What's new

How CNN uses disaster to propagandize against a government

You guys are great! :cheers:

“This is a country where a thunderstorm can cause a train to crash, a car can make a bridge collapse and drinking milk can lead to kidney stones,” user “xiaoyaoyouliu” posted on Sina Weibo. “Today’s China is a bullet train racing through a thunderstorm — and we are all passengers onboard.”

LOL!

Note that the idea, getting americas message out, is expressed by an american foreign minister. She goes on to state that an information war is ongoing.
* RT edited
** Aware of the irony

Last edited by a moderator:
Western propaganda has become an art-form, and for the unsuspecting audience, it is invisible. If you decide to be critical though, you will immediately see how thinly-veiled the propaganda is. Some of you might have heard about the recent high-speed rail crash in Spain, killing 69 people according to the latest count. The weird coincidence is that China’s Wenzhou crash was exactly 2 years ago. Below are two articles from CNN reporting on the crashes. On the right column is of China’s crash two years ago and on the left column is a recent coverage for Spain’s. Notice how the Spain article is about the accident while the article on China is a condemnation of China’s HRS and governance. CNN can find tons of criticism and dissatisfaction on Spain’s Internet too if it wants. Yes, right now. CNN can find critical things to write about the Spanish government: for example, Spain woefully under-funds its infrastructure. These are CNN’s explicit choices to make. See the glaring difference in the articles as a result of the choices CNN made. Welcome to “free” press.

How CNN uses disaster to propagandize against a government | Hidden Harmonies China Blog

good idea to make this topic. it helps more people know about the art of misleading of west media!

Maybe CNN should quote PDF's posts next time! lol

Seriously, if CNN is gonna rely on posts on Internet, at least quote two or multiple sides of opinions. You can pretty much prove any points by just quoting Internet opinions.

lol people are really funny here.

The job of CNN is to sell rating, sell their ad space, US government have nothing to do with CNN, they wrote what they want, AS LONG AS THEY SELL THEIR RATING.

If writing Anti-Chinese thing will get their rating up, this is what they will do. Or why we have a lot of lady gaga news and the royal baby news here.

Judging from the look of it, they are doing a very good job, at lease it got some "Totally Unrelated" person open their mouth, I mean that guy who say CNN sucks watch CNN too, right? Otherwise how do he know it sucks?

people seems to forget US is not China, media is not controlled by State, hence we have a choice not to watch any channel and they can do whatever the hell they want. If you want CNN, then watch ABC, CBS, NBC or even Fox, if you want to have some fun

I love me some Chinese Conspiracy theorist. Hope they run a show on that :)

lol people are really funny here.

The job of CNN is to sell rating, sell their ad space, US government have nothing to do with CNN, they wrote what they want, AS LONG AS THEY SELL THEIR RATING.

If writing Anti-Chinese thing will get their rating up, this is what they will do. Or why we have a lot of lady gaga news and the royal baby news here.

Judging from the look of it, they are doing a very good job, at lease it got some "Totally Unrelated" person open their mouth, I mean that guy who say CNN sucks watch CNN too, right? Otherwise how do he know it sucks?

people seems to forget US is not China, media is not controlled by State, hence we have a choice not to watch any channel and they can do whatever the hell they want. If you want CNN, then watch ABC, CBS, NBC or even Fox, if you want to have some fun

I love me some Chinese Conspiracy theorist. Hope they run a show on that :)

I agree with you, but the problem is that anti-China news is what the American public enjoy and that's why all media in the U.S. has anti-China twist. When all media is just feeding what the public wishes to hear, then the choice and freedom of press lost all its meaning. If the U.S. media keeps feeding its public anti-China news, it will create further mistrust between the two nations.

China has moved away from anti-U.S. sentiment, and is willing to build better relationship with U.S., the U.S. should, too. In a way, I feel Chinese news sites have more variety. In Chinese news sites, you get anti-Chinese government rambling, anti-U.S. craziness, pro-U.S. the beacon of humanity worship, etc. In U.S. news, China is bad, chicomm, China is stealing our jobs, bad red China, haha.

I agree with you, but the problem is that anti-China news is what the American public enjoy and that's why all media in the U.S. has anti-China twist. When all media is just feeding what the public wishes to hear, then the choice and freedom of press lost all its meaning. If the U.S. media keeps feeding its public anti-China news, it will create further mistrust between the two nations.

China has moved away from anti-U.S. sentiment, and is willing to build better relationship with U.S., the U.S. should, too. In a way, I feel Chinese news sites have more variety. In Chinese news sites, you get anti-Chinese government rambling, anti-U.S. craziness, pro-U.S. the beacon of humanity worship, etc. In U.S. news, China is bad, chicomm, China is stealing our jobs, bad red China, haha.

Well, I agree on all your comment (including China have move away from Anti-US view, infact most CCTV program I saw in China actually pro-US in some sense.) apart from the bolded part

In case of US media, it not the case The media tell their audience what to watch, but it's the viewer tell what the channel what to broadcast. Unlike Media in China, we don't have people controlling or paying our media on top of the bosses (The corporation, aka advertisement and sponsorship) and the Bigger Boss (The audience)

For a TV channel or station to stay afloat, they need money, since they are charging absolutely nothing for their broadcast, all of their money that need to stay afloat is coming from solely Sponsors and advertising incoming. However, for people in advertise in your channel/station or sponsor your program, you need certain amount of viewership. Basically if you broadcast some junk that nobody really want to see (regardless if that's true) your station WILL BE GOING UNDER. you will lose viewership, and losing advertiser and finally lose your sponsor, and then your channel gone broke.

There are nothing gain from US media trying to "Brainwash" their audience, cause they don't have government payout to broadcast whatever the government want to tell them, thus TV channel/Station overly depend on their viewer, rating is king in US media and Media do not control the rating, but it's the audience who control the media.

It's not the US media is turning the normal American Anti-China, but it's the normal American who want to hear the anti-China news, trust me, if the common American got sick and tired of said news, the media will not run them anymore. It is nothing about freedom of choice or freedom of whatever, IT'S JUST BUSINESS

Same goes with Hollywood movie Industry. It's always the viewer dictate what the media to offer, not the Media telling people what to watch.

Brainwashed Americans want to hear anti-China news。

Right。It is just business。

Everything is just business,including the Snowden episode。

The whole world,or international community as the West so often shamelessly uses the term,wants to hear the story that Snowden is telling。It has nothing to do with the national security of a particular country。

It is nothing but business。

Brainwashed Americans want to hear anti-China news。

Right。It is just business。

Everything is just business,including the Snowden episode。

The whole world,or international community as the West so often shamelessly uses the term,wants to hear the story that Snowden is telling。It has nothing to do with the national security of a particular country。

It is nothing but business。

I want to ask you, WHAT EXACTLY OF NATIONAL SECURITY you got out of the whole Snowden Episode?
People want news, every American were sitting on the edge of their seat when Snowden spill the bean, I wonder how many American aware where is Snowden now. Do you even know where Snowden is now??

lol. Everybody was brainwashed, me, you and the guy sitting next to me, or you are going to tell me the it's not because of TV advertising you go buy the clothes you are wearing at the moment?

Welcome to America my friends where everybody is treated EQUAL.

HOWEVER " SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS ". :D

This is America's Typical Hypocrisy that becomes apparent to anyone with an above average IQ.

Note that the idea, getting americas message out, is expressed by an american foreign minister. She goes on to state that an information war is ongoing.
* RT edited
** Aware of the irony

What she is saying is " America is losing INFORMATION WAR ".

What she means is " America is losing PROPAGANDA WAR ". :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to America my friends where everybody is treated EQUAL.

HOWEVER " SOME ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS ". :D

This is America's Typical Hypocrisy that becomes apparent to anyone with an above average IQ.

Anyone with an above average IQ would have left long ago. If what that is what you believe.

Back
Top Bottom