What's new

How do we make PDF better?

Extreme moderation is one hand. There needs to be a TOTAL ditch to the non admin titles. Only people deserving of titles will be the Think tanks in terms of posting quality. Even the moderation team can lose colors and act plainclothes(which will make many miserable and be much more vary not knowing who the moderators are and are not).
You sir, are a Senior Mod, whats stopping you to implement those changes???

Kindly don't let people post anything about Pakistani, Bangladeshi or any other famous models or actresses.. This is a Defense Forum not Facebook or Instagram.

We are preparing to make an upgrade for 2015, so this is your thread to post your ideas and fantasies that can make PDF better. Soon this community will be a decade old so we must keep up with the demands and new age.

Shoot it out here.

Any suggestions .

1)I would like to see a filter. where I can see the posts of only senior members and above.. to avoid useless trolls...
2)Most important and usefull posts could be tagged so I can only filter those posts where some thing new has been revealed.. (e.g I need to know all the thing there are known to civilians about JFT but dont have the time to read six threads with thousands of posts.) and avoid posts about how tejas is better.
3)filters with locations (eg I would like to read the views of only turks&russian on downed su-24 event.)
4) will be requested later.

Extreme moderation is one hand. There needs to be a TOTAL ditch to the non admin titles. Only people deserving of titles will be the Think tanks in terms of posting quality. Even the moderation team can lose colors and act plainclothes(which will make many miserable and be much more vary not knowing who the moderators are and are not).
How will making mods go undercover help? Most mods appear offline anyway. Even if you do receive a infraction/ban won't that give away the mods identity to the person being put in the naughty corner?

If one day I become a mod there would be silence on the boards and no violation
yup we will all have to hide in patli gully

Last edited:
I have a few forums that ended up with same problem, and frankly speaking there is no simple fix. And I agree the "policing" needs to be enforced according to set rules of the forum, with least level of compromise. Otherwise its just a mess.

I tried to participate in a few threads but all I was told that I am a "kid" and a "fool" trying to encourage constructive conversation rather than "my point is better than yours" attitude, and whole thread was based on what a their opinion rather than actual topic.

@WebMaster @Slav Defence @Manticore @waz @Irfan Baloch

I have been complaining about this forever now, that I am not getting all the notifications, especially when somebody tags me.
Heck! I do not even get a notification when somebody gives me +ve rating.

I am assuming one of you has a solution to this.

FYI- @Horus i know you're busy, but still.....

I have been complaining about this forever now, that I am not getting all the notifications, especially when somebody tags me.

FYI- @Horus i know you're busy, but still. :)

I think the first 5 gets the tag, rest of the members doesn't get it...... It is not a bug, it is designed that way :)

I think the first 5 gets the tag, rest of the members doesn't get it...... It is not a bug, it is designed that way :)
There's a trick...ahem!!!
Supposing you've tagged 5 ppl in your first post. Now to tag more you must use the "post reply" box again.
System merges the 2nd post with the first one, and also those tagged in the 2nd post get notification.
Alas! Not many on the forum do this. :(

Last edited:
Frankly I do not understand why Webby has limited the numbers of tags per post? If not anything, the number of tags increases the traffic to each thread. True, 5 is upper limit set by the admin.

There were few who used to flood others with tags.... Like 30 to 40 tags.....

There were few who used to flood others with tags.... Like 30 to 40 tags.....
Yes I remember.
Then the max tag can be limited to 10.

But @nair I do not even get a notification when someone gives me a +ve rating. Lolzzz

FYI- @Horus i know you're busy, but still.....
It is a little more than 5, i guess 10 or a little more. I convinced Webmaster to enable more tags. You don't receive alerts for more than a number of 'thanks', same case applies for Positive ratings.

1)I would like to see a filter. where I can see the posts of only senior members and above.. to avoid useless trolls...
2)Most important and usefull posts could be tagged so I can only filter those posts where some thing new has been revealed.. (e.g I need to know all the thing there are known to civilians about JFT but dont have the time to read six threads with thousands of posts.) and avoid posts about how tejas is better.
3)filters with locations (eg I would like to read the views of only turks&russian on downed su-24 event.)
4) will be requested later.

Taking this along a step, I would like to see the posts of those with a thousand posts or more. Most of the trolling, or, worse, the sheer garbage, is a contribution of newbies with no points to make and lesser sense. Not that all newbies are the same, of course. This will also filter out the Sangh Parivar and their multiple fake ids.

Back
Top Bottom