What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

Here you are mixing two things togather which are complements (rather prerequsitis to be precise), If detection of mere crusie missile is near impossible (as you put it) then why would there be efforts to add radar evasion techniques like Terrain Hugging and Design shaping? Brahmos being a supersonic missile has two critical weaknesses 1) it can not use tarrain hugging thus flying at higher altitude exposes it to greater radar coverage (both air and ground based) and secondly being supersonic it looses manuverbility. The Sam systems of this age have Mach 3-4 capability.

it flies below 10 meters BrahMos is primarily designed for the anti ship role as navy needed to replace older sea hawk missiles i dont even know how BrahMos got involved into the topic..... but its supersonic speed makes it detectable but nearly impossible to intercept because 1) flies at low altitude and 2) its speed of mach 2.8 to 3.0

you clearly do not know of BrahMos capability read up on it then post on it please. but its design is meant to sink surface combatants at sea like destroyers and frigates.

Nirbhay will be our land attack terrain hugging stealth cruise missile which will be designed to be undetectable and impossible to intercept we have another cruise missile called the LRCM which will be a long range supersonic cruise missile

anyways i'm done talking about BrahMos that is a different topic for a different thread discuss how you guys will be able to defeat our ABM

i don't understand 1 thing ... ki Yeh sub apun lyon bata rahein hai( why we are talking abt this)

it flies below 10 meters BrahMos is primarily designed for the anti ship role as navy needed to replace older sea hawk missiles i dont even know how BrahMos got involved into the topic..... but its supersonic speed makes it detectable but nearly impossible to intercept because 1) flies at low altitude and 2) its speed of mach 2.8 to 3.0

you clearly do not know of BrahMos capability read up on it then post on it please. but its design is meant to sink surface combatants at sea like destroyers and frigates.
Well what can i expect, I guess you got the correct medicine.

Nirbhay will be our land attack terrain hugging stealth cruise missile which will be designed to be undetectable and impossible to intercept we have another cruise missile called the LRCM which will be a long range supersonic cruise missile
anyways...........
anyways i'm done talking about BrahMos that is a different topic for a different thread discuss how you guys will be able to defeat our ABM
depends upon 1) when ABM will be online 2)how much will it be able to cover and 3) how effective it will be are the first three things first to be explored before we start discussing the defeat of this system

1. missles going at mach 3 can be intercepted
2. other system like c-803 also have terminal velocity of 2-3 mach
3. its gives its positon very early in its intial flight

its advantage is the time it takes to reach its target

lmfao. Brahmos flies below 10 meters and flies over a speed of mach 2.8 and is very maneuverable...
At this low altitude, the missile MUST have terrain-avoidance (TA) algorithms, which are much more complex than terrain-following (TF) algorithms.

What TF does is to send climb-dive commands to the flight control system (FLCS). When the missile climb, there will be nothing above the missile, when the missile dive, there will be a 'constant' -- the Earth -- for the missile to consider. It is a 'constant' for obvious reason: the Earth will always be there.

The TA algorithms are much different. What TA algorithms does is to set a limit on how high the missile is allowed to climb. If the terrain projection -- a hill or mountain -- ahead is taller than that altitude limit, then the TF 'climb' command will not occur. The missile's radar and programmed map system will determine the turn rate based upon the map's information about the terrain projection, as in how 'wide' is that hill, if there are any other projections nearby that would 'intrude' into the turn, crashing the missile, and if such a companion hill exist, the TA algorithms must create a new turn command with a new turn rate and FLCS surface deflections. All anyone has to do is look at the typical topographic style of map to see that NOT all terrain across the world are the same.

The more complex the terrain as in map programming, the more flexible and more responsive the TA algorithms must be and that complexity depends very much on hardware. This is why the simpler TF capability came before more complex TA capability. The more complex the terrain for TA algorithms, the greater the need for high vehicle robustness to anticipate those turns, especially at supersonic speed, and the greater the speed, the greater the need for the missile's radar to look further ahead to see the changing terrain projections and its rapid approach.

If the Brahmos is truly capable of flying at 10m and below and with terrain avoidance (TA) capability at supersonic speed, then this is indeed a very commendable technical achievement for India.

...do you even have any kind of SAM or capable radar to intercept this? i doubt it your AWACS primary role is for early warning against our aircraft even if you detect a BrahMos missile you won't be able to react quick enough because by the time you get wind of it the missile will have reached its targets we have already deployed block 3 in west Kashmir

i never said it can't be intercepted i am just saying Pakistan doesn't have anything to intercept it with you can see where it is but you can't stop it from hitting its target ;)
This is a valid argument...

Horizon calculator - radar and visual

The longer the radar horizon, the greater the response time for the defense. Plug in various combinations of altitude for h1 (attacker) and for h2 (defense) and see the horizon distance. Keep in mind that an AWACS (h2) is often at 10k meters altitude, giving the defense over 400km of radar horizon distance.

i don't understand 1 thing ... ki Yeh sub apun lyon bata rahein hai( why we are talking abt this)
well buddy this matter is important for both countries so dont be amused as an indian posting a thread on this :offtopic:

1. missles going at mach 3 can be intercepted
yes but u need more velocity interceptor missile above mach 6-7 to intercept it currently US's SEA RAM is capable of intercepting supersonic cruise missile ,well aster 30 & barak 2 also has the capabilty
2. other system like c-803 also have terminal velocity of 2-3 mach
yes but it lacks terrain hugging capabilty like brahmos block II & III missile so it only has limited land attack capability against coastal targets
3. its gives its positon very early in its intial flight
but it's speed compensates it
its advantage is the time it takes to reach its target
and also its higher kinetic impact against harderned target

If the Brahmos is truly capable of flying at 10m and below and with terrain avoidance (TA) capability at supersonic speed, then this is indeed a very commendable technical achievement for India.
well this is only supersonic cruise missile ,indian & russian are going for hypersonic brahmos ,i would join u in the above statement if india & russia manage to do it for hypersonic one which looks next to impossible :fie:

i am amazed that indians are thinking to catch bugati veryon with an old bycle.....because pakistan have hypersonic missiles

shaheen missile latest varient speed mach 25+ (some sources said 20+)
gauri missile latest varient speed mach 15-20
infact most of the Pakistani missile arsenal consists of mach 10+

indians prithvi ABM maximun speed mach 3-5
infact indian whole missile defence system cant exceed 5 mach

i am amazed that indians are thinking to catch bugati veryon with an old bycle.....because pakistan have hypersonic missiles

You have good sense of humor! Please tell people that you are joking before you crack a joke, It would be helpful for others to laugh!

It seems Pakistani missiles are 300yrs ahead of Russian, US and Chinese missiles. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mate you are comparing of basaltic missiles with cruise missile..

You have good sense of humor! Please tell people that you are joking before you crack a joke, It would be helpful for others to laugh!

IMO he does not know or is being mislead by some mullah science.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom