What's new

How are street dogs treated in Pakistan?

You would generally see a mother dog being treated nicely by everyone across India (anyone who is a human does that).

And how are cats treated in India ? Cats are almost extinct in India because of India's 35+ million stray dogs ( a number from some years ago ). All thanks to that vile woman Maneka Gandhi who declared from her government ministerialship in the late 1990s that stray dogs would not be eliminated by municipal authorities anymore.

Result : Gangs of dogs tearing apart people, rabies, dog gangs getting into poorly guarded hospitals and taking away newly born infants, criminal doctors feeding illegally aborted human female fetuses to dogs to easily dispose of them, noise and chaos, and of course the almost-extinct status of cats.

Mostly, no stray dog in India goes hungry while there are humans in India dying of hunger. Are BJP and its middle class supporters bothered ?

Except in a few places like Kerala they are fighting back this serious menace posed by dogs.

An ideal city is where humans and cats co-exist in harmony. Watch this trailer of a documentary film called Kedi about the cats of Istanbul. Imagine if Indian cities had cats instead of dogs. All that general wisdom and calmness of cats.

I say, eradicate all stray dogs.

In Karachi, stray dogs growing population is a problem

Every place that has a Western-tolerated capitalist "democracy" system has the nuisance of stray dogs. Dogs in general. All stray dogs must be eradicated.

Keep calm and kill the dog.

Last edited:
I have seen many here in Karachi abusing dogs and throwing stones on them without even realizing that these stones could be fatal for dogs. Thing is nobody understands. They are very few kind people who feed dogs. I feed them too. I feed stray dogs. I have seen them dying and I know the pain. I feel sorry for this society because in general, we aren't even human beings. I have tried to raise this dog issue within my local society but met with threats, assassination threats etc. I have seen people walking past a dog who is dying. There is no humanity. Our aalims or religious figures in mosques teach us every lesson in Friday sermon but nobody talks about dogs and how to treat them. You can't throw stones on dogs. They die painfully but remember, one day you will also die painfully.
Thanks for the honest answer man...I really commend you for raising your voice for those poor creatures...Your answer really made me sad..on the other hand it is also asssuring and heartening to know that there are still good people with kind heart like you in Pakistan. May Your tribe increase there.
There is a famous saying of Mahatma Gandhi.
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
And how are cats treated in India ? Cats are almost extinct in India because of India's 35+ million stray dogs ( a number from some years ago ). All thanks to that vile woman Maneka Gandhi who declared from her government ministerialship in the late 1990s that stray dogs would not be eliminated by municipal authorities anymore.

Result : Gangs of dogs tearing apart people, rabies, dog gangs getting into poorly guarded hospitals and taking away newly born infants, criminal doctors feeding illegally aborted human female fetuses to dogs to easily dispose of them, noise and chaos, and of course the almost-extinct status of cats.

Mostly, no stray dog in India goes hungry while there are humans in India dying of hunger. Are BJP and its middle class supporters bothered ?

Except in a few places like Kerala they are fighting back this serious menace posed by dogs.

An ideal city is where humans and cats co-exist in harmony. Watch this trailer of a documentary film called Kedi about the cats of Istanbul. Imagine if Indian cities had cats instead of dogs. All that general wisdom and calmness of cats.

I say, eradicate all stray dogs.

Every place that has a Western-tolerated capitalist "democracy" system has the nuisance of stray dogs. Dogs in general. All stray dogs must be eradicated.

Keep calm and kill the dog.
Man,I really don't understand your irrational and unreasonable hatred for dogs. I don't know from where you have brought up this fact that cats population is going extinct...that maybe the case in bangalore where you are living because of expanding of the city. I could see enough cats around me.
There is one dalit community that eat cats. They trap the cats , kill and eat them. I am sure you have come across those people(generally those people in my city buys old books,beer bottles, old materials made of metals by going roaming around the streets on bicycles or a push cart)..That might also be one of the reasons for declining cat population in your city.
It's true that dogs chase cats but rarely does any dog manage to catch the cat succesfully,,,most of the times cats manage to escape by climbing walls and trees. I have never seen a dog killing a cat...I am sure no PDFer has ever come across killing of a cat by a dog except you.
Many hindus raise cats. Nearly every hindu must have fed a cat at some point of time in his life...however cats are not so friendly and dont trust humans easily... feed a dog once and it comes to you wagging its tail every time it sees you..it will show all its love,loyalty and affection to you.
Feed a cat..it will eat and just f@k off from your house . It won't return to you unless it is hungry again.They don't trust humans easily...This is also one of the reasons humans don't prefer cats as much as dogs.

