What's new

How accurate do you think Global Fire Power is?

Compared to India ROK has massive industrial capability , if i am correct ROK doesn't import majority of her arms.

But major problem is , ROK doesn't have strategic depth, just like Israel or Singapore , if the enemy forces breach beyond a point, her entire war industries and infrastructure come under range of enemy seige.

For India however, even if somehow entire northern India is under enemy siege, Indian troops can retreat to Southern India and organize a massive counterattack.

Don't waste time on them. They are very curious to wage a war againest Vietnam, India, Korea, Japan, etc. etc. And most important thing they got paid to vomit venom here .

Numerical superiority as the only factor is obsolete in terms of modern warfare.

Iraq is a good example.

Both India and China are decades behind the West in terms of military capabilities.

Every weapon will be obsolete infront of US..... im talking about strategic importance.... India is only one country can give that advantage to US over China.... And US itself can't use all of its advanced weapons....

Globalfirepower is just full of crap. Its entirely based on quantity and not quality.

I posted my personnal list several times but here it is...

1.USA
2.Russia
3.China
4.India
5.France
6.S.Korea
7.Turkey
8.G.Britain
9.Israel
10.Pakistan

the Top 10 military power ac cross globe according to me

1.US
2.China
3.Russia
4.France
5.India
6.UK
7.Pakistan
8.Brazil
9.Japan
10.Israel

Note> i have ranked France above India only because they have blue water navy and have M 51 SLBMs

I have ranked UK below India despite having trident SLBMs as they don't have blue water navy and are suffering budget problems

Don't waste time on them. They are very curious to wage a war againest Vietnam, India, Korea, Japan, etc. etc. And most important thing they got paid to vomit venom here .

Look who's talking, every post you made is to spread venom against China, except you don't get paid for them. For 5 posts a day I'm out of the poverty line ( I'm paid in USD ) but for you they only add to your angers.

Everyone below top 10 are basically pacifist countries with a military that present no threat to others.

1. US
2. Russia
3. China
4. Korea <= The reason I place Korea here is because Korea is the last country of the list whose army could battle 1 million PLA troops and win.
5. India <= Very strong airforce, and a good navy. but army is lacking.

6. Japan <= Japan has a top class navy second only to the US, but the ground force is a joke so Japan can't project power.
7. Israel
8. France
9. Turkey
10. Germany

are u mad bro???? S.KOREA above India???...........:lol:.......and you say that we have a weak army??:lol: but people in pdf instead say that our army is our main strength........but still read these articles and u will get a breif idea of what india is capable of-
Indian Armed Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indian Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My standard is pretty simple; can a nation's military battle 1 million Chinese PLA troops, the standard bad guys of our time, and win? Just three countries can say yes to this question; the US, Russia, and Korea. India may win a limited conflict, but would have trouble stopping the advances of 1 million PLA troops in an all out war.
In this case we should be higher in this list, because that if 1 million PLA fights the EB in places like the Amazon Jungle, Pantanal or the Caatinga, we would win as we are the better trained army on these places while PLA never trained there.
But winning a battle depends from the situation not only training and firepower. Is Vietnam stronger than the US Army because they won the Vietnam War? I don't think so...

1.US
2.China
3.Russia
4.France
5.India
6.UK
7.Pakistan
8.Brazil
9.Japan
10.Israel
We can't be too high because our navy and our airforce are pretty outdated campared with other airforces around the globe.

In this case we should be higher in this list, because that if 1 million PLA fights the EB in places like the Amazon Jungle, Pantanal or the Caatinga, we would win as we are the better trained army on these places while PLA never trained there. But winning a battle depends from the situation not only training and firepower. Is Vietnam stronger than the US Army because they won the Vietnam War? I don't think so...

We can't be too high because our navy and our airforce are pretty outdated campared with other airforces around the globe.

Having gone around the Rio Amazonas basin beyond Manaus and even the Rio Para region, I would agree whole heartedly with the underlined part. Even the Indian Army which trains extensivly in Jungle warfare, will find it hard going there.

GFP comparisons are for a conventional war based solely on each individual nation's capabilities on land, at sea and through the air while including logistical and financial aspects when waging total war.

The final GFP rankings are based on a formula taking some 45 factors into account and compiling totals against each country, applying bonuses and penalties as needed to generate this list.

Here are the 45 factors taken into consideration...

GlobalMilStrengthX.jpg

Pretty comprehensive I must say!
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzhjhCx0XuHbA2TPWCrvvRRtzfkwWVOOD1AZPlaO8GVj1JpA5GUQ

South Korea has a well trained and well equipped military not to mention a very well domestic defense industrial base but putting them above India let alone France is just disconcerting for your mental health for them to rank above France India and even Japan is just laughable.

One valuable information from GFR is that it gives detail numbers on a lot of categories from weapon system to infrastructure, so it is good to compare side by side. Modern wars have to consider economic and logistics.

I think Raykalm's ranking is more convicing although I personally will rank Japan higher, because of the size of their economy, advanced technologies and proved record of fighting wills and skills.

Hmm, after looking into Japan a bit, I think you are right, Japan is highly underestimated. But, how high would you rank Japan? They have an economy the size of China, while having to worry about 1.2 billion less people.

1.) US
2.) Russia
3.) China
4.) India
5.) France
6.) Japan
7.) United Kingdom
8.) Germany
9.) Turkey
10.) Israel
11.) Pakistan
12.) South Korea

This seems a bit more accurate.

Hmm, after looking into Japan a bit, I think you are right, Japan is highly underestimated. But, how high would you rank Japan? They have an economy the size of China, while having to worry about 1.2 billion less people.

1.) US
2.) Russia
3.) China
4.) India
5.) France
6.) Japan
7.) United Kingdom
8.) Germany
9.) Turkey
10.) Israel
11.) Pakistan
12.) South Korea

Total population doesn't matter as much as population density does. China has a far lower population density than Japan.

1.) US
2.) Russia
3.) China
4.) India
5.) France
6.) Japan
7.) United Kingdom
8.) Germany
9.) Turkey
10.) Israel
11.) Pakistan
12.) South Korea

Good 1 but I'll Put Pak above Turkey ...& Israel above PAK & Turkey ... Pakistan is a battle hardened army infact i would say the most experienced Army in world would be US army, Indian army ,Pakistani Army & Israeli army... Chinese have Huge numbers but cant be Compared with Experience of Indian army & Pakistani army ...

Pakistani army & Indian army r enemies best fit to fight each other...Every soldier in both the armies will give there Heart out to defeat each other... the emotions r such high no matter how ill equipped, how ill trained they r ... even the both Airforces r best compared to Chinese... only thing where Pak looses is Navy which is worst ...the Pak navy is a Joke, just meant to surrender ...

My Respect for Pakistan army is such high that i would say if its a limited day war say for 10 days happens... Pakistanis will give a Tougher fight than Chinese...but they will loose eventually due to smaller size & less resources ... & India will Hard hit the chinese but eventually the larger & More equipped will win ...But after that war both countries will reach like they where in there 1940s...both have very efficient government hence will never go for an all out War...

Good 1 but I'll Put Pak above Turkey ...& Israel above PAK & Turkey ... Pakistan is a battle hardened army infact i would say the most experienced Army in world would be US army, Indian army ,Pakistani Army & Israeli army... Chinese have Huge numbers but cant be Compared with Experience of Indian army & Pakistani army ...

Pakistani army & Indian army r enemies best fit to fight each other...Every soldier in both the armies will give there Heart out to defeat each other... the emotions r such high no matter how ill equipped, how ill trained they r ... even the both Airforces r best compared to Chinese... only thing where Pak looses is Navy which is worst ...the Pak navy is a Joke, just meant to surrender ...

My Respect for Pakistan army is such high that i would say if its a limited day war say for 10 days happens... Pakistanis will give a Tougher fight than Chinese...but they will loose eventually due to smaller size & less resources ... & India will Hard hit the chinese but eventually the larger & More equipped will win ...But after that war both countries will reach like they where in there 1940s...both have very efficient government hence will never go for an all out War...

I agree with you that Pakistan Army is battle hardened and can give a tough fight to India but my friend i think you are under estimating the Chinese a little.

They may not have the experience but the weaponry plus the numbers are on their side.They have a disciplined army and are a deadly country to be fighting against.

And yeah experience wise i would put Indian and Pakistani army among the top in the world and better than most European hi-tech armies.

I agree with you that Pakistan Army is battle hardened and can give a tough fight to India but my friend i think you are under estimating the Chinese a little.

They may not have the experience but the weaponry plus the numbers are on their side.They have a disciplined army and are a deadly country to be fighting against.

And yeah experience wise i would put Indian and Pakistani army among the top in the world and better than most European hi-tech armies.

Dude thats what i said ... Pak will give a Tough Fight for India if its a Limited Day war... But eventually will loose... similarly Indians with Superior experience will crush the Chinese at first But eventually the Army with more resources, which is China when Compared to India today... will Prevail ... But even that Victory will be like a Loss for China after all that destruction caused from the Clash of TWO GIANTS...

The West will have real victory here... & About disciplined Army... No army is As disciplined as Indian army... they r not given the respect which they deserve from the political class which treat them like Watchman of a garden ... Still very Loyal toward the Nation... never planned a Coup or even tried to Defend itself from all the abuses they face from the Political Class...

Back
Top Bottom