What's new

How do people view Islamic organizations in Pakistan from the outside

While our forces are fighting at great risk in FATA, the very foundations of civil society are being steadily eroded by all these organizations under the garb of "train(ing) our women according to our Islamic values because they play the most important role in the shaping of a community".

It is only a matter of time before the balance tilts in their favor irreversibly. Already, they are approaching a critical mass.

Please note that I am not saying it is right or wrong. It is up to society to determine its direction. I am just pointing out that we should be ready for this transformation because it is not too far away.

I don't get it, were Pakistanis not Muslims all ready? were they not following Islam before? For the last 30-40 years Pakistanis are becoming more and more radicalised. I noticed it when even our Cricket teams were showing off their beards and praying in cricket grounds. It started slow. This phenomenon of showing off your faith to give out a statement of how ''pious'' you are is fast spreading.

There doesn't seem to be stress on values of helping the poor, feeding the homeless, keeping the streets and neighbourhoods clean, helping poor couples to get married etc. There is more stress on how big beard does someone else have, if his trousers reach the ankles or not, refusing to get secular education but only stressing on Islamic education.

All of this has been happening slowly, I wanted to say this for a long time but finally someone else made this thread to open this very important debate. The slow and gradual brainwashing of Pakistanis. Pakistan is 400 years behind when it comes to social justice and equal rights for women. Pakistan is ruled like a feudal entity.

@VCheng

Yes the plan is to make the atmosphere more suitable for a true Islamic society through tolerance and Da'wah.

It is only a matter of time before the balance tilts in their favor irreversibly. Already, they are approaching a critical mass.

Words like these keep me going and are a source of great joy. Your worst fears are my destiny. you may regard them as evil but for me it'll be an era of justice, tolerance and prosperity.

There doesn't seem to be stress on values of helping the poor, feeding the homeless, keeping the streets and neighbourhoods clean, helping poor couples to get married etc.
Meri jaan kabhi Pakistan aakar tou dekho.

@VCheng

Yes the plan is to make the atmosphere more suitable for a true Islamic society through tolerance and Da'wah.

Words like these keep me going and are a source of great joy. Your worst fears are my destiny. you may regard them as evil but for me it'll be an era of justice, tolerance and prosperity.

Meri jaan kabhi Pakistan aakar tou dekho.

"It'll be an era of justice, tolerance and prosperity." Yes, that is the claim. Let us see how it pans out.

The only Pakistani I can ever trust with my money is Edhi Sahib. He is one in a billion, one hope in a corrupt society.
Edhi Sahab isn't the only one, there are plenty more like him who stay out of the lime light, People like Mr.Mustafa Noor who is running Dar us Shifa free dialysis center, Shamma school for girls (secular education), free eye clinic etc There are a lot of NGO's out there who are doing good work

10457849_834173073279457_4262539045888529522_n.jpg

I don't get it, were Pakistanis not Muslims all ready? were they not following Islam before? For the last 30-40 years Pakistanis are becoming more and more radicalised. I noticed it when even our Cricket teams were showing off their beards and praying in cricket grounds. It started slow. This phenomenon of showing off your faith to give out a statement of how ''pious'' you are is fast spreading.

There doesn't seem to be stress on values of helping the poor, feeding the homeless, keeping the streets and neighbourhoods clean, helping poor couples to get married etc. There is more stress on how big beard does someone else have, if his trousers reach the ankles or not, refusing to get secular education but only stressing on Islamic education.

All of this has been happening slowly, I wanted to say this for a long time but finally someone else made this thread to open this very important debate. The slow and gradual brainwashing of Pakistanis. Pakistan is 400 years behind when it comes to social justice and equal rights for women. Pakistan is ruled like a feudal entity.

400 years? Pakistan is moving fast "forward" into the seventh century, and it is nearly there too.

This photo says a lot:

Then and Now:

15893-junaidjamshed-1359698333-187-640x480.jpg

Edhi Sahab isn't the only one, there are plenty more like him who stay out of the lime light, People like Mr.Mustafa Noor who is running Dar us Shifa free dialysis center, Shamma school for girls (secular education), free eye clinic etc There are a lot of NGO's out there who are doing good work

10457849_834173073279457_4262539045888529522_n.jpg

Yeah I agree there are many more. They do bring a lot of hope in Pakistan. But we are talking about the slow and gradual brainwashing of Pakistanis.

thats some nice words- :tup:-

Yeah I agree there are many more. They do bring a lot of hope in Pakistan. But we are talking about the slow and gradual brainwashing of Pakistanis.
You would be surprised at the tolerance the majority of society has. They don't want to have anything to do with violence, despite being religious.

It will defiantly make you happy to hear that they do believe in equal rights and peaceful co-existence for Qadians as well!

It's only a small section of the population that is violent and radicalized, and unfortunately this group hijacks the rest of the society, giving it a bad name!

For any religion, if it cannot coexist peacefully with other religions or atheists, threat violence for people leaving such religion and use violence to convert people into such religion,

that religion is the garbage of human civilization and the common enemy of the world.

For any religion, if it cannot coexist peacefully with other religions or atheists, threat violence for people leaving such religion and use violence to convert people into such religion,

that religion is the garbage of human civilization and the common enemy of the world.
Like I said earlier it's a small group of people who give everyone a bad name!

During the time of the Prophet P.B.U.H. people used to say "if you want to understand Islam look at the Muslims" today it's the other way around, "If you want to understand Islam, don't look at the Muslims, look at the religion"

You would be surprised at the tolerance the majority of society has. They don't want to have anything to do with violence, despite being religious.

It will defiantly make you happy to hear that they do believe in equal rights and peaceful co-existence for Qadians as well!

It's only a small section of the population that is violent and radicalized, and unfortunately this group hijacks the rest of the society, giving it a bad name!

If what you say is true then its the small violent minority that makes the most noise, they are also more organised. Why do the majority don't care? Pakistanis are so indifferent. They don't care what happens to others as long as it doesn't effect them. First the same extremist mullah brigade used to peace hate against Ahmadis yet hardly anyone spoke against this. Now the same mullah brigade is killing the mainstream, finally Pakistanis are realising this danger but alas too late.

That is the whole point: It is no longer a small minority that is violent and radicalized. al-Huda and similar organizations are working diligently to create the foundation to spread this violent radicalization throughout society, far and wide. They have already made great headway, given the receptive minds ready to be misled by demagoguery.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom