What's new

How do we make PDF better?

@WebMaster You need to expand beyond Xenforo if you want to expand. Better search, better UI, better NLP, recommendations, take a leap :)

Like what?
how about automated tagging of related content to threads on the basis of certain keyword/sentiment you extract from it ? Will not be perfect to begin with. May be you will have a limited set of sources data, for starters. But that will be a start.

EDIT....

Ohh there's a problem. Of course, every solution gives way to another problem.

Doing that is achievable, it's a solvable problem. Problem is what they face in biochemical reactions.

The challenge that you will face is not about how to make A and B react to produce C.. It will be about how NOT to make A and B react with X, Y and Z.....

Last edited:
My suggestion is that before giving ban give warning and if there is ban than at least he should be shown why he is banned, means if he don't know what mistake he was doing and there should be some mechanism where he can put his point supporting him e.g if the members reports him deliberately against someone, he presses button and report a post, which trigger the administrator to act at that moment. Now the administrator don't have much time to see all the previous posts to check whether he is answering as a troll, or derailment or the content of his post is on the basis of the matter which is been discussed or some other circumstances, which looks like the troll if judge by a single post but as the post content he typed on the thread is not.

And if I am banned from some category e.g I am right now banned from Pakistani Section is there is any time period or its a permanent ban ?

Thanks and Regard

Source: Request - Unable to view Pakistanstrategic and foreign affairs | Page 2

My suggestion is that before giving ban give warning and if there is ban than at least he should be shown why he is banned, means if he don't know what mistake he was doing and there should be some mechanism where he can put his point supporting him e.g if the members reports him deliberately against someone, he presses button and report a post, which trigger the administrator to act at that moment. Now the administrator don't have much time to see all the previous posts to check whether he is answering as a troll, or derailment or the content of his post is on the basis of the matter which is been discussed or some other circumstances, which looks like the troll if judge by a single post but as the post content he typed on the thread is not.

And if I am banned from some category e.g I am right now banned from Pakistani Section is there is any time period or its a permanent ban ?

Thanks and Regard

Source: Request - Unable to view Pakistanstrategic and foreign affairs | Page 2
It's effectively permanent.. the ban.. I am also banned from one section, because, I had voiced my opinion that, if you want to solve things, then, may be, knocking at the door should be preferred over knocking the door down.

@WebMaster

I cannot offer any advice on how to make PDF better. I already think the platform is very, very good. However I can assure you kicking me out would be No.1 on the list if you asked the Indian members.

It's effectively permanent.. the ban.. I am also banned from one section, because, I had voiced my opinion that, if you want to solve things, then, may be, knocking at the door should be preferred over knocking the door down.
Then there should be two group one Super Administrator and another Administrator.
Super Administrator should not ban the member directly, and only Administrator should. If the member feels he is wrongly banned that there should be one more button Review, review done by Super Administrator.

As far as website is concerned why the use of AJAX is so much, which I feel the programmer should review the assess the java scripts.

Then there should be two group one Super Administrator and another Administrator.
Super Administrator should not ban the member directly, and only Administrator should. If the member feels he is wrongly banned that there should be one more button Review, review done by Super Administrator.

As far as website is concerned why the use of AJAX is so much, which I feel the programmer should review the assess the java scripts.
The Admins do a hard job here, considering the nature of the forum. What's the problem with AJAX ? How do you know it's AJAX btw ?

Ohh there's a problem. Of course, every solution gives way to another problem.

Doing that is achievable, it's a solvable problem. Problem is what they face in biochemical reactions.

The challenge that you will face is not about how to make A and B react to produce C.. It will be about how NOT to make A and B react with X, Y and Z.....

What do you want to say I unable to understand a bit.

What do you want to say I unable to understand a bit.

Sorry.. I will explain.

I'm saying getting related contents may not be the problem. But, you may end up tagging a whole lot related contents, which may not be that much relevant. The context here is 'Pakistan Defence forum'. You might end up tagging contents which are lesser related to the context.

@WebMaster

I cannot offer any advice on how to make PDF better. I already think the platform is very, very good. However I can assure you kicking me out would be No.1 on the list if you asked the Indian members.
yeah they want me gone too. tho ialready get banned alot
but syedali73 has quit.ni so miss him. u and syedali were always thee ones these indeez were after.

what if @syedali73 and webmaster hug each other and become frnds again and syedali returns back

yeah they want me gone too. tho ialready get banned alot
but syedali73 has quit.ni so miss him. u and syedali were always thee ones these indeez were after.

what if @syedali73 and webmaster hug each other and become frnds again and syedali returns back

Yeh, I rarely if never agreed with him but boy on the Indian front me and him were "comrades".

@WebMaster

I am an Indian and i dont know who you are( let alone asking webby to ban you)
Good day

Sorry.. I will explain.

I'm saying getting related contents may not be the problem. But, you may end up tagging a whole lot related contents, which may not be that much relevant. The context here is 'Pakistan Defence forum'. You might end up tagging contents which are lesser related to the context.

You are asking too much for the programmer. The search program in this forum code is not working as the google or any search engine, whose crawler indexes all the contents/metadata in the form of XML or json format to be searched in realtime instead search/match the word from the topic in the database. The max what could be done is you can refine your search to certain criteria, like in Pakistani strategic, or Indian Defense.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom