What's new

How do we make PDF better?

1) Indian mod
2) Indian smiley flag
3) Vote to ban people
4) Change name to "World Defence Forum" to properly reflect the multinational makeup of this site.

hum ghareeboon ne kisi ka kya bigara hai janab ?
42793_original.png

aap ko tu yaad hi rakha hai, jabhi to mention kia. :D

aap ko tu yaad hi rakha hai, jabhi to mention kia. :D
Imran Khan real life main bara serious banda hai... Met him in Saudi Arabia... so busy... calls all the time.. poora duniya daar

Bas PDF pe he changes and sometimes can be aggressive/violent.

If you already know what you want to do, then please share it with us. Asking us to give opinions while being blinded to what you actually want to do is not exactly fair. I may have much to add, but it needs to be added after knowing what your vision is for PDF. If you have forgotten, I have indeed aided PDF in the past, quite selflessly and without any expectations.

Few things to focus on is to enable think tanks and members to make article submissions.
Full fledged Pakistan Military database

Ambitious but lots of hard work can do this.

Your contribution to PDF has always been two faced, i am not going to add anything further and you know what i am talking about.

Few things to focus on is to enable think tanks and members to make article submissions.

Your contribution to PDF has always been two faced, i am not going to add anything further and you know what i am talking about.

Two-faced? Actually, Sir, I do NOT know what made you say that. Please reply to the PM. Thanks.

1. Automatic share of articles on FB & Twitter, if they receive certain # of likes and / or positive ratings.

2. When seeing a section, Positive ratings received by OP should be displayed along with thanks as an indication of the quality.

3. A performance based automatic ranking that takes into account a minimum (1000?) # of posts and calculate ratios of thanks/total posts, positive ratings/total posts & negative ratings/total posts (since introduction of ratings), warnings/total posts. These ratios can be evaluated automatically and an overall quality rating can be assigned. We can call it Quality rating. This could be a further incentive for improving post quality.

This also gives an interesting idea for changes in poster behavior over time, and could be basis for an interesting research project - but I am getting ahead of myself here.

4. Some people tend to spend more time in certain sections because of interest or expertise. Can there be some way of recognizing and acknowledging this in specific sections?

(1) Change the picture icons on the main forum against each category, pretty old now.

(2) Change the header photo too.

(3) If possible try a new green combination scheme.

(3) Switch back on the 'guests' view numbers on the right hand column.

(4) The overall length of the forum top to down is pretty long...reduce the space between each main categories.

Webby,

Most of your TT's are no help----no participation at all.

Members must have some basic information on their profile page visible to all about themselves---.

It is good to know that you have improved your English from this board---that would also mean that you may also not understand a lot of stuff that is being written.

There re too many senior members being banned----there are too many thread bans for small issues.

How many Pakistani mods and admins are permanent foreign residents?

Encourage TTs and Professionals to write research papers, get them published in Journals too if they are good.
I would love to see PDF going on the lines of FAS :)

Back
Top Bottom