What's new

How do we make PDF better?

Actually, it is the membership that is leaving because of fatigue with the management's charades:

This is debatable to say the least and apart from the touted management issue, it could simply be busy times for people at the start and end of the year.

As i said. Provide a witness that the content you post has changed over the last 9 years.

This is debatable to say the least and apart from the touted management issue, it could simply be busy times for people at the start and end of the year.

Yes, that could be the explanation for the accelerating decline. Possible.

Yes, that could be the explanation for the accelerating decline. Possible.

now lets talk about your content. What has changed that you think you escape bans here Syed Sahab?

Sawalat pochne ka jitna apko shauq hai, uske lihaaz se ek jawab nahi de pate hain aap.

Thank you for the offer of help, but I am under specially "sharp eyes" of the management so I must respectfully decline to say anything more in this matter. :D
I usually try not to interfere in such discussion mate but i have to say, you think too much of yourself. :D
Seriously!! No one have time to keep an eye on any specific member dear. I understand that being "victim" is "IN" these days but you are better than that sir. :tup:

I usually try not to interfere in such discussion mate but i have to say, you think too much of yourself. :D
Seriously!! No one have time to keep an eye on any specific member dear. I understand that being "victim" is "IN" these days but you are better than that sir. :tup:

Perhaps you should check with the respected chairperson @Slav Defence who gave such direct instructions to other members of the management to keep a particularly "sharp eye" on this member? (That post has since been deleted but it should be visible to you unless it was hard deleted.) :D

now lets talk about your content. What has changed that you think you escape bans here Syed Sahab?

Sawalat pochne ka jitna apko shauq hai, uske lihaaz se ek jawab nahi de pate hain aap.

Let's not go off topic in this thread. If you wish to discuss another matter, please create the appropriate thread within PDF rules.

Perhaps you should check with the respected chairperson @Slav Defence who gave such direct instructions to other members of the management to keep a particularly "sharp eye" on this member? (That post has since been deleted but it should be visible to you unless it was hard deleted.) :D
And when did that happened? and what post or comment was it in response to? :)

Let's not go off topic in this thread. If you wish to discuss another matter, please create the appropriate thread within PDF rules.

It is not off topic. Your experience is very important in making PDF better.

And when did that happened? and what post or comment was it in response to? :)

Let's not take this thread off course from its topic. Those instructions were given and not just for one thread.

Now, what do you think is the reason for the declining membership engagement with the forum?

Let's not take this thread off course from its topic. Those instructions were given and not just for one thread.
Well, i would not have taken it off topic if not for a strange comment from you, will like to know who far ago it happened and what post was he responding to! But OK if you don't want to talk more about it here, lets just leave it.

Now, what do you think is the reason for the declining membership engagement with the forum?
At a personal level, it is the increased responsibilities at office and home that make me give less time to the forum. Might be the case with others too. But as far as new memberships are concerned, i am involved with taking in account approval requests and we are getting 14-18 requests daily on average.

Well, i would not have taken it off topic if not for a strange comment from you, will like to know who far ago it happened and what post was he responding to! But OK if you don't want to talk more about it here, lets just leave it.

At a personal level, it is the increased responsibilities at office and home that make me give less time to the forum. Might be the case with others too. But as far as new memberships are concerned, i am involved with taking in account approval requests and we are getting 14-18 requests daily on average.

The forum itself seems to be drifting rather than being actively managed, but that is just my layperson observation, which, as you know, is often wrong. But the downtrend in the rankings is pretty steep, no matter what the reasons.

Sometimes I wonder if a PDF WhatsApp group would be good? It would definitely be great fun with everyone typing 100mph

The forum itself seems to be drifting rather than being actively managed, but that is just my layperson observation, which, as you know, is often wrong. But the downtrend in the rankings is pretty steep, no matter what the reasons.
The management is comprised of part time volunteers really, everyone having his/her own priorities and work obligations. They do they best they can and i will again say, a fair comparison will be to compare this with another similar forum. I have been to one only, three four times may be. The amount of abuse and bashing there, trolling as some may say, was nothing comparable to what we have here. Yet is saw many members who talk about self-respect and call for strict moderation so there is not filthy language or insults and abuses being actively involved in the same themselves over there. Its hypocrisy but since everyone have a right to say whatever they want and since i am not related to THAT forum, i have no issues and never mentioned the details to anyone. My concern is only that we keep things in check in here and we try our best to do that. Despite the graphs showing a downward trend, we keep getting new registrations everyday have have retained some of the old members too even though they think they are treated unfairly. There are many examples.

All said, yes, things can and should be even better. Will keep on trying to achieve that.

The management is comprised of part time volunteers really, everyone having his/her own priorities and work obligations. They do they best they can and i will again say, a fair comparison will be to compare this with another similar forum. I have been to one only, three four times may be. The amount of abuse and bashing there, trolling as some may say, was nothing comparable to what we have here. Yet is saw many members who talk about self-respect and call for strict moderation so there is not filthy language or insults and abuses being actively involved in the same themselves over there. Its hypocrisy but since everyone have a right to say whatever they want and since i am not related to THAT forum, i have no issues and never mentioned the details to anyone. My concern is only that we keep things in check in here and we try our best to do that. Despite the graphs showing a downward trend, we keep getting new registrations everyday have have retained some of the old members too even though they think they are treated unfairly. There are many examples.

All said, yes, things can and should be even better. Will keep on trying to achieve that.

I agree with what you have said here. You have described it well. Let us see what the future brings for PDF. I wish it every success.

Back
Top Bottom