What's new

How China trains its children to win gold? - standing on a girl's legs

To train an athlete, to an Olympian level, from an young age is very costly and time consuming and the pains for everyone involved, including the parents. There is no right or wrong in this process, it's just the decision of the parents what good for their kids at that moment. More often than not, most if not all, parents want what's best for their kids and willing to pay for it with resources and time.

Ask Tiger Woods how much pain he went through and how his father went bankrupt for nurturing his talent from tender age to his first paycheck.

Michele Kwan's, one of a great figure skater from the US with Chinese ancestry, parents sold 10 of of their 11 restaurants to pay for her trainings, let alone the time they spent on her behalf.

Chinese athletes should be thankful for their country's supports and spending vast resources to develop their unique talents and at the end results they are the ones who also benefit greatly in terms of glories and substances. Without the state's supports some of them probably would've farming somewhere in the never lands.

Chinese athletes should be thankful for their country's supports and spending vast resources to develop their unique talents and at the end results they are the ones who also benefit greatly in terms of glories and substances. Without the state's supports some of them probably would've farming somewhere in the never lands.

that's very true,most of China's Olympic champions are from very poor families,kids from poor families value more about every opportunity presented to them and can endure a lot.

that's very true,most of China's Olympic champions are from very poor families,kids from poor families value more about every opportunity presented to them and can endure a lot.

SO there are poor families in China. First time acceptance here. I congratulate you for that courage

So that answers my question. The state/party is directly involved.

Tell us how please - I am genuinely interested to know how the sports system in your country works.

Tell us how please - I am genuinely interested to know how the sports system in your country works.

Party is involved in every Chinese person's every decision including numbers of Children one can have.

Did I ever say there are no poor families in China?link please.

Not you. Your Chinese counterparts are hopping India for poverty. They behave like that there is no single below [poverty line person in China.

in that case ,yes,the government is involved,athletic training schools are part of China's education systems,and most Chinese schools are government owned,there are so athletic training schools opened and privately owned by some famous retired sports stars,very often by some Olympic champions,but they cost you an arm and leg to get into them.

in that case ,yes,the government is involved,athletic training schools are part of China's education systems,and most Chinese schools are government owned,there are so athletic training schools opened and privately owned by some famous retired sports stars,very often by some Olympic champions,but they cost you an arm and leg to get into them.

(1) So these athletic schools, are they schools where you have all basic subjects also taught, with a high degree of specialization in your chosen sport, or are they extra/in addition to your regular academic school, and you attend it after regular school hours?

(2) What is the process of getting into one of these schools? Do you apply open form system and the parents are interviewed and child is put through various tests OR is the child picked out of normal regular schools by the talent spotters you spoke of? I understand that money and connections is a third avenue, but that is everywhere.

12 years basic education is compulsory in China,but your athletic speciality will give you a better chance to go into good universities.

So these athletic schools are for sports only - they are not like regular schools?

At this level, sports is a full time thing.

I dont think a kid can go to normal regular school AND become an Olympian.

So these athletic schools are for sports only - they are not like regular schools?

At this level, sports is a full time thing.

I dont think a kid can go to normal regular school AND become an Olympian.

sports schools,musical schools,dancing schools,army schools..they all have to follow Chinese education syllabus and take uniform national entrance exam for the universities.the time they have to spend on regular courses and training is usually half anf half.

Torchered on kids are done world wide but theres difference between
legal and illegal.... In world its illegal but in china its legal and allowed by chinese goverment. Infact they fund it.... And thats what makes china different. if india does that by goverments approval then am sure india will be on 2nd to 3rd.... infact our many players starts taking training at age even 30.... Mary kom 5 time world champion started at mid age and picked really well.... Abhinav bindra started shooting just like that when he visited a camp and he loved it.... in india u wont see kids taking training. They busy studing.... Saina started playing at school age but that too for fun and then she picked up fast to be world no.5.... i think this olympic china's image took hit by controversies. Why it wont? Afterall its the brits hosting the olympic.... The advantage brits had is that india and china both dont support each other while brits and american works together.... Thats why both china and india takes hit by idiotic brits.... Anyway this olympic will be remember for bad things. loved to see every news channels of world making fun of london olympic....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom