What's new

How do Bangladeshi people want their future relations with Pakistan?

these "stranded Pakistanis" are of various backgrounds including Bengali who opted for the Pakistani state that ceased (or supposed to cease) to exist in the land we call Bangladesh after India took over it in 1971. if you are talking about Mohajirs in general, the majority of them don't fall into this category. and they have been doing fine being Bangladeshis. and they didn't even need to 'become Bengalis' to be Bangladeshis, even if we are considering Bengali Muslim culture is very much tied to that in North India and Pakistan because of historical reasons

Please dont bring 71 to derail this thread. There are other threads to discuss 71.

if you have a lot of money and opportunity, there will be a lot of country want to cooperate with you

You don't have to worry about this. Even the Jamat-e-Islami does not have an agenda against non-Muslim minorities..
Well in every country there r Hardliners,extremists & goonds whether it is Lanka,Burma,Nepal & India.Is Bangladesh different

I can give u a few links which I have come across
Attacks on minorities Hindu-Buddhist-Christian Kalyan Front concerned

Rioters torch 12 Buddhist temples in Bangladesh | The Jakarta Post

Buddhist family attacked by gang in Comilla | The Bangladesh Today

Recently some of the members of Jamat E -Islami were tried for the 1971 war crimes after 32 years,Congrulations

This is news to me. There is lots of propaganda. Don't know who to believe.
About Buddhist insurgency has been going on right from 1976 in Chittagong Hills

There is also Indian right-wing Hindu propaganda against our country. For the record - there are roughly 500,000 illegal Indian citizens working in Dhaka and sending remittances back to India via Hoondi (mostly working in the Garments Industry).

I request you to refere the UN report on Bangladeshis coming to India. U will be shocked to know the number of Bangladeshis coming to India.Most of them r doing menial jobs,

I don't think Pakistan should be punished for something they did not deliberately plan. Does it make sense that they would want this (i.e. the situation as it is now)??
Pakistan should not be punished,then why Bangladesh refused to visit Pakistan.IPL is for a short duration & not 365 days in a year.The Bangladesh Pakistani match could have been resumed after the IPL,but that didn't happen.Why?.the reason is
The extremists Pakistani militants like Taliban & Let whom were r nurtured & nourished by their Intelligence Agencies ISI for strategic depth in aghanistan & kashmir r calling the shots. U have to understand,People who live with guns die with guns.
What about the attack on 15 International mountain climbers on K2 mountain about 10,000 feet above sea level by Pakistani militants
I always believe in Karma.

Well in every country there r Hardliners,extremists & goonds whether it is Lanka,Burma,Nepal & India.Is Bangladesh different

I can give u a few links which I have come across
Attacks on minorities Hindu-Buddhist-Christian Kalyan Front concerned

Rioters torch 12 Buddhist temples in Bangladesh | The Jakarta Post

Buddhist family attacked by gang in Comilla | The Bangladesh Today

Recently some of the members of Jamat E -Islami were tried for the 1971 war crimes after 32 years,Congrulations

About Buddhist insurgency has been going on right from 1976 in Chittagong Hills

I request you to refere the UN report on Bangladeshis coming to India. U will be shocked to know the number of Bangladeshis coming to India.Most of them r doing menial jobs,

Pakistan should not be punished,then why Bangladesh refused to visit Pakistan.IPL is for a short duration & not 365 days in a year.The Bangladesh Pakistani match could have been resumed after the IPL,but that didn't happen.Why?.the reason is
The extremists Pakistani militants like Taliban & Let whom were r nurtured & nourished by their Intelligence Agencies ISI for strategic depth in aghanistan & kashmir r calling the shots. U have to understand,People who live with guns die with guns.
What about the attack on 15 International mountain climbers on K2 mountain about 10,000 feet above sea level by Pakistani militants
I always believe in Karma.

Re: the links you posted those were reactionary activity after the Rakhines were killed en masse in neighboring Myanmar. You have to expect this type of tit-for-tat violence in this effed up place we call the subcontinent but even considering that loss of life on this side (Bangladesh) was minimal. Heck it even happened in the US after 9/11. A good number of Sikhs lost their lives because they wore turbans and were mistaken for Muslims/Arabs.

Please dont bring 71 to derail this thread. There are other threads to discuss 71.
have you even read my post? there was another member that brought up "Stranded Pakistanis". what i did as try to clear any existing misconception about the phrase. for some that is an issue in BD-PAK relations. for me personally it's not too big a deal. your comment is better suited to other posters i was replying to

Are you talking about this, this is Dhoti people in rural area usually wear it, but it is getting less popular with time.

157064.jpg
that is dhoti. Bengali Hindus wear it

at all. just look what they did with us in WTO and cricket only that is what maximum they can do .

Imran Bhai, it isn't FAULT of poor BDians.............Actually RAW Controls Dhaka that's why you see what you see................

Bangladesh is squarely china centric.... it does not matter much who is in power.

AL is reliant on india , BNP is not however there from a military perspective BD is firmly within with China sphere of influence. We are the second largest military purchaser of Chinese military equipment following Pakistan.

However a strategic relationship with Pakistan is not possible as the latters economic-military capability is limited. Any Pak-BD military will be conducted within the prism of BD-China relationship only.

BD philosophy is not military chauvanish. BD government whatever its colour will prioritise will always economic growth. In pursuit of this BD will exploit its strategic geography to maintain a balance of relationship between India and China.

For the foreseeable future BD will seek economic integration with India and deeper military and economic cooperation with china. Bangladesh will probably seek not to be a official part of the string of pearl grouping not because of India but rather because US would wish us not to be.

For any BD government there are only three countries that matter and the order of this is as follows

US - Economically and Strategically
China - Economically, militarily and stragically
India - Economically and strategically

As for Pakistan there should be more people to people contact and exploitation of economic opportunities.

Whilst there is a plurality of opinion vis-a-vis BD posters on Pakistan if you scratch the surface you will note that BD generally would not wish to be part of the ongoing IND-PAK rivalry. We wish both country well.

Bangladesh will do whatever necessary to maintain its sovereignty. It is part of the geopolitical game and its strategy is well established "friendship to all and malice to none".

There is no permutation of event that i can foresee where BD will enter into any conflict with any country. We are a nation of 160m that is picking itself up by the bootstrap. Economy is only thing that matter and you will not find any issues with that basic principal between any political parties in BD.
Well its good to see any neighbour of india is serious about economy, else many just want to blow themselves and kill many others.

quoteIts called dhoti and its not worn like a lungi. It is tied at the waist but is open from below unlike bengali lungi that is folded like a pajama(I never understood how they did that :) )
Punjabi Dhoti or Tehband is very different then a Bengali lungi. And dhoti is worn in both indian and Pakistani Punjab
jisse hum log lungi kehte hai wo niche khola rehte hai. folded pajama wala usse kehte hai dhoti Indian Bengal mein

Imran Bhai, it isn't FAULT of poor BDians.............Actually RAW Controls Dhaka that's why you see what you see................
RAW open dushman hai ye to bhai ke roop main dushman hain 5000tons rice le ker jets le ker medcine le ker kha jaty hain or aik vote per G dikhaty hain .

Yeah.. It will be nice to see Pakistan and Bangladesh strengthening relations. But it is more plausible if BNP was in charge. But it's not that it is impossible, even if Hasina is in reign now! But who knows!

By the way, I hate both Awami League and BNP! Because both has never done anything good for the country!

What about the recent voilence against Bihari urdu muslims in Bangladesh.this shows that even after 34 years these Bangladeshis have not forgotten what these Bihari Muslims have done to then

Majority of the students in my school were Urdu speakers and our Principal was from a Nawab family so she had many relatives who were Urdu speakers and came to this school. And we never had any problem and we are all friends and we don't say stuff like where you are from, even if we do, we don't give importance to it because what matters is that we live in Bangladesh and so hence we are Bangladeshis. And those violence are usually among low class people, so forget about it because it doesn't matter and holds truth to anything. Because normally we all live in peace and harmony together and that's the truth. We all Bangladeshis are peaceful people.

Majority of the students in my school were Urdu speakers and our Principal was from a Nawab family so she had many relatives who were Urdu speakers and came to this school. And we never had any problem and we are all friends and we don't say stuff like where you are from, even if we do, we don't give importance to it because what matters is that we live in Bangladesh and so hence we are Bangladeshis. And those violence are usually among low class people, so forget about it because it doesn't matter and holds truth to anything. Because normally we all live in peace and harmony together and that's the truth. We all Bangladeshis are peaceful people.
not all Urdu-speaking people are Bihari or Mohajir. many of them are ethnically Bengali. especially because of so much overlap we hardly even distinguish. these "suresh" type people are in a parallel universe

I had never mentioned anywhere that China won't eventually try and establish naval bases in or around the Indian Ocean. Only that it would take till the end of this century to do so. It's a long long way off into the future, by which time navies of other countries like the US, Australia, India, Singapore, Vietnam and so on would have become too strong for PLAN to take on single-handed, both in the SCS as well as the Indian Ocean. One country against several is what the scene would be, to the immense disadvantage of China.

Whatever you may say about the emergence of PLAN into a potent navy in the future, the fact is that it would be impossible to stand up against several strong naval forces in the Indian Ocean, the SCS and the Atlantic in the decades to come. They would simply not have the capability to do so.

Dude, where do I start as you are wrong on so many points here!:lol:

Singapore and Australia will NEVER be any threat to China as they are too small in population.

Vietnam Navy won't also be a threat as China borders Vietnam and so the Vietnamese will have to be careful not to provokee a land invasion.

At current rates, China will achieve economic and military modernisation around 2030 and so can start base building by then.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom