What's new

How do we make PDF better?

One more option, please; if the Seniors' Club were to be tightened even further, there are a LARGE number of Indian members of a moderate, non-bhakt way of thinking who would like to return, now that the saffron bhakts are more or less a sullen beaten lot with a very few specimens still running around. If the Seniors' Club were tightened to ward off green bhakts, or red bhakts, there could be a very engaging discussion group.

@SoulSpokesman

If this idea is implemented by the Webmaster, we might have a much enlarged version of insaniyat right here. Perhaps not so high a bar - reproducing Civvie or Naveed is very, very difficult, as is Hayyer Sahib or Gorki, OR Ayush, for that matter - but if you see my white lists, very close to that.

you do realise you are hugely outnumbered by the very people you seek to ban from this forum?
they have a voice and freedom to express as they please.
what seems to be so difficult about it to accept?

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Sorry... I realise I am part of the problem...:whistle:

You couldn't be more wrong. You'd be an automatic invitee.

0-19 and no changes needed?

112c(1).gif

?

you do realise you are hugely outnumbered by the very people you seek to ban from this forum?

NO! A big fat NO without hesitation on that bold part.
Express themselves yes and as Voltaire, I'd defend the
right to do so with my life.
But if you try AS YOU PLEASE In Real Life with this guy,
you'll discover he's got less patience than you thought.

Sorry... I realise I am part of the problem...:whistle:

You & I and us all really but you made the first step out it, my good man!

Fingers crossed, Tay.

Last edited:

Bigotry. Hatred. Lack of tolerance of a minority. Lack of tolerance of individuals. Between nationals of different nations, the use of hate-filled appellations that demean those not of one's own nation. Plain old abuse.

There is the obvious contradiction that is represented by suppressing the voice of some who wish to suppress the voices of others in order to strengthen the rights of those others to be heard, and to express their views freely. I believe that we have to do that to avoid swamping the voices of moderation and tolerance of multiple points of view under a tidal wave of those not interested in such restraints.

Fingers crossed, Tay.

Gosh, I wanted to say it, but felt embarrassed!

Fingers crossed, Tay.

And you, Tay; automatic.

Bigotry. Hatred. Lack of tolerance of a minority. Lack of tolerance of individuals. Between nationals of different nations, the use of hate-filled appellations that demean those not of one's own nation. Plain old abuse.

There is the obvious contradiction that is represented by suppressing the voice of some who wish to suppress the voices of others in order to strengthen the rights of those others to be heard, and to express their views freely. I believe that we have to do that to avoid swamping the voices of moderation and tolerance of multiple points of view under a tidal wave of those not interested in such restraints.

you have a whole country to practice what you preach but you want to do that on a Pakistani forum. The irony here represents what you are about to face in India.

They come here with a voice and we answer them accordingly. To have them not here would mean denial of their freedom of expression. We cannot force them out since that would mean isolation for them and give them another excuse that Pakistanis are not letting them speak out of fear or insecurity.

It takes a wise man to know when the game is over but even a braver to accept that reality. You have hardly anything to say about them and that is just tragic. Funny but tragic.

you have a whole country to practice what you preach but you want to do that on a Pakistani forum. The irony here represents what you are about to face in India.

They come here with a voice and we answer them accordingly. To have them not here would mean denial of their freedom of expression. We cannot force them out since that would mean isolation for them and give them another excuse that Pakistanis are not letting them speak out of fear or insecurity.

It takes a wise man to know when the game is over but even a braver to accept that reality. You have hardly anything to say about them and that is just tragic. Funny but tragic.

Your opinion, which you are perfectly free to express. That's what it's all about, isn't it? As for the content of your post, it's been answered so many times before, by so many, that composing one more for it now, today, is merely to massage your ego.

Your opinion, which you are perfectly free to express. That's what it's all about, isn't it? As for the content of your post, it's been answered so many times before, by so many, that composing one more for it now, today, is merely to massage your ego.

Enjoy

We cannot force them out since that would mean isolation for them

TBH, it would mean isolation for us too. That's what
makes America so difficult to get that they live in a
sort of splendid isolation and have but that 1 viewpoint.

Pakistan as all nations benefits from sincere exchanges.

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

Thank you.

Look man i admire your courage and your steadfastness and your utter belief that somehow India will pull through.

But these are not some Tora Bora hiding or disconnected tribals we are talking about. We are talking about a major chunk of your population. Had this been in any other country it would have said Terrorism and be done with it.

But since terrorism is just an islamic monopoly, you do not even have that luxury.

these people will go to votes. they are your future. they are indias future.

how long do you think the 10 percent ruling elite secular in governance can ignore them. they have to give in for the sake of power.

TBH, it would mean isolation for us too. That's what
makes America so difficult to get that they live in a
sort of splendid isolation and have but that 1 viewpoint.

Pakistan as all nations benefits from sincere exchanges.

All the best to you and yours, Tay.

sure buddy...

but sincere exchanges have a time and a place.

neither is right now the time nor the place.

Excellent humour there, mate! +1 :yahoo:

I just love sarcasm, Tay.

P.S.

Why?

dude i will personally talk peace and take the initiative once a couple of people get hanged for their part in spreading terrorism in Pakistan.

I personally value peace with India more than horseplay.

You couldn't be more wrong. You'd be an automatic invitee.

Look forward to the invite. As long as it doesn't involve any weird cult orgies.

On topic: It is nearly impossible to control human emotions given the anonymity that the internet provides without delving in to censorship. So what I think we should do is actually reward people for being respectful and thoughtful, while adding substance to the topic at hand.

For example, a person who goes through without breaking any of the ground rules from the first time they join till 6 months or so, gets a "medal" of some sorts underneath their rank to show that they were following rules etc. I know I am probably taking it too far, but instead of trying to limit negativity, how about we reward positive involvement? The medals will even fit as it is a "defense" forum!

(Yes, I know there is a danger that this forum may become slightly childish with this but we should be trying to award contributors who follow forum rules. I don't know, I am just trying to seem helpful after posting a stupid post.)

Look forward to the invite. As long as it doesn't involve any weird cult orgies.

On topic: It is nearly impossible to control human emotions given the anonymity that the internet provides without delving in to censorship. So what I think we should do is actually reward people for being respectful and thoughtful, while adding substance to the topic at hand.

For example, a person who goes through without breaking any of the ground rules from the first time they join till 6 months or so, gets a "medal" of some sorts underneath their rank to show that they were following rules etc. I know I am probably taking it too far, but instead of trying to limit negativity, how about we reward positive involvement? The medals will even fit as it is a "defense" forum!

(Yes, I know there is a danger that this forum may become slightly childish with this but we should be trying to award contributors who follow forum rules. I don't know, I am just trying to seem helpful after posting a stupid post.)

All this depends on the Webmaster having read these and considered some of these suggestions worth taking up. Let's hope he does.

The issues arise when those adjudicating what is good and bad behaviors become part of the problem and not the solution. PDF history shows that to be the case time and again such solutions have been proposed.

Back
Top Bottom