P.S: I remember you once told that your cat was killed by a dog.. I can empathise with you man..but it's not fair to hate dogs simply because your cat was killed by a dog..suppose tomorrow you started growing a rat...will you hate cats if a cat happens to kill your rat?:p::woot:

Last edited:
Man,I really don't understand your irrational and unreasonable hatred for dogs. I don't know from where you have brought up this fact that cats population is going extinct...that maybe the case in bangalore where you are living because of expanding of the city. I could see enough cats around me.

There is one dalit community that eat cats. They trap the cats , kill and eat them. I am sure you have come across those people(generally those people in my city buys old books,beer bottles, old materials made of metals by going roaming around the streets on bicycles or a push cart)..That might also be one of the reasons for declining cat population in your city.

It's true that dogs chase cats but rarely does any dog manage to catch the cat succesfully,,,most of the times cats manage to escape by climbing walls and trees. I have never seen a dog killing a cat...I am sure every PDFer has also never come across killing of a cat by a dog except you.
Many hindus raise cats. Nearly every hindu must have fed a cat at some point of time in his life...however cats are not so friendly and dont trust humans easily... feed a dog once and it comes to you wagging its tail every time it sees you..it will show all its love,loyalty and affection to you.
Feed a cat..it will eat and just f@ks off from your house . It won't return to you unless it is hungry again.They don't trust humans easily...This is also one of the reasons cats not loved by humans as much they love dogs.

1. Show me pictures of cats happily lazing around in public places from all over India. Remember, they should be as numerous as the five-dogs-per-street scene we see in India. Actually just show me cats from all over India.

2. I don't live in Bangalore. I will just say, Deccan.

3. I know through my late father ( he had lived in Madras in his younger years ) that there is a community from Tamil Nadu whom he called Korcha who eat cats. I don't know if they are Dalits. But the Korchas alone cannot be the reason for cats not being visible all over India.

4. Dogs coordinate and kills cats by trapping them. And kill by torture, biting into the stomach, again and again. Adult cats take a longer time to die and they make the saddest sound that I have heard. Dogs from different streets who normally are antagonistic with each other, come together to kill a cat. And dogs have different sounds to indicate to each other if they have seen a cat in the middle of a road or up a tree or behind a compound and so on. All of this I know from years of personal experience.

5. Sorry but you are naive about the nature of cats and dogs. At one point I had seven cats ( four babies and three adults ) living in a house I had constructed for them on my terrace. Dog being "Man's best friend" is a myth. I will quote this article about certain twisted doctors in Beed town in Maharashtra keeping dogs so that the doctors can dispose off illegally aborted human female fetuses :
Some doctors in Beed are disposing of female foetuses by feeding them to dogs in order to destroy evidence of female foeticide.

The shocking revelation was made by Varsha Deshpande of Lek Ladki Abhiyan, an NGO working against the practice.

Maharashtra's Public Health Minister Suresh Shetty also admitted he had heard of foetuses thrown to the dogs in Beed.

Deshpande's allegation is significant as Beed in Marathwada has the worst child sex ratio - 801 girls being born per 1,000 boys (2011 census) - in Maharashtra.

The low percentage of females is attributed to rampant female infanticide in the area.

Last Friday, Vijaymala Patekar (28), was admitted to Dr Sudam Munde's abortion clinic in Beed when she was six months pregnant. She had four daughters and did not want another. But while her pregnancy was being terminated, she died.

The police have arrested Munde and his wife, but Deshpande said the couple were held earlier too for the same offence and will go scot-free again because of their money power and influence.

"We don't want this case to be tried in Beed or Marathwada. Let the case be tried somewhere outside as they wield too much influence for the trial to be fair," she said.

Deshpande claimed her organisation had conducted a sting operation on the doctor in 2010, in which he openly talked about how he was aborting female foetuses and feeding them to his five dogs.

It was then that the police had arrested him, but he was released soon and continued with his activities.

"A person even saw a foetus being fed to the animals. This is known to everyone in Beed, but the police are not taking action as Munde is influential," Deshpande said.

She added that some other doctors in Beed kept dogs for the same purpose - to avoid the hassle of disposing of the bodies.

Health Minister Shetty said: "I have heard of the practice but have no evidence."

He added that since the local police seemed to be under a lot of "pressure", he had decided to ask the crime branch to investigate the latest case.

Substantiating Deshpande's account of the kind of clout enjoyed by Munde, Shetty said: "Our civil surgeon who had gone to investigate Munde's hospital was locked up in a room by some goons. They even abused her and asked her to go away."

The minister said the surgeon while trying to take action against such doctors had been facing threats for more than a year. "We have asked the home department to provide security for our staff," he said.

6. The quote from this 2016 article about Bombay :
In March, the civic authorities in one of India's richest cities made a startling disclosure in the country's top court: dog bites in Mumbai had killed more people in 20 years than the two deadly terror attacks in the city - the 1993 serial blasts and the 26/11 attack in 2008.

According to the municipality's petition in the Supreme Court, 434 people had died from rabies - a fatal viral infection which is almost 100% preventable - transmitted by dogs between 1994 and 2015. (In comparison, the two attacks killed 422 people.) More than 1.3 million people had been bitten by dogs in the city during the same period.

Animal rights groups say the comparison with terror attacks is alarmist hyperbole. But in a country where courts are struggling with a chronic backlog of more than 30 million cases, it is intriguing that the top court has been grappling with the issue of stray - or free roaming dogs - and rabies.
The two pics below are from the above article. The first being from Srinagar, Kashmir :

_89610721_straydogsinsrinagar-1.jpg

_89610722_mudasirahmadwangnooaclass4studentwasattackedby30dogsonjan21leaving125bitesonhisbody.hisconditionisunstable...jpg

1. Show me pictures of cats happily lazing around in public places from all over India. Remember, they should be as numerous as the five-dogs-per-street scene we see in India. Actually just show me cats from all over India.

2. I don't live in Bangalore. I will just say, Deccan.

3. I know through my late father ( he had lived in Madras in his younger years ) that there is a community from Tamil Nadu whom he called Korcha who eat cats. I don't know if they are Dalits. But the Korchas alone cannot be the reason for cats not being visible all over India.

4. Dogs coordinate and kills cats by trapping them. And kill by torture, biting into the stomach, again and again. Adult cats take a longer time to die and they make the saddest sound that I have heard. Dogs from different streets who normally are antagonistic with each other, come together to kill a cat. And dogs have different sounds to indicate to each other if they have seen a cat in the middle of a road or up a tree or behind a compound and so on. All of this I know from years of personal experience.

5. Sorry but you are naive about the nature of cats and dogs. At one point I had seven cats ( four babies and three adults ) living in a house I had constructed for them on my terrace. Dog being "Man's best friend" is a myth. I will quote this article about certain twisted doctors in Beed town in Maharashtra keeping dogs so that the doctors can dispose off illegally aborted human female fetuses :

6. The quote from this 2016 article about Bombay :

The two pics below are from the above article. The first being from Srinagar, Kashmir :

_89610721_straydogsinsrinagar-1.jpg

_89610722_mudasirahmadwangnooaclass4studentwasattackedby30dogsonjan21leaving125bitesonhisbody.hisconditionisunstable...jpg
Dogs are by nature hunters..they may have been domesticated but that instinct is still present in them...a dog which is sane doesnt attack humans...only dogs which are affected by rabies go mad and do that...but who is reponsible for that?we humans who have used them for our use for thousands of years and now left them to die of starving.
Cats atttack rats..dogs attack cats...you are unnecessarily derailing the thread brother.

Ahhh....so emotional and touching....i think i felt a tear roll down my cheek.
First make an attempt to treat your Dalits better than the dogs.
While some in Pakistan may keep dogs as a pet but only in India they make them their Jija Ji.
BTW, this is a Pakistan defence forum, not your Times of India to post such garbage.

A nation where people are lynched for having a burger
A nation where even Hindus are persecuted for being the wrong caste.
A nation where the raw anger over the last 18 months is clear for all to see and they start a sh1t thread like this trying to show us how loving caring their nation is. What a load of bollax?
How street dogs are treated in Pakistan can be discussed without religious arguments for the needful. Ignore these statements.

@aryadravida

Consider yourself notified.

You know the intent - you know why this thread was started - yet you continue to offer the warnings bro. He is now sniggering at you. Please my dear soft nice brother - harden up

Man, I swear...I am not lying....I don't know whether kids in pakistan play this game of throwing stones at lizards or not...it happens all over india and muslim kids believe it is related to their religion...you can ask any indian on this forum....I am not spreading misinformation...maybe those kids and teens are misinformed
You're more or less right. Pakistani kids do play this game, except not with lizards. We used to play it with Indians.

And we didn't use stones. Because it was meant to be fun, we used to throw little fluffy bits of pain-free cotton candy, only they were wrapped in a solid material that looked and felt and hurt like stone.

Fond memories.

stray dogs can be dangerous, and looking at the homeless and poor population of Pakistan, where kids sleep on streets, i'd say kill them before they attack some kid , a human life is more precious than every dog every animal .

brother i have edited my original post...my intention was just to highlight the reason behind the behaviour of that public....moreoever,I was curious to know that how Pakistanis being people who share the same religion as kashmiris,treat their street dogs..in that context I had to mention the religion.

Your obsession with Pakistan is obvious.
Your intent is clear. Several weeks ago - an Indian was attempting to eat a dead dog that had been run over in the road - do you want me to put the video up? Does that mean all Indians behave in this a manner - even when starving?
Thats the depth of your ignorant argument. You cant take the action of a few to be common to the 200 million. Why is your obsession so deep? Anything to spread or put down the host nation of the site is your primary obsession. Stop it - its getting boring and monotonous.

