What's new

How do we make PDF better?

First of all @Dash & others, this thread is designated for suggestions or ideas for betterment of the Forum so I would prefer to keep it the same way. Furthermore, in-case of having any issue w.r.t. any member, fraction or title holder, GHQ is the place where we can solve such matter peacefully and without mudslinging. The fact is, if I have a right place to report as such, would avoid an open discussion if my intentions are not based upon personal vendetta/biased so, lets discuss the same in GHQ section.

Regards,

I really don’t think the problem changes if it’s addressed in another way. Since you know and privy to the context you can solve it here.

Going to another room and talking about the same thing mere phitrat mein nahin hei.

How fittingly strange!
A moderator correctly answers a query
on a thread about making our forums better.
Follows two three pages of cries and rants on
the size of some particular organs and what not.

And the ratings are not good?
*SIGH* See ya on a mil thread, Tay.

Ok bud

I’m a little late coz I saw your post just now after a long day after work and that too I’m going to Bali tomorrow.

Last edited:
Ummm... may be you guys should consider inviting some authors and reporters to the forum, who write frequently on defence and national security.

@WebMaster

Here is suggestion that is, if one can have functionality of sharing a Permalink on social media. To make it simpler if someone clicks on the such link outside PDF the focus automatically goes to that participle Permalink.

Remove the ganga wirus..!
-
Wirus.jpg

I think PDF is losing its edginess and utility due to restrictions on content.

Currently it is forbidden to discuss failures of the Pakistani military or the direct connections between Pakistan's religious extremists and terrorism. When no one is allowed to point out the emperor's lack of clothes then that emperor remains naked in the sights of his enemies. It is not a healthy or useful situation.

Currently it is forbidden to discuss failures of the Pakistani military or the direct connections between Pakistan's religious extremists and terrorism. When no one is allowed to point out the emperor's lack of clothes then that emperor remains naked in the sights of his enemies. It is not a healthy or useful situation.

Officially, there are no failures of the Pakistan military. None whatsoever. Hence any such discussions are to be regarded as fabrications, and we all should know and respect the fact that lies are not allowed. Any true stories about their many many successes, are of course welcome. What could be more useful?

Here is suggestion that is, if one can have functionality of sharing a Permalink on social media. To make it simpler if someone clicks on the such link outside PDF the focus automatically goes to that participle Permalink.

Permalink is enabled, you can click on those post numbers on top right of each post.

You can discuss edgy topics in seniors cafe. I wish members can discuss things without trolling.

Let us deactivate or delete our accounts. Seriously, it's one of the reasons why some people I know won't make an account.

Let us deactivate or delete our accounts. Seriously, it's one of the reasons why some people I know won't make an account.
What? What are you sugesting? People do not make account here because WE have not deleted our accounts

OR

Are you saying that we should include the option of deleting/deactivating our account so that members who wish to leave can do so? You saying this is why many do not register in the first place?

What? What are you sugesting? People do not make account here because WE have not deleted our accounts

OR

Are you saying that we should include the option of deleting/deactivating our account so that members who wish to leave can do so? You saying this is why many do not register in the first place?

Obviously the second.

However that option can not be granted for 2 reasons:
1- It will result in loss of content for the forum.
2- Deleted post and user will create discontinuity of a discussion for readers. Will look like an individual talking to himself if the other one debating delete his account and posts.

@WebMaster

I'm assuming the reason a lot of members dont bother REPORTING posts here is because they fear the whip will be cracked on them for reporting.

Let me give you an example, last night i was tagged on @jhungary 's thread (interactive battle report) .On the thread I saw some members derailing the thread and reported it. Logged in to the forum in the morning to realise that i have ended up with a warning for off-topic on the thread.
Reminds me of how ppl in India had stopped helping road accident victims because almost always Police harassed those who reported the accident first.

@Horus @Slav Defence @waz @WAJsal @The Eagle

Oh! Did i tell you ? Once i had received a WARNING by this same mod in MEMBERS CLUB for posting "off-topic"
There's moderation and then there's OVER-moderation.
Discussions are stiffled when mods switch to the latter mode.

Ciao

IMG_2939.jpg

OR

B.

Basically, if people don't have an option, they'd rather just not make the account, at least the ones I know. Honestly, it's the same in my case as well. I really wish I had the option of deactivating my account, if I wanted it.

I really wish I had the option of deactivating my account, if I wanted it.

I understand that point of view as I have such
inactive accounts by choice that still exist there.
Sometimes, they'll wake up and send a mail ... ( that goes directly to the junk folder after marking them once? )

You understand too, I' sure the nearly technical
reason for forums doing this, which o0o gave us,
which is that old threads would lose the posts of
deleted accounts and end up unreadable. It's the
price of permanence of what is happening in PDF.

When I was younger-on-Internet, it used to bother
me too not being able to sever the link entirely but
after a while I mellowed to the idea that as I had
joined & left those fora of my very own will and was
not ashamed of my presence there in any way, maybe
the whole thing was more akin to an old flame, friend
or boss calling back after viewing mementos of your
time together because ... let's face it,
they haven't had much better since?

That's the way that that time machine of exchanges
that connectivity brought us works and stays alive
almost a survival mechanism as is natural selection.

Besides, if people and electrons are actively trying to
preserve those times when I was right before the rest
and proved it ( the majority of my work, oeuf corse :wave: * ) ,
the only risk is to my sense of humility and what's left
of it won't be affected by it than my body by neutrinos?

So 2 conclusions here :
_ I'm a weird chap with a funky freaky sense of humour ;

_ We should learn to treat our web presence as permanent
and impress upon it the same dignity that I assume we
all do in our daily real lives which will avoid E-remorses.

Not much help for the trolls, flamers, haters and idiots, I know!
Hey, we're all limited in the way we can make the world better.
It's like that!

And remember, if Internet is disappointing, there's always the
outside with real folks?

Have the greatest of days there all, Tay.

* Ha! Let's be realistic over humble here, the very very -à la Trump-
near entirety of my work. In fact, I'll contend that by rarity as well
as by contrast, my errors are just about historical in magnitude . . .
so that's lets face it, I'm always on top?

:ashamed:

Last edited:
I'm assuming the reason a lot of members dont bother REPORTING posts here is because they fear the whip will be cracked on them for reporting.

W.r.t. tag, I would say that as you have assumed so not necessarily to be right in the end too. Secondly, to discuss any warning, you are an old member, will be aware of GHQ section too so you are welcome. I do not find any warning issued to you in members club or it is the same assumption too but in the end, no offense. Oh... I see that a message after deletion of post but not a warning.

Thirdly, this is not the reason that most members does not report as such but being on the same track, majority thinks that can walk away with that or the one in return does so because of the first person, is justified which is totally wrong. I wouldn't advise anyone to quote back such etc trolls and warn them which ultimately provokes the habitual one (not calling second person as habitual that I mostly found acting with innocence) and causing further derailing hence, always insisted to report without engaging back and move-on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom