What's new

How can Pakistan Navy defend itself from Brahmos cruse missile ?

but IN don't have NCW..............and therefore it cannot take out pakistani missile ............great logic

may be pakistans NCW capability is more than IN NCW capability

yeap pakistan can take out indian missile ..............but india missile cannot put a dent to all mighty pn i agree:agree::agree::agree:

IN will have to fight far from its bases and coastline and PN will be defending its bases and coastline there is a difference here. Both forces will have their pro & cons in any future war.

IN is not USN they can not bring whole fleet to blockade Pakistan as others will be watching too and IN leadership is not fools they know that after messing up in South China sea they can't let their guards down in east too.

Alhumdullilah i am indian this is the told to me by former PN navy guy .he is my friend but hardly share any thing i just force him to tell me how you defend against brahmos.

Guys
Are you really an Indian?? :what:

The points you posted are nearly the same what PN guys told me on F-22P, when I visited it last year.

Alhumdullilah i am indian this is the told to me by former PN navy guy .he is my friend but hardly share any thing i just force him to tell me how you defend against brahmos.

Guys

Basically they don't fear brahmos they fear longer range system with IN can strike without being coming in range of PAF & PN and on that they are working, PN may soon have 500+ km range coastal missile defense system.

PN & PAF now share their assets in coastal areas due to step by step integration of NCW capability and PAF will deploy LY-80-E & SPADA MR-SAMs to protect Karachi.

This has been happening for ages..in the Past also defence of Karachi naval base was the responsibility of the two adjoining PAF bases.

In 1971 also it was PAF aircrafts which were deployed to sink the Indian missile boat which had attacked Karachi, unfortunately not only were they not able to stop the attack on Karchi, they ended up firing on Pakistani Naval vessel itself.
PN & PAF have trained with USN on how to strike ACC protected by heavy / dense air defense.

That is a null logic, Indian navy trains with US navy every alternate year, they must be masters of defending aircraft carriers.

SPADA 2000 has 60km tracking range and 25 km missile range against an approaching aircraft, it is similar Akash missile system.

One of the reason Indian navy did not opt for
indigenous Akash missile, rather went for Barak NG.

It is insufficient to protect against enemy stand of weapons...like air launched Brahmos or KH series.

Plus Pakistan only has ten batteries of Spada, will PAF give priority to air defence of it bases or Pakistan navy harbours?

If pakistan can modify babur with some kind of mid course guide with awacs for pakistan that will be cheaper and easily attainable with chinese help.
and i know any system IN has with long distance missile right now.

Basically they don't fear brahmos they fear longer range system with IN can strike without being coming in range of PAF & PN and on that they are working, PN may soon have 500+ km range coastal missile defense system.

This has been happening for ages..in the Past also defence of Karachi naval base was the responsibility of the two adjoining PAF bases.

In 1971 also it was PAF aircrafts which were deployed to sink the Indian missile boat which had attacked Karachi, unfortunately not only were they not able to stop the attack on Karchi, they ended up firing on Pakistani Naval vessel itself.

That is a null logic, Indian navy trains with US navy every alternate year, they must be masters of defending aircraft carriers.

SPADA 2000 has 60km tracking range and 25 km missile range against an approaching aircraft, it is similar Akash missile system.

One of the reason Indian navy did not opt for
indigenous Akash missile, rather went for Barak NG.

It is insufficient to protect against enemy stand of weapons...like air launched Brahmos or KH series.

Plus Pakistan only has ten batteries of Spada, will PAF give priority to air defence of it bases or Pakistan navy harbours?

PAF base Masroor in Karachi is at sea and it is main base and if MR-SAMs are deployed there they can help PN installations too as majority of PN & PAF installations are near to each other or embedded. SPADA will be complemented with LY-80E MR-SAM which are recently purchased from China and long range radars will detect the targets SAM radars will only work when target is near their envelope.

IN will have to fight far from its bases and coastline and PN will be defending its bases and coastline there is a difference here. Both forces will have their pro & cons in any future war.

IN is not USN they can not bring whole fleet to blockade Pakistan as others will be watching too and IN leadership is not fools they know that after messing up in South China sea they can't let their guards down in east too.

One does not need to deploy an entire fleet to blockade a port, just a couple of audacious attacks , sinking of a few navy ships, a few merchant ships, in the vicinity of port is enough to scare off all merchant vessels away...and the port is effectively closed for business.

PN what is that...half rusted ships and a few decent subs :woot:.
You guys should just scrap the PN and just have a coast guard..for all the good the PN is going to do you in a conflict. At least you would save a few dollars to plough back into your moribund economy.
save some dollars and build toilet

If pakistan can modify babur with some kind of mid course guide with awacs for pakistan that will be cheaper and easily attainable with chinese help.
and i know any system IN has with long distance missile right now.

Well it is said that work is in progress as US also uses anti ship version of Tomahawk and it is very effective system ,also it will be cheap to built a nasalized anti ship version of it as it is not very difficult as China have huge experience building such systems.

One does not need to deploy an entire fleet to blockade a port, just a couple of audacious attacks , sinking of a few navy ships, a few merchant ships, in the vicinity of port is enough to scare off all merchant vessels away...and the port is effectively closed for business.

In any future conflict it will be not easy to do that for both sides as situational awareness is now very high on both sides and both sides can response rapidly.

PAF base Masroor in Karachi is at sea and it is main base and if MR-SAMs are deployed there they can help PN installations too as majority of PN & PAF installations are near to each other or embedded. SPADA will be complemented with LY-80E MR-SAM which are recently purchased from China and long range radars will detect the targets SAM radars will only work when target is near their envelope.

Well days off gravity bombings are in the past, stand off weapons are used against base defenses..a Mig 29 taking of 200 NM from Karachi or Gwadar will not even have get in range of Pakistani base defenses to attack these bases.

Well days off gravity bombings are in the past, stand off weapons are used against base defenses..a Mig 29 taking of 200 NM from Karachi or Gwadar will not even have get in range of Pakistani base defenses to attack these bases.

If one accept your point then same can be done by PAF as they have plenty of standoff weapons of various types.

If one accept your point then same can be done by PAF as they have plenty of standoff weapons of various types.

Offcourse PAF can attempt it, but most of India's biggest Naval bases are out side PAF's reach, be that be Vizag,Port Blair, Karwar or Mumbai or Cochin.

PAF can hit small jetties in Gujarat, as they have done in the past but, thats about it.

And Pakistan navy does not have an aircraft carrier, that it can transport these fighter near its target.

Offcourse PAF can attempt it, but most of India's biggest Naval bases are out side PAF's reach, be that be Vizag,Port Blair, Karwar or Mumbai or Cochin.

PAF can hit small jetties in Gujarat, as they have done in the past but, thats about it.

And Pakistan navy does not have an aircraft carrier, that it can transport these fighter near its target.

PAF can hit key areas which will hamper ops against Pakistan and PN will use SLCM to take out long distance targets like Vizag etc. although they may not be needed to attack.

The scenario you said is only possible if PAF is destroyed or damage to 50% of its air crafts.

PAF can hit key areas which will hamper ops against Pakistan and PN will use SLCM to take out long distance targets like Vizag etc. although they may not be needed to attack.

SLCMs to attack Vizag?
Last time you sent a submarine that far from its home base , we all know what to it.

Pakistani SLCM have 120 Km range, which is not that great to begin with, offcourse Pakistani submarines are a threat, but the amount of damage, they can inflict on Indian navy or Indian naval bases is still very limited..compared to what IN submarine fleet can do on Pakistani Navy or its bases.

Back
Top Bottom