What's new

How do Bangladeshi people want their future relations with Pakistan?

Salam.

With BD and Pakistan squarely fitting in the String of Pearls project with China, which will transform their relations with the PRC and would alter the S.Asian balance of power in China's favour, how do Bangladeshi people want their future relations with Pakistan?

Its clear that a China lead block in South Asia is in the works. All Muslim states in S.Asia, namely Pakistan, Maldives and Bangladesh are on the same page to support the Chinese project and to have China as the undisputed regional power with 3 Muslim allies in the region.

Such a block would also require strategic cooperation to take place between Pakistan and Bangladesh as two major power brokers.

In the light of the above geopolitical shift, how would the BD citizenry want their relations with Pakistan to look like?

@Loki @kalu_miah @snowqueen tag others too pls.

BD will not do anything to anger it's only friendly neighbor & Maldives will invite civil war if they tried to be extra smart.Pakistan has been a traditional enemy & we have dealt with it when Americans were in charge we can deal when china takes over too

There shouldn't be any special relationship with Pakistan just normal one like with everyone else.
No Muslim brotherhood nonsense when it comes to running a country.

Bangladesh is squarely china centric.... it does not matter much who is in power.

AL is reliant on india , BNP is not however there from a military perspective BD is firmly within with China sphere of influence. We are the second largest military purchaser of Chinese military equipment following Pakistan.

However a strategic relationship with Pakistan is not possible as the latters economic-military capability is limited. Any Pak-BD military will be conducted within the prism of BD-China relationship only.

BD philosophy is not military chauvanish. BD government whatever its colour will prioritise will always economic growth. In pursuit of this BD will exploit its strategic geography to maintain a balance of relationship between India and China.

For the foreseeable future BD will seek economic integration with India and deeper military and economic cooperation with china. Bangladesh will probably seek not to be a official part of the string of pearl grouping not because of India but rather because US would wish us not to be.

For any BD government there are only three countries that matter and the order of this is as follows

US - Economically and Strategically
China - Economically, militarily and stragically
India - Economically and strategically

As for Pakistan there should be more people to people contact and exploitation of economic opportunities.

Whilst there is a plurality of opinion vis-a-vis BD posters on Pakistan if you scratch the surface you will note that BD generally would not wish to be part of the ongoing IND-PAK rivalry. We wish both country well.

Bangladesh will do whatever necessary to maintain its sovereignty. It is part of the geopolitical game and its strategy is well established "friendship to all and malice to none".

There is no permutation of event that i can foresee where BD will enter into any conflict with any country. We are a nation of 160m that is picking itself up by the bootstrap. Economy is only thing that matter and you will not find any issues with that basic principal between any political parties in BD.

@BDforever - May be a Lungi wearing Fish eating Management trainee somewhere in Dhaka but hes still my Brother even if I'm a Dhoti wearing Chicken eating Finance trainee somewhere in Lahore ! :cheers:
why dhoti?? btw some Punjabis wear lungi too right?

why dhoti?? btw some Punjabis wear lungi too right?

Yup they do. 'Lungi' or 'Chadar' (as it's called) is part of Bhangra dress esp. during the Baisakhi festival.

Lungis are also very commonly worn is South India in villages (in almost all states South of Andhra).

Sorry about the OT segway.

I believe Pakistan and Bangladesh being in completely different areas of the subcontinent agriculturally and climate-wise, have unique and complementary economies. In Pakistan times (I've heard from older people) we used to send a full load of Paan and Tea to West Pakistan in every Lockheed Constellation (later Boeing 707's) daily flight. This has continued even to the present day. This is of course just a token 'natija' of the total trade that takes place.

Today - bales of cotton come over to Chittagong from Pakistan by the container-load and leave as jeans and shirts fifteen days later by another container. There are a very large number of Pakistani experts in Bangladesh' textile industry, as their experience in textile dyeing and weaving are more extensive.

Last edited:
CAT are Cute but very mooody Animal.......when they want Love, they revolve around you by raising TAIL & rubbing their body
But
when they dont want your attention ....they fire back with Anger

CAT are Cute but very mooody Animal.......when they want Love, they revolve around you by raising TAIL & rubbing their body
But
when they dont want your attention ....they fire back with Anger

Showgun sahab yeh to marfat ki baat hai - baat ka khulasa kijiye :P

There is distrust on both sides - with time it will subside...

Showgun sahab yeh to marfat ki baat hai - baat ka khulasa kijiye
There is distrust on both sides - with time it will subside...
I love Bangladesh, they are muslims Plus they served as Strong Empire in Indian History,
Moreover ! I have no Problem with Bdesh members of that forum,
But my source of real resentment is Bdesh acting Subsidiary of India (leave 71 its gone) ......Like your Cricket team turn down Official Agreed Pakistan tour (behest by India),
Plus read Post#19 by Imran khan....i agreed what he said

I love Bangladesh, they are muslims Plus they served as Strong Empire in Indian History,
Moreover ! I have no Problem with Bdesh members of that forum,
But my source of real resentment is Bdesh acting Subsidiary of India (leave 71 its gone) ......Like your Cricket team turn down Official Agreed Pakistan tour (behest by India),
Plus read Post#19 by Imran khan....i agreed what he said

Well karna keya - most of the players in the Bangladesh cricket team are playing in the Indian IPL - it's a question of money. Paisa comes first I'm afraid. There is no principle in today's world.

اس دنیا میں پیسہ کسی به در کے اصول سے پہلے آتا ہے.

Last edited:
Well karna keya - most of the players in the Bangladesh cricket team is playing in the Indian IPL - it's a question of money. Paisa comes first I'm afraid. There is no principle in today's world.
You understand writing urdu

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom