What's new

How do we make PDF better?

Encourage TTs and Professionals to write research papers, get them published in Journals too if they are good.
I would love to see PDF going on the lines of FAS :)

Hi,

That opportunity was missed by the webmaster a long time ago due to his lack of knowledge and a very poor quality TT chairperson.

The management was dominated by worthless TT's, super mods and admins except a couple of them.

This board failed Pakistan when Pakistan needed it the most in 2006 to 2010----. I would blame this failure on the webmaster's team----these guys had no vision at all.

This board---if properly used would have had sent such a powerful message in favor of Pakistan to the world---but this board let its motherland down---what a shame.

Encourage TTs and Professionals to write research papers, get them published in Journals too if they are good.
I would love to see PDF going on the lines of FAS :)
To write an well researched article demands extensive labour, time and patience especially for those who are normally busy in their service or businesses. But still I support this idea.

Someone has mentioned about judging the quality of the posts through the brownie points and positive ratings etc.

Brownie points are no indication of the quality of the post (or the poster for that matter) rather the favorable viewer-ship available at one particular time point, and happened to read that particular post and liked it (or not). Same goes for the positive and negative ratings. It is also absurd that brownie points and positive ratings are an indicator of poster's 'learning'. I think it is not about 'learning' but about 'converting' for most of us here are not in business of learning from each others but in getting others agreed with our opinion/point-of-view/beliefs etc. If today I decide to go along with the tide, irrespective of the quality of my posts, I'll score brownie points. Does this mean I am learning? or does this mean I am massaging someone's ego? We have a 'my way or highway' attitude' and therefore brownie points/positive rating cant be used as a surrogate marker of quality of post or the poster.

Last edited:
We are preparing to make an upgrade for 2015, so this is your thread to post your ideas and fantasies that can make PDF better. Soon this community will be a decade old so we must keep up with the demands and new age.

Shoot it out here.

Any suggestions regarding the management improvements (i.e. related to moderation) can be posted in the GHQ section.

thanks.

1.Improve your pdf app.
2. Do something about the flag issue.As in the location flags should appear according to the IPs .
3. Some of your sticky threads 're very old and not updated.Please ask the mods to unstick 'em.
4. Ignore function: when i put someone on my ignore list then neither do I want to read his or her posts nor do I want that person to read my posts,in short I want to hide my posts from that person.I dont want that person quoting me/mentioning me or posting on my threads.Is that possible ahsan? It should work both ways,should it not?
5.How do I lock my profile completely??
As in I dont want somebody digging up my posts from my past.
Right now the options are "members only" and "ppl who follow you only".
Cant "only to me" be added to the list???
6. Many members here have more than one account,why dont such members get tracked down and banned?
7.There's an error message that i get repeatedly on your site (error 503: server busy).Why so?

I liked the transformation mods have gone through in past 5-6months.Some mods are really prompt.
Anddd will we get an Indian mod anytime soon? Just curious

Last edited:
1.Improve your pdf app.
2. Do something about the flag issue.As in the location flags should appear according to the IPs .
3. Some of your sticky threads 're very old and not updated.Please ask the mods to unstick 'em.
4. Ignore function: when i put someone on my ignore list then neither do I want to read his or her posts nor do I to see that person's posts,in short I want to hide my posts from that person.I dont want that person quoting me/mentioning me or posting on my threads.Is that possible ahsan? It should work both ways,should it not?
6. Many members here have more than one account,why dont such members get tracked down and banned?
7.There's an error message that i get repeatedly on your site (error 503: server busy).Why so?

I think from past 5-6months i liked the transformation mods have gone through.Some mods are really prompt.

Item no. 6 is practically impossible if the member is smart. With incognito windows and free proxies/vpn services, its very easy to hide yourself on the net. We need to live with that.

Item no. 6 is practically impossible if the member is smart. With incognito windows and free proxies/vpn services, its very easy to hide yourself on the net. We need to live with that.
I know somebody who gets banned repeatedly but returns as soon as he/she gets banned.
@Manvantratruti/ @Sahasranama / @kalanirnay
Admin I cant drop more hints :P

I know somebody who gets banned repeatedly but returns as soon as he/she gets banned.
@Manvantratruti/ @Sahasranama / @kalanirnay
Admin I cant drop more hints :P
He is omnipotent. He shall return regardless. He does not troll much though - only irritates all of us. Largely because we find it hard to refute him with logic. And then is his superiority complex. :D

He is omnipotent. He shall return regardless. He does not troll much though - only irritates all of us. Largely because we find it hard to refute him with logic. And then is his superiority complex. :D
Being supercilious is the birth right of every troll!!! :D

@NairLand @pssnmt few clues.....But he has become very predictable these days... All you need to do is to look at his conversation partners.....
One look at his username is enough for me.
i mean who creates names like adwityagrata/manvantratruti /sahasranama /kalanirnay ???
Waise i doubt his conversation partners are also his own creations.:P

Being supercilious is the birth right of every troll!!! :D

One look at his username is enough for me.
i mean who creates names like adwityagrata/manvantratruti /sahasranama /kalanirnay ???
Waise i doubt his conversation partners are also his own creations.:P
I am sure his partners are also his own creations. But then is 'he' a php script working as a bot in the backend? :devil:

1.Improve your pdf app.
4. Ignore function: when i put someone on my ignore list then neither do I want to read his or her posts nor do I want that person to read my posts,in short I want to hide my posts from that person.I dont want that person quoting me/mentioning me or posting on my threads.Is that possible ahsan? It should work both ways,should it not?

I liked the transformation mods have gone through in past 5-6months.Some mods are really prompt.

@SarthakGanguly @Indischer @Ayush - Yeh Levina Apa kiya drameiii baazi shuru kar deitiii haiii ? :unsure:

Nakhreii zaraa deekhoo innn keh ! :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom