What's new

How do we make PDF better?

I have a thought that you should include some minimum word restriction for any specific threads..For example, if there is some kind serious topic or thread is going on then policy should be framed where some one should not just post one liner kind of thing...And these one liner post always distracts a serious thread...So if you can create such kind of minimum word for specific thread, it will increase the quality of the post...

The Gallery Section definitely needs improvement. It is very difficult and time consuming to browse through photos. If the thumbnails are posted in the same format that facebook has, it would be much better and you can fit more photo thumbnails on one page. And also, no need to have details of the photo in the list. The details can be shown when the person clicks onto the photo. Also, when you click the photo it is highly inconvenient to goto a new page to view the full size. Why not expand the photo on the same page (using flash?) and then shrink it when the person wants to view another one by simply clicking on the expanded picture to make it shrink back to thumbnail size. It is a major drawback to the gallery so please take notice.

The Gallery Section definitely needs improvement. It is very difficult and time consuming to browse through photos. If the thumbnails are posted in the same format that facebook has, it would be much better and you can fit more photo thumbnails on one page. And also, no need to have details of the photo in the list. The details can be shown when the person clicks onto the photo. Also, when you click the photo it is highly inconvenient to goto a new page to view the full size. Why not expand the photo on the same page (using flash?) and then shrink it when the person wants to view another one by simply clicking on the expanded picture to make it shrink back to thumbnail size. It is a major drawback to the gallery so please take notice.
^This. It should not be hard to implement with js

@WebMaster,

Brother, PDF randomly switches from desktop mode to mobile mode when I use it on the phone. Can you please add a clickable function somewhere on the upgraded version which allows the user to choose from mobile version to desktop version.

Also, thanks for providing this high quality Pakistani forum.

@WebMaster,

Brother, PDF randomly switches from desktop mode to mobile mode when I use it on the phone. Can you please add a clickable function somewhere on the upgraded version which allows the user to choose from mobile version to desktop version.

Also, thanks for providing this high quality Pakistani forum.
Why don't you use the mobile app?
Defence.pk - Android Apps on Google Play

1). A certain number of "thanks" ratings will be converted to a positive rating, to give common users a way to reward insightful comments.

2). Replacement of the negative rating with an infraction demarcation (technically, the criteria are the same, correct?), perhaps with a TTA's infraction worth half the value of a moderator's.

3). A function to upload images (perhaps PDF can just have a front-end function that seamlessly integrates with one of the popular image-hosting sites) so we can cut-down on hot-linking.

4). Annual "elections" for users from each country to select their own MVP member, equivalent to a TTA (i.e. a popularly-elected TTA)

5). A full list of all TTAs, and if possible, their specialties, or the reason why they were elevated.

6). Clickable positive and negative ratings, so users can browse the past insightful comments (or unworthy comments) of other users.

Are openly racist usernames like TeesraIndiotHunter allowed? Indiot= offensive term for Indians much like kike.

I have downloaded the PDF App for the iPhone. I don't find it user friendly. There's no option for 'New Posts' which I use most of the time on the website but instead it has the 'Unread Posts' option which can be quite annoying as it lists numerous posts from the same thread which I may not wish to participate in.

Last edited:
By putting a permanent ban on starting threads regarding peoples racial backgrounds and warning anyone indulging in illogical arguments and making personal attacks on other members regarding their caste,creed,color,dik size's and especially all those trash regarding who are the real inheritors of IVC .And yes by preventing false flagging by taking preemptive measures like asking legitimate questions for which a false flagger wouldn't be able to come up with any satisfactory answers.

Sir, the owner(s) and the management set the goals, not participants like me. You must have the vision and then we can all work together to suggest how it might be achieved, given the quality of the members that we have, not what we wish we had. :D

We already know what we wanna do. This thread is to think outside the box. It doesnt seem like you have anything to add

We want to talk to ISPR to fund this to promote Pakistan Army/Military

Stop visiting shaadi.com then

Dude, i improved my English through this forum. No lie.

If you just read posts of @Oscar @AgNoStiC MuSliM @V.Cheng and some American posters it will get better no doubt.

I also suggest putting @Imran Khan and @GURU DUTT on ignore list.
hum ghareeboon ne kisi ka kya bigara hai janab ?
42793_original.png

We already know what we wanna do. This thread is to think outside the box. It doesnt seem like you have anything to add

If you already know what you want to do, then please share it with us. Asking us to give opinions while being blinded to what you actually want to do is not exactly fair. I may have much to add, but it needs to be added after knowing what your vision is for PDF. If you have forgotten, I have indeed aided PDF in the past, quite selflessly and without any expectations.

Back
Top Bottom