What's new

Does anyone speak Sanskrit or Farsi here?

Depends where you see the starting point. First hominids maybe. But first primates are from the cretacious period, the species is called Purgatorius and from North America.
was talking about our species.

I can be from anywhere ..haa- haa -haa
But when did I tell you anything about myself??:what:

Ranjeete tumhari baatein mujhe samajh kyun nahi aati hai?? :blink:
Hehe
Chuck has travelled all over India and can speak more than 5 Indian languages which I think is quite an achievement.Hes a pakka Indian,cant bracket him as just a Rajput.
Btw there are some on this forum like babaji @Dillinger who claims he knows 6 languages though the truth is that I've never seen him use anything except english and hindi :P

:blink::blink::blink:

Tomar chokher alo phuriye gaeche.

This is wrong. Hansa comes from the german word Hanse. The Hanse was shipping corporation in medival times. Traders in Hamburg, Rostock and Bremen owned large ships that traded goods up to scandinavia and france and the UK. This trade network was very famous and the name Lufthansa means basicly air hansa. It is meant to be the representation of this famous shipping line in the air.

Hamsa (bird) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i know a gypsy word "auri" means "go out" or "outside". I heard "auri jan" too.

Does it ring any bells or sound familiar?

We have no relationship to gypsies. Auri, mauri, whatever you call it we have never heard it :closed:

@MarkusS @janon @Abii @INDIC and others ( i can't quote everyone )

Languages are grouped together on basis of similarity in grammar, not vocabulary and on that count German has very high level of similarities with Sanskrit ( i have completed 11/2 semester in Deutsche ). Similarities in vocabulary in languages closer together in linguistic evolution are added feature.

We Indians consider Iranians our ancient brothers though over time we have diverged to a great extent.

@MarkusS @janon @Abii @INDIC and others ( i can't quote everyone )

Languages are grouped together on basis of similarity in grammar, not vocabulary and on that count German has very high level of similarities with Sanskrit ( i have completed 11/2 semester in Deutsche ). Similarities in vocabulary in languages closer together in linguistic evolution are added feature.

I had been talking to Polish guy once, I was extremely surprised to see the extent of similarities Slavic languages have with the Indian languages. The Germanic languages share relative lesser amount of similarities with Indian languages compared to Slavic languages.

@MarkusS

How many languages do you speak? Obviously English, but also German and Italian?

I wish I cared more back in high school. I was forced to pick a language in high school and learn it for two years, but b/c I already spoke two languages I thought it was pretty dumb that I was being forced to pick a third language, so I never really cared. I chose Spanish and found it interesting, but always put enough effort to just pass the course and that was it. Now I regret it.

The two languages that I would love to learn are German and Russian. Most people think these are ugly languages, while the Latin based languages (Italian, French etc...) are much more beautiful. Of course the Latin languages are beautiful, but I love the harshness of German a lot. It just sounds so masculine.

I had been talking to Polish guy once, I was extremely surprised to see the extent of similarities Slavic languages have with the Indian languages. The Germanic languages share relative lesser amount of similarities with Indian languages compared to Slavic languages.
Yeah, it seems like slavic languages are very close to Eastern languages in general. The extent to which Polish vocab was similar to Persian shocked me. Some phrases and words were literally what we say in Iran, even with the same pronunciation.

Our species comes from europe. There our ancestor species mixed with the neanderthalian and devisovan humans and created what we are today. ;) Genetics aren't as easy as you sometimes think they are.

It is Lufthansa and not Lufthamsa. The Word "hansa" in Lufthansa comes from the Hanse. A powerful trade and shipping guild in medival times.

Hamsa is pronounced as Hansa and Hamsa became hansa in Hindi long before medieval times .

Yeah, it seems like slavic languages are very close to Eastern languages in general. The extent to which Polish vocab was similar to Persian shocked me. Some phrases and words were literally what we say in Iran, even with the same pronunciation.

Yes, I even found very basic words in Polish are similar to Hindi and Sanskrit, unlike the rare similarities in other European languages. like meat(mans)- mięso, door(dwar)-drzwi, eight(aath, asta)-osiem, five(panch)- pięć.

Back
Top Bottom