What's new

How come Indians don't speak Sanskrit anymore :(?

What a beutyful language..Common everywhere in Asia, from Tibet to Japan

It's because languages evolve just like English or German doesn't sound anything like Old German and then Muslims brought different languages like Persian/Turkish/Arabic with them when they came to India and influenced Indian languages.

I don't know that sure, yaar. TBH I never understood jack in Nagamese when some of my naga buddies would talk.

Come on bro, even Tibetan script and language structure is borrowed from Sanskrit, which is similar case with my own language (same script, grammar and letters).

For rice there's no english comparable phonetic but if I write it, it sounds like 'dlzhong' (I know it sounds totally wrong :P).

Technically the word Denzong itself means "Valley of Rice" aka Sikkim's name. :)

We even use the Nepali word "bhat" as a loan-word at times. It is a common thing in Sikkim.

ha ha your naga mates probably speak their native tribal lingo not nagamese which are all together very different fron nagamese. regarding tibetans and your lingo , i didn't know their relation to sanskrit..

i asked you about the rice because, i thought their could be some similarity between your and my language as we border the Bhutanese people who seem closer to Sikkimese people . we call rice as ¨mai¨ pronounced ¨may¨ so if you make beer ¨zei¨ out of it you get ¨mai-zei¨

so cheers :P :)

Proper Sanskrit Pronunciation

Last edited by a moderator:
I had heard that a research has shown that Sanskrit is the best language for computer programming

I had heard that a research has shown that Sanskrit is the best language for computer programming

pray tell where you heard that.
Also it's a dead language, how does a dead language become the "best language for computer programming" ?

I would say that it would probably be one of the worst since there are no native speakers and few people who actually know it enough to program in it.

Who says Sanskrit is Dead language? Even U use it every day life..... Need stuff understand that. Btw when he said Computer programming that doesnt mean using the literal language....
Not only the Indians speak it every day but the whole world speaks it...
Matrah---Mother
Bratrah---Brother
Navig----Navigation
etc
Those who think otherwise well cant help them.

Also it's a dead language, how does a dead language become the "best language for computer programming" ?

I would say that it would probably be one of the worst since there are no native speakers and few people who actually know it enough to program in it.

What he was saying was correct Sanskrit by far its the most advance language ever know to mankind.
Every word in Sanskrit is self explanatory n its grammer principles r also perfectly well defined n work on every word or sentence.

This is the reason that it could be used easily for computer programing but has limited applicability as programing language as its not spoken by much people now

Here r some links for my n his claim

Similarities between Sanskrit and Programming Languages | uttiSTha bhArata

Inverse Squared: Sanskrit - The Best Language For Computer Programming?

NASA on Sanskrit & Artificial Intelligence by Rick Briggs

N for ur kind information Sanskrit is still used by natives of atleast 4-5 villages in India where thousands of people still use it in their day to day life as means of communication

For more info about those villages go read my post no.32 on this thread u idiot:hitwall:

What he was saying was correct Sanskrit by far its the most advance language ever know to mankind.
Every word in Sanskrit is self explainatory n its grammer principles r also perfectly well defined n work on every word or sentence.

This is the reason that it could be used easily for computer programing but has limited applicability as programing language as its not spoken by much people now

Here r some links for my n his claim

Similarities between Sanskrit and Programming Languages | uttiSTha bhArata

Inverse Squared: Sanskrit - The Best Language For Computer Programming?

NASA on Sanskrit & Artificial Intelligence by Rick Briggs

N for ur kind information Sanskrit is still used by natives of atleast 4-5 villages where thousands of people still use it in their day to day life as means of communication

For more info about those villages go read my post no.34 on this thread u idiot:hitwall:

Its identity crisis for some to show brazen illogical hatred for anything slightly related to Hinduism, to justify their existence ;)

Soon, he"ll say that Sanskrit was brought by Aryan invaders and imposed on Sub continent, which i have debunked several times. :lol:

Who said Indians dont speak sanskrit???!!!

In West Bengal, there are so many students doing Sanskrit honors course. We learnt sanskrit in school.

I am sure there are other states where Sanskrit has been taught for many years in school and colleges. :coffee:

It isn't a dead language. It is taught in Maharashtra for standards 8,9 and 10. And for arts students who opt for it in 11 and 12.

The grammatical sense of the language made it easy for making it into programming language and those were not Indians who said it. Right now I am trying to find that article
Till then read this if you really want to know
http://inversesquared.blogspot.in/2010/08/sanskrit-best-language-for-computer.html

Knowledge Representation in Sanskrit and Artificial Intelligence | Briggs | AI Magazine

I know sanskrit well, infact I got 93/100 in sanskrit at 10+2 level. If I am not wrong present India has more sanskrit speakers than it in ancient india.

But Sanskrit was never spoken by the masses in ancient India, it was language of Brahmins & Scholars.

This was the reason Buddha preached in Pali language & Dnyaneshwara translated Shrimad Bhagwadgeeta into Marathi to reach to masses who were mostly non-sanskrit speakers.

Wrong perception consolidated by regionalists and neo-regionalist activists.

I mean while Tamil is largely different in many ways despite similar loan-words from Sanskrit, Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada are big time derived from Sanskrit.

I was quite at ease in Kerala where I could understand some locals who were conversing (relatively slowly compared to their usual speed of the language). And this is without me knowing any proper regional language of our country.

U r wrong mate... Malayalam is derived from tamil and it formed as a separate language around 9th century AD.. I can pick words from my friends talking malayalam... Telugu is influenced both by dravidian languages and sanskrit...
About Kannada, i have less knowledge...

Your forefathers would be very sorry to hear this for u... They didnt convert to islam so that u will give up ur past heritage,,...
Yes, sanskrit can be used fa computing and the research is on...

What is the difference between Dengzongkha and Dengzongpa.

Former is the language and latter is the community. :)

Something like how sikhs have "singh" attached. It means Lion I know, but it has become a community thing for them over time.

Back
Top Bottom