What's new

How accurate do you think Global Fire Power is?

Let me give you the scenario.

You have 1 million PLA troops amassed across Arunachal Pradesh and Pakistani border with India, and they are charging forward. Can India stop 1 million PLA ground forces with tens of thousands of tanks and hundreds of jets?

Now switching the scenario to Korea, you have 1 million PLA troops amassed across Yalu river ready to cross. Can the ROK troops stop 1 million PLA ground forces? The answer to this question is yes.

Soviets couldn't use nukes. Americans couldn't use nukes. Indians and Chinese won't be using nukes in their 1 million troop battles.

Except some internet troll's... Fighting a war with India is not that much easy as you think..... Anyways, a military conflict between India won't happen in this century.... As both states have one goal, to become a developed state.... China is advanced than India in alot of things... Both fallows different ways.... a military conflict between two giants will results a world war or back to the stone age.... Unlike north korea a rogue state we( India,China) are not.... May be we have differences and that will be in between GoI and CPC (run by politicians), not in between Indians and Chinese.... so nukes won't take part of war....

You have 1 million PLA troops amassed across Arunachal Pradesh and Pakistani border with India, and they are charging forward. Can India stop 1 million PLA ground forces with tens of thousands of tanks and hundreds of jets?

Now switching the scenario to Korea, you have 1 million PLA troops amassed across Yalu river ready to cross. Can the ROK troops stop 1 million PLA ground forces? The answer to this question is yes.

Soviets couldn't use nukes. Americans couldn't use nukes. Indians and Chinese won't be using nukes in their 1 million troop battles.

Sorry but your arguements seems very childish plus you are favouring your country way too much and not being neutral.

What makes you think that PLA will commit 1 million troops to the Indian border?Then what makes you think that Indian soldiers wont be able to stop the PLA troops but ROK troops will be successful?

The Indian Army has more experience in fighting wars than ROK and our soldiers are well trained and battle proven and they experience action every day either in Kashmir or North East which cant be said for neither your country and neither for PLA.

Moreover it would only be stupid for the Chinese to fight a land war with India as it would lead to a lot of casualties because of the terrain.I believe a war IF it happens with Chinese would be fought mostly by the Airforce and Navy with only very less action taking place on the ground between the Land forces of the two countries and this is the reason which makes me belive that we have a better chance of winning than ROK against the Chinese.

I am not a war monger and normally dont discuss these things plus i dont think a India-China war is gonna happen and nor do i believe in these rating system for the world most powerful countries but your highly partial replies prompted me to bring my fingers to the keyboard.

Yes, let us move on to modern days instead of dwelling on the 'glorious' Korean War past where the only tactic the PLA knew was human wave.

Do you think the PLA can handle the RoK Army of today? If we are generous and grant the PLA's its conflict with Viet Nam in 1979, it would make the PLA only marginally more combat experience than the RKA. Marginally -- because by most analyses that removed the Chinese political aspirations of that war, on the military front the PLA got nowhere -- at best. The RoKA of today is not the Vietnamese military of 1979. Your J-20 is so far only a demonstrator so please spare us that boast. So as far as technology goes, that leave the PLA and the RoKA comparable. Same for the PLAAF and the RoKAF. Same for PLAN and the RoKN.

The US generals may have been disappointed with the RoK military of yesterday but our generals are very impressed with the RoK military of today. The South Koreans have sent their troops to support many UN operations and have been supportive of US in Iraq and Afghanistan. What same can be said for the PLA? In fact, when it comes to UN operations, China as a member of the Security Council have been the most stingy in terms of physical actions -- but never from verbiage. Your generals are wiser than you, I can tell. They know from experience in Viet Nam in 1979 that if they are to mess with the South Koreans, they will face several millions angry Koreans no less fanatic in the defense of their homeland than how the Viets were in theirs.

So if you do not want us to compare the modernized PLA of today, then have the same courtesy for the South Koreans. I know that rendering courtesy for us 'inferior' Asians must be very tough for a Chinese -- but try anyway.

China cannot handle RoK army today? Compared to 60 years ago, the gap is even larger. I never heard anyone putting China and ROK at the same level other than you two guys. Otherwise why do US choops need to station at SK? On fire power ranking, we are talking about Total war here, not a limited war liket that in 1979. For the same reason US's failure in Vietnam doesn't mean US cannot completely destroy Vietnam. Even it is true that ROK is technology more advanced (no way in every field like missles etc), the sheer land size difference and amount of weaponry are unsurmoutable. China only need to destroy Seoul or maybe another city to trash ROK's economy. On the other hand, even 50 major Chinese cities are destroyed, China could still function, as proved during Japan's invasion.

If the "Korean" guy really believe that ROK are on par with China, he wouldn't have started every single thread to bash China. It is unimaginable for an American, a Russian, or even a Japanese, to pay this much attention to China.

China cannot handle RoK army today? Compared to 60 years ago, the gap is even larger. I never heard anyone putting China and ROK at the same level other than you two guys. Otherwise why do US choops need to station at SK? On fire power ranking, we are talking about Total war here, not a limited war liket that in 1979. For the same reason US's failure in Vietnam doesn't mean US cannot completely destroy Vietnam. Even it is true that ROK is technology more advanced (no way in every field like missles etc), the sheer land size difference and amount of weaponry are unsurmoutable. China only need to destroy Seoul or maybe another city to trash ROK's economy. On the other hand, even 50 major Chinese cities are destroyed, China could still function, as proved during Japan's invasion.

If the "Korean" guy really believe that ROK are on par with China, he wouldn't have started every single thread to bash China. It is unimaginable for an American, a Russian, or even a Japanese, to pay this much attention to China.

What's ROK more advanced in in military fields? Everything they have is imported or depends on imported components. Their AWACs are blind and deaf compared to ours. Their air, space and missile forces are far inferior to ours.

First 1 million PLA troops cannot be amassed at Indian borders unless China had them already deployed them in Tibet for months.

The entire Sino-Indian border, except Aksai Chin consists of mountains on an average of 6000m

Rapid deployment troops to Indian borders will result in drop in the effectiveness or fighting capability of the PLA, as most of them will succumb to

Altitude_sickness

and even result in deaths due to High altitude pulmonary edema,

Same mistake done by India in 1962.

About Indian tanks and airforce against PLA.

Only in the Aksai Chin theater can they both be of significance. Rest of them are mountainous regions where both airforce and Armour will be ineffective.

Despite limited capability an airforce can wreak havoc over an infantry with no air cover

Battle of Longewala

Comparison of India and South Korea based on GFP is foolish, both nations face different situations when it comes to threats.

What matters is are both in a position to fight and defend their nation from the threats they face.

Sorry but your arguements seems very childish plus you are favouring your country way too much and not being neutral.

What makes you think that PLA will commit 1 million troops to the Indian border?Then what makes you think that Indian soldiers wont be able to stop the PLA troops but ROK troops will be successful?

The Indian Army has more experience in fighting wars than ROK and our soldiers are well trained and battle proven and they experience action every day either in Kashmir or North East which cant be said for neither your country and neither for PLA.

Moreover it would only be stupid for the Chinese to fight a land war with India as it would lead to a lot of casualties because of the terrain.I believe a war IF it happens with Chinese would be fought mostly by the Airforce and Navy with only very less action taking place on the ground between the Land forces of the two countries and this is the reason which makes me belive that we have a better chance of winning than ROK against the Chinese.

I am not a war monger and normally dont discuss these things plus i dont think a India-China war is gonna happen and nor do i believe in these rating system for the world most powerful countries but your highly partial replies prompted me to bring my fingers to the keyboard.

It is not even funny to compare South Korea and India, the latter has a 30 times larger land area and much more human and non-human resources. There's a reason India and China are called major powers and ROK is not. For this reason I don't believe there will be war between India and China, no one can win without spitting guts out.

What's ROK more advanced in in military fields? Everything they have is imported or depends on imported components. Their AWACs are blind and deaf compared to ours. Their air, space and missile forces are far inferior to ours.

And that's why I put "even if". Even fully equiped with US weapons, there's no way ROK can stop China who is nearly 100 times larger size wise.

It is not even funny to compare South Korea and India, the latter has a 30 times larger land area and much more human and non-human resources. There's a reason India and China are called major powers and ROK is not. For this reason I don't believe there will be war between India and China, no one can win without spitting guts out.

One more thing..Chinese and Indian govts are very smart and wont risk their economy to fight a war.This is the one thing which is common between both countries which makes me feel there wont be any war.Theres absolutely nothing between India and China which cannot be resolved by dialogue.

US and Japan fought a war, and US nuked Japan... now they are allies....China and India fought a war in 1962, it doesn't we are enemies now... just have differences, which can be resolved.... If korea and China joined hand together won't make much difference to west... but If India joined hand to China will cause nightmare to west... and i don't think it gonna happen because India has non-aligned policy.

Compared to India ROK has massive industrial capability , if i am correct ROK doesn't import majority of her arms.

But major problem is , ROK doesn't have strategic depth, just like Israel or Singapore , if the enemy forces breach beyond a point, her entire war industries and infrastructure come under range of enemy seige.

For India however, even if somehow entire northern India is under enemy siege, Indian troops can retreat to Southern India and organize a massive counterattack.

Wow ok, this thread is really getting ridiculous. Poland, which does nothing more than whine and whimper whenever Russia gets aggressive is ranked at 21 ahead of N.Korea!? Pakistan which sports a battle-hardened army and is probably the most powerful Muslim nation around is ranked below Turkey and Iran? Not intending to offend the Turks and Iranians here, but I'm sure many posters here would agree that Pakistan is ahead of both nations. As for RoK and India, come on guys......RoK is tough, not saying no. But RoK isn't even the size of an average state (India - eg Tamilnadu) or province (China - Guangdong etc). There is only so much fighting u can do against gigantic nations like China or India, both which have immense resources and manpower. I do agree with some of the earlier posters on one thing though. An all-out war between India and China would be catastrophic to both nations, economically and otherwise. You can't say the same for the RoK. Without international backing, if the RoK is to attempt taking on the PLA on her own...well, good luck really. The RoK wouldn't last a week and yet be unable to cause any kinda significant damage to China. The RoK can only survive a Chinese assault with American help. :usflag:

And this thread should be shut down.

US and Japan fought a war, and US nuked Japan... now they are allies....China and India fought a war in 1962, it doesn't we are enemies now... just have differences, which can be resolved.... If korea and China joined hand together won't make much difference to west... but If India joined hand to China will cause nightmare to west... and i don't think it gonna happen because India has non-aligned policy.

Numerical superiority as the only factor is obsolete in terms of modern warfare.

Iraq is a good example.

Both India and China are decades behind the West in terms of military capabilities.

Compared to India ROK has massive industrial capability , if i am correct ROK doesn't import majority of her arms.

But major problem is , ROK doesn't have strategic depth, just like Israel or Singapore , if the enemy forces breach beyond a point, her entire war industries and infrastructure come under range of enemy seige.

For India however, even if somehow entire northern India is under enemy siege, Indian troops can retreat to Southern India and organize a massive counterattack.

U r right, and probably thats why we have been ranked at 41 although the SAF is way more equipped and well-trained than the Malaysian armed forces or the Indonesians. The limited size of our country and population is a huge setback. In a war scenario (if Malaysia is the aggressor for example), our only hope is to strike first and seize enough territory :guns: before we head to the table for talks. If we lose the initiative though, we are finished. :help:

Numerical superiority as the only factor is obsolete in terms of modern warfare.

Iraq is a good example.

Both India and China are decades behind the West in terms of military capabilities.

Ideal situation would be Russia + China + India + Pakistan. (India and Pakistan having resolved the Kashmir issue of course and being able to work on a friendship that eventually leads to an alliance. That would be sweet. ) These four countries together would be able to counter the West.

GFP comparisons are for a conventional war based solely on each individual nation's capabilities on land, at sea and through the air while including logistical and financial aspects when waging total war.

The final GFP rankings are based on a formula taking some 45 factors into account and compiling totals against each country, applying bonuses and penalties as needed to generate this list.

Here are the 45 factors taken into consideration...

GlobalMilStrengthX.jpg

Pretty comprehensive I must say!

Back
Top Bottom