I said," are you a human or a demon? Why are you throwing stones and killing them like a devil?"

You didn't say the same when humans were burnt alive in Delhi this year in February

That is what we call "chaar aanai ki humanity"

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh..didn't know that...anyway generally muslims don't quote or follow this hadeeth.
Only the following hadeeth is known to people and based on this hadith I assume people in that video were treating the puppies cruelly.

Maimuna reported that one morning Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) was silent with grief. Maimuna said: Allaah's Messenger, I find a change in your mood today. Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said: Gabriel had promised me that he would meet me tonight, but he did not meet me. By Allaah, he never broke his promises, and Allaah's Messenger (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) spent the day in this sad (mood). Then it occurred to him that there had been a puppy under their cot. He commanded and it was turned out. He then took some water in his hand and sprinkled it at that place. When it was evening Gabriel met him and he said to him: you promised me that you would meet me the previous night. He said: Yes, but we do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture. Then on that very morning he commanded the killing of the dogs until he announced that the dog kept for the orchards should also be killed, but he spared the dog meant for the protection of extensive fields (or big gardens)

Sahi Muslim , Book 24 : 5248

Dogs are not mistreated here....of course there maybe some children throwing stones at them here and there..but that's not everywhere....no Indian(hindu) would beat or harass a dog that has just given birth to puppies.
everything is best referred back to the Quran and there is nothing negative in narration on dogs in the Quran.

That doesn’t mean that Cats aren’t preferred over dogs due to the general cleanliness but at no point is animal cruelty condoned even towards swine - anything contrary is because of the character of the person themselves, not due to religion.

For the love of all of Gods creations, please do not harm any animal. Remember Prophet Muhammad PBUH , he moved the army from the road as a dog was feeding her babies, and didnt want to disturb. Allah will have ten times more mercy when you take care of its creation.

Pakistanis are by large compassionate about animals and their rights.

The recent issue with stray dogs and increased cases of rabies in Sindh is the reason why stray dogs are being culled.

I hope the Indian now has a better understanding of the news reported to him through WhatsApp propaganda network of RSS.

Dogs are by nature hunters..they may have been domesticated but that instinct is still present in them...a dog which is sane doesnt attack humans...only dogs which are affected by rabies go mad and do that...but who is reponsible for that?we humans who have used them for our use for thousands of years and now left them to die of starving.
Cats atttack rats..dogs attack cats...you are unnecessarily derailing the thread brother.

My Indian brother, I ask you to be more thoughtful. You are correct that dogs by nature are hunters, actually pack / gang hunters, but you are wrong that only the rabid among them attack humans. Look at this pet German Shepard dog attacking a little girl in Ahmedabad in 2014. Surely this dog wasn't rabid.

And you are saying that dogs in India go hungry. Really ? I have said in my first post on this thread that no stray dog goes hungry in India while humans die of hunger ! About a year ago I have quarreled with a stupid woman in my neighborhood who used to cook rice for dogs, put that into many plastic packets, go around the neighborhood on her scooter and leave those packets at street corners for dogs to eat. And then there used to be cases of unthinking people neighborhoods quarreling with municipality dog catchers who come in vans. How do you think India's stray dog population grew to 35+ million since the late 1990s ?

As for your point about cats attacking rats, well, the medieval Europeans used to torture and kill cats. The rat population grew and then Europe was rewarded with The Plague.

Cats are an essential element in a society that is evolved. Do you think India with its 35+ million stray dogs is an evolved and harmonious society ? I have neighbors who have dogs and they have become habituated and deaf to the constant loud barking of their dogs and don't even care about the peace of mind of others. A society that tolerates the noisy, chaotic, dirty and cruel nature of dogs will not blink an eyelid when confronted with facts of injustices like 300,000+ farmers having committed suicide just between 1995 and 2015.

A proper society with law, order and harmony will make place for cats because cats are generally wise and gentle. You can guess what India is with its 35+ million stray dogs.

Lastly, here is the Russian revolutionary leader Lenin with a cat :

4848.jpg

Last edited:
Dogs are mainly ignored. Their will obviously be Animal abuse in every country but animals can't call the police, so we can't know how many cases their are. Unfortunately, we don't have the money to sterilize dogs so we sometimes have to do population control. Inshallah when we build our country back and recover from the looting of Nawaz Sharif we will be able to sterilize them.

Dogs are mainly ignored. Their will obviously be Animal abuse in every country but animals can't call the police, so we can't know how many cases their are. Unfortunately, we don't have the money to sterilize dogs so we sometimes have to do population control. Inshallah when we build our country back and recover from the looting of Nawaz Sharif we will be able to sterilize them.

Sterilization doesn't take away the tendency of dogs to attack humans and cats.

The thing would be to remove them from society.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom