROFESSIONAL.

Would be nice to hear some opinion from Chinese Ethnic members contributors in PDF
@TaiShang @Kai Liu @AndrewJin

That's a tit for tat case.

I believe with your objectivity.
If you want to solve this problem in PDF, you cannot only clean 'The Smoke' but let 'The Fire' keep going on, trolling and insulting Chinese Member Ethnicity in here.

You need to Clean the smoke and the fire also to really solve this issue, Best Regards from me.

I hope PDF Management can Re-consider his title as PROFESSIONAL to solve this issue properly.

Best Regards for PDF.

Daniel8080

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom