What's new

How do we make PDF better?

Yeh, I rarely if never agreed with him but boy on the Indian front me and him were "comrades".
:-[
sighs i know . actually there is a very very apparent loss of a knowledgable person. we guys dont even know much history but he was good at catching indian lies. and then again his history knowledge was too good.
u know he was amongst only two three tta's who used to fairly speak for kashmir, actually not kashmir but kashmiris-for humans as if they are ppl of his community, he stood out amongst some soulless insentive pakistanis who cant differentiate between balochistan and kashmir issue and call kashmir problem a pure economics issue. Yikes.
. magar ab kya ho sakta hai. lets leave it here.

Yeh, I rarely if never agreed with him but boy on the Indian front me and him were "comrades".

Differences of views and opinions are what make for the best debates and discussions, if carried out with decorum. For all my differences with @syedali73 , I would agree with you that his departure is a loss to this forum. He should be encouraged to rejoin.

@WebMaster don't know whether you are coder to understand certain terms related to web design or not or get your job done with the other Programmer anyway my recommendations are :-

Website design related :-

1. Utilize unused free spaces of sides of the the page view.
2. In the post section, make Avtar size smaller, so that for short comment the content don't take much space and easy to see more posts in a view.
3. If you are coder then remove Pagination and use use Infinite Scroll using Ajax for the post, like FB or the Twitter.
4. Script to load the new content dynamically if I am browsing single Thread rather been an alert which guides me to the page, in other word reload the whole page to refresh the content loading, thus saving lot of user bandwidth.
5. Make cleaner looking, faster and don't go for any dashing, full of UI but slower version of new PDF.
6. Android based app. don't know whether its already there are not but if not then app in google store utilizing Restfull Api, or whatever your choice.
7. Quote/reply UI to appear to the same place when selected, right click and press the choice quote or reply

Management Related :

1. Every thread should have two sub thread, one main and one troll. Instead of banning, the senior members should have power to send the post directly to the troll subthread of that thread. The most of the troll problem would be solved as all the trollers could easily troll in the subtroll thread as much as they want.

Thread A |
|-- Main
|-- Trollers Heaven

Thread B |
|-- Main
|-- Trollers Heaven

At the end when the thread is closed for further discussion, clean up which remove the Troller Heaven. Thread would be clean, no load on database.

2. Thin Tank, Senior, Professionals to write some article, so that members could read them, and ask them questions related to the article.

3. Game Section for some enthusiasts to play team match as suggested by @Black Mamba1
Suggetion of games which is free are tankionline a flash game which can be played on browser, and worldoftank just embedded up them with the forum site.

Thanks and regard

Last edited:
@WebMaster don't know whether you are coder to understand certain terms related to web design or not or get your job done with the other Programmer anyway my recommendations are :-

Website design related :-

1. Utilize unused free spaces of sides of the the page view.
2. In the post section, make Avtar size smaller, so that for short comment the content don't take much space and easy to see more posts in a view.
3. If you are coder then remove Pagination and use use Infinite Scroll using Ajax for the post, like FB or the Twitter.
4. Script to load the new content dynamically if I am browsing single Thread rather been an alert which guides me to the page, in other word reload the whole page to refresh the content loading, thus saving lot of user bandwidth.
5. Make cleaner looking, faster and don't go for any dashing, full of UI but slower version of new PDF.
6. Android based app. don't know whether its already there are not but if not then app in google store utilizing Restapi, or whatever your choise.
7. Quote/reply UI to appear to the same place when selected, right click and press the choice quote or reply

As far as the management is concerned I had already given my recommendation.

Thanks and regard
if you have an infinite scroll then how can you post something. you have to go to the last post to make a quote/reply then. also some users dont have js enabled. and you need redundancy if that don't work. as if you dont have js and you have infinite scroll then your looking at a huge page depending on the thread size. i think the current pag style is good.

but what would be a good idea is to have a thread breakdown. for example a thread with 100+ pages is huge and you may only want to see posts from a particular user from that thread, you can simply have a search user function on the side bar which will retrieves post/quotes from that user.

@WebMaster @Horus is that a good idea?

may only want to see posts from a particular user from that thread, you can simply have a search user function on the side bar which will retrieves post/quotes from that user.

Don't they already have something similar? I use it -top right.

My humble suggestion - think tank and rating function should vest separately. think tanks should be divided by expertise. An economy think tank should not be a defense one or an international relations guy. A think tank should be a person with expertise in one area and able to contribute valuable insight or evaluate an idea when required. Nobody knows everything about everything. They do not need to rate fellow members, often they seem bad at it, they should be able to argue in words against a position they see as incorrect.

Rating on the other hand requires someone with a different set of skills - mature and level headed and not too wedded to any particular point of view ( ie his own). The rater should not be eccentric - should be intelligent but not necessarily an expert. Any member with a well argued position and original idea should get a positive rating regardless of the personal opinion of the rater. We don't all have to agree, so long as the assumptions are factual and the basic values are reasonable, ( ie no recommendation to kill, maim, racism etc) the opinion is original and adds value - its all good.

There should be more women in management. This is a defence forum I know, but there are some good well informed women posters in international relations, governance etc.they don't come forward as much as they should.

I think the forum does a pretty decent job of cutting out religious bigotry and personal insults but not so much on racism. There are some pretty racist unedited posts out there that would make anyone's skin crawl. Some level of insulting is OK in fact adds interest, it's part off the human condition and spices it up, but to call whole groups of people slithering vermin etc is beyond the pale.

if you have an infinite scroll then how can you post something. you have to go to the last post to make a quote/reply then. also some users dont have js enabled. and you need redundancy if that don't work. as if you dont have js and you have infinite scroll then your looking at a huge page depending on the thread size. i think the current pag style is good.
There is no relationship between the reply/quote and the last post. The content of a single page consists of 15 posts and are presented as the pagination with the page nos. 1,2,3,4., Infinite scroll does not present the user with infinite content to load instead it also work as the pagination but rather uses js to present more beutifully by first presenting the last 15 posts and when the reader scroll to the bottom the script using jquery will automatically load the next 15 content dynamically i.e without actually refreshing the page. You missed my other recomendation about using the wide space area, and small avtar so that the posts hieght could be made small, so that more content could be viewed in a single page

With the quote/reply the UI should appear anywhere aka the flexible UI.

Most of the browser are already java enable, if java is disabled the present PDF would also be difficult to work with.

Include a India Vs Pakistan multimedia War strategy game (multiuser) in PDF. Many war mongers in this forum may vent out their steam and chill in the war game site :enjoy:

The additional revenue obtained by PDF mgmt. can be used in site up gradation.
How about tankionline or worldoftank, the second one is much better and great idea.

if you have an infinite scroll then how can you post something. you have to go to the last post to make a quote/reply then. also some users dont have js enabled. and you need redundancy if that don't work. as if you dont have js and you have infinite scroll then your looking at a huge page depending on the thread size.

but what would be a good idea is to have a thread breakdown. for example a thread with 100+ pages is huge and you may only want to see posts from a particular user from that thread, you can simply have a search user function on the side bar which will retrieves post/quotes from that user.
?
i hate infinite scroll , when u open a page, on ur keyboard there is a key that says endpage on right top panel ,when u click it, u will be brought to the bottom of page and then u can post,infinite scroll wont affect ur posts but when u use thru mobile or tablets it will hell lot of scrolling. its stupid and messy , just hate it. But yeah it will be nice if every single page shows 17-18 posts cuz every page has so less number of posts and u have to go to next page.
you can see all posts by single poster in a thread. open a thread on the right top drop down search menu. and work with the options.
i have used search option a lot to take out threads on certain regions history and i really benefitted from it.

Don't they already have something similar? I use it -top right.

My humble suggestion - think tank and rating function should vest separately. think tanks should be divided by expertise. An economy think tank should not be a defense one or an international relations guy. A think tank should be a person with expertise in one area and able to contribute valuable insight or evaluate an idea when required. Nobody knows everything about everything. They do not need to rate fellow members, often they seem bad at it, they should be able to argue in words against a position they see as incorrect.

Rating on the other hand requires someone with a different set of skills - mature and level headed and not too wedded to any particular point of view ( ie his own). The rater should not be eccentric - should be intelligent but not necessarily an expert. Any member with a well argued position and original idea should get a positive rating regardless of the personal opinion of the rater. We don't all have to agree, so long as the assumptions are factual and the basic values are reasonable, ( ie no recommendation to kill, maim, racism etc) the opinion is original and adds value - its all good.

There should be more women in management. This is a defence forum I know, but there are some good well informed women posters in international relations, governance etc.they don't come forward as much as they should.

I think the forum does a pretty decent job of cutting out religious bigotry and personal insults but not so much on racism. There are some pretty racist unedited posts out there that would make anyone's skin crawl. Some level of insulting is OK in fact adds interest, it's part off the human condition and spices it up, but to call whole groups of people slithering vermin etc is beyond the pale.
i dont get u indians , u ppl have tons of ur own forums..where u dont allow pakistanis , ban them,abuse them, do all mother sister cussing, make threads calling our state terrorist republic without looking at ur own country's pathetic state and so much more..., u guys are so pathetic that u cant stand a single opinion on ur forum that says pakistan won so and so war...i saw this drama on one of ur indian crapdefence forum yet u guys have the audacity ,you come here and complain abt so and so pakistani think tank,posters . Har waqtt its u indians who are whinging and crying on this site.
despite so many of your own forums its u indians and extremist mindset hindus who make up largest slice of membership here , which is the most annoying thing. Aur pakistanio kay forums pay akay you guys cry and whine to get pakistanis banned. aur hamaray samnay humain hee troll and multi ids keh rahay hotay ho.

keep these stupid suggestions to urself and take them to ur indee windee forums , no one needs them here.

i dont get u indians , u ppl have tons of ur own forums..where u dont allow pakistanis , ban them,abuse them, do all mother sister cussing, make threads calling our state terrorist republic without looking at ur own country's pathetic state and so much more..., u guys are so pathetic that u cant stand a single opinion on ur forum that says pakistan won so and so war...i saw this drama on one of ur indian crapdefence forum yet u guys have the audacity ,you come here and complain abt so and so pakistani think tank,posters . Har waqtt its u indians who are whinging and crying on this site.
despite so many of your own forums its u indians and extremist mindset hindus who make up largest slice of membership here , which is the most annoying thing. Aur pakistanio kay forums pay akay you guys cry and whine to get pakistanis banned. aur hamaray samnay humain hee troll and multi ids keh rahay hotay ho.

keep these stupid suggestions to urself and take them to ur indee windee forums , no one needs them here.

:lol: Your genius is shining through.

i hate infinite scroll , when u open a page, on ur keyboard there is a key that says endpage on right top panel ,when u click it, u will be brought to the bottom of page and then u can post,infinite scroll wont affect ur posts but when u use thru mobile or tablets it will hell lot of scrolling. its stupid and messy , just hate it. But yeah it will be nice if every single page shows 17-18 posts cuz every page has so less number of posts and u have to go to next page.
you can see all posts by single poster in a thread. open a thread on the right top drop down search menu. and work with the options.
i have used search option a lot to take out threads on certain regions history and i really benefitted from it.
That can be sorted out with better programming aka the mix of infinite scroll and the pagination. The comment/reply should be on the top not at the bottom, and bellow that say 100-80 comments are shown, when you scroll to the 81st post you find a button bellow 80th post showing 79-60, if you click that button, the ajax loads another 20 older post and the 100-80 post minimises to 100-80 . The pagination no. could also be vissible at the top and the bottom, so that anyone can choose his favorate way.

Thats whats is called abbusive language, and don't think that pakistani members are banned there, however if you make such remarks there or anywhere, that definitely you should be banned.

On serious note does the adminstrator is having a look on the suggestion been given @WebMaster , Sir no response so far--good / bad, or you are too busy to answer.

That can be sorted out with better programming aka the mix of infinite scroll and the pagination. The comment/reply should be on the top not at the bottom, and bellow that say 100-80 comments are shown, when you scroll to the 81st post you find a button bellow 80th post showing 79-60, if you click that button, the ajax loads another 20 older post and the 100-80 post minimises to 100-80 . The pagination no. could also be vissible at the top and the bottom, so that anyone can choose his favorate way.
out of curiosity ...this feature u are looking for requires coding or an upgraded version of xenforo is it foro or phoro , im sorry ialways forget. idont know so im asking.
Thats whats is called abbusive language, and don't think that pakistani members are banned there, however if you make such remarks there or anywhere, that definitely you should be banned.
no its not abusive. uhavent seen what lang ur countrymen do on interwebs, youtube comments and every other sites comments section. and guess what if my words are abusive and call for a perma ban or a ban on indian sites then u havent seen what indians do over here. going by ur standard of censhorship we shud have ninety pc indians banned from here, which if happens will be the best thing. but then idont blame indians here spewing poison and getting away with it. they are allowed to, hence they do.
we cant curse indian army stationed in kashmir we will get warnings , bans....but on this pakistani defence forum ,as the name goes, ...indians will always write on kashmiri fighters deaths....'sent to hell'...woh censor nahin hosakta ...magar indians ko khush karna hai, chahay pakistani posters ko kitna bura lagay. Professional forces my foot , its those 700000 indian army terrorists that will be sent to hell.

out of curiosity ...this feature u are looking for requires coding or an upgraded version of xenforo is it foro or phoro , im sorry ialways forget. idont know so im asking.
Well Xenforo is coded in PHP by the human bieng like you and me. If they have buyed Xenforo then they can make changes in the codes for personal purpose, what the big deal. Why they gone for Xenforo, they should have hired some guy to create the forum online application, so that these things could be done easily. But if not, ask Xenfor to do that, after all they are the customer, so little tweak could be made.

Well Xenforo is coded in PHP by the human bieng like you and me. If they have buyed Xenforo then they can make changes in the codes for personal purpose, what the big deal. Why they gone for Xenforo, they should have hired some guy to create the forum online application, so that these things could be done easily. But if not, ask Xenfor to do that, after all they are the customer, so little tweak could be made.
uhh idont know ihad just asked. ihave no clue ..ilike asking questions and learning.

but just one last thing. like u are asking for some different feature on the forum and it cud be done via coding. lets say whatever is the verison of a current platform...would there be a limit to what new features could be incorporated using coding? imean iknow my question is too noobish.
imean lets say in this current platform u cant add infinite scroll thru coding . is that possible?

after all why new versions of softwares are launched.

uhh idont know ihad just asked. ihave no clue ..ilike asking questions and learning.

but just one last thing. like u are asking for some different feature on the forum and it cud be done via coding. lets say whatever is the verison of a current platform...would there be a limit to what new features could be incorporated using coding? imean iknow my question is too noobish.
imean lets say in this current platform u cant add infinite scroll thru coding . is that possible?

after all why new versions of softwares are launched.
I was saying when they buy the software, they got it in the form of codes, which is in PHP, which anyone could read and see what it is doing because its just an scripting language not the machine code. Do whatever you want to do and changes which i am asking is not changing the entire code instead little bit tweaking and any php programmer can do that if he had the source code.

In case of infinite scroll case, no body is required to change the java script, instead the whole PDF is based on bootstrap, which is based on open source JQuery in which there are various functions inbuild already, only thing we need is to call that function, and the functionality i am asking could be easily attain using the java script which is already shipped with JQuery, which is also used with the present PDF, so use it in the form of AJAX.

You fail to read all my recomendation like
Management Related :

1. Every thread should have two sub thread, one main and one troll. Instead of banning, the senior members should have power to send the post directly to the troll subthread of that thread. The most of the troll problem would be solved as all the trollers could easily troll in the subtroll thread as much as they want.

Thread A |
|-- Main
|-- Trollers Heaven

Thread B |
|-- Main
|-- Trollers Heaven

At the end when the thread is closed for further discussion, clean up which remove the Troller Heaven. Thread would be clean, no load on database.

Source: How do we make PDF better? | Page 38

For that in database on post table one more field have to be make "Troller Heaven" which would either 1 or 0. If its 1 i..e troller heaven then the page generated in the troller heaven should include all post generated which are marked 1, and the main page should only shows which are marked. It is the same way when the post which is hidden or marked hidden by the admin dosen't apear

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom