What's new

How accurate do you think Global Fire Power is?

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1.) USA
2.) Russia
3.) China
4.) India
5.) UK
6.) Turkey
7.) South Korea
8.) France
9.) Japan
10.) Israel
11.) Brazil
12.) Iran
13.) Germany
14.) Taiwan
15.) Pakistan
16.) Egypt

17.) Italy
18.) Indonesia
19.) Thailand
20.) Ukraine
21.) Poland
22.) North Korea
23.) Philippines
24.) Australia
25.) Canada
26.) Saudi Arabia
27.) Malaysia

28.) Sweden
29.) Spain
30.) Mexico
31.) South Africa
32.) Argentina
33.) Greece
34.) Switzerland
35.) Syria
36.) Iraq

37.) Finland
38.) Algeria
39.) Libya

40.) Norway
41.) Singapore
42.) Denmark
43.) Jordan
44.) Ethiopia
45.) Chile
46.) Portugal
47.) Venezuela
48.) Yemen
49.) Belgium
50.) Georgia
51.) Afghanistan
52.) Lebanon
53.) Kuwait
54.) Nepal

55.) Qatar

2jfx341.jpg

This list is being used everywhere, and personally, I think this list is quite unaccurate and not a good source for this kind of information. It doesn't take into account the modernity of each country, nuclear weapons, missile technology, intelligence services etc. Above that, this list doesn't include countries like Morocco, Tunisia, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc..

What are you thoughts?

France is ranked below UK, so you know the above list is BS. Europeans know France has the strongest military of the Western Europe.

UK should rank just above Brazil.

Nothing Accurate, North Korea is too High, i can't believe how Chile is in 45 while Argentina is at 33, Argentina is a ****, Chile is at the level of Brazil, that should be lower on that list, Israel is way stronger than France too.

Nothing Accurate, North Korea is too High, i can't believe how Chile is in 45 while Argentina is at 33, Argentina is a ****, Chile is at the level of Brazil, that should be lower on that list, Israel is way stronger than France too.
Everyone below top 10 are basically pacifist countries with a military that present no threat to others.

1. US
2. Russia
3. China
4. Korea <= The reason I place Korea here is because Korea is the last country of the list whose army could battle 1 million PLA troops and win.
5. India <= Very strong airforce, and a good navy. but army is lacking.
6. Japan <= Japan has a top class navy second only to the US, but the ground force is a joke so Japan can't project power.
7. Israel
8. France
9. Turkey
10. Germany

I already know this Global Fire Power is garbage. This is like yahoo fake information. We shouldn't rely too much on this global fire power.

Don't waste time on the countries list issues.

Everyone below top 10 are basically pacifist countries with a military that present no threat to others.

1. US
2. Russia
3. China
4. Korea <= The reason I place Korea here is because Korea is the last country of the list whose army could battle 1 million PLA troops and win.
5. India <= Very strong airforce, and a good navy. but army is lacking.
6. Japan <= Japan has a top class navy second only to the US, but the ground force is a joke so Japan can't project power.
7. Israel
8. France
9. Turkey
10. Germany

I see a lot of personal biased here Korean. First off, having major victories in war doesn't mean that the said country is suddenly top 10 material. In that case, Pakistan has lost less air pilots in every air-to-air war with India, and the Soviet Union.

Also, do you honestly believe that Pakistan presents no threats to other with our nuclear missile capability (Since you put it below 10)? The only thing we lack in Pakistan is that we have a weak economy, other than that, we have top class weapons that you wouldn't think a 3rd world country would have (we're the world's 4th country to develop cruise missiles), we have one of the largest man power in the world, and we're constantly building nuclear bombs. In 2015, we will have made an ICBM which can reach up to Germany and near the Korean Penn.

Here is my list.

1.) US
2.) Russia
3.) China
4.) India
5.) France
6.) United Kingom
7.) Germany
8.) Turkey
9.) Japan
10.) Israel
11.) Pakistan
12.) South Korea

16.) Iran
19.) Saudi Arabia

Also, how Philipines is ahead of Sweden? as far as i know the Philiphines don't have much of an air force....

It's quite surprising that Indonesia, which has a very poor and lacking airforce, could be anywhere in the top 18. I would put Indonesia at 25th.

Thus, once again proving how wrong this list is.

1.) USA
2.) Russia
3.) China
4.) India
5.) UK
6.) Turkey
7.) South Korea
8.) France
9.) Japan
10.) Israel
11.) Brazil
12.) Iran
13.) Germany
14.) Taiwan
15.) Pakistan
16.) Egypt

17.) Italy
18.) Indonesia
19.) Thailand
20.) Ukraine
21.) Poland
22.) North Korea
23.) Philippines
24.) Australia
25.) Canada
26.) Saudi Arabia
27.) Malaysia

28.) Sweden
29.) Spain
30.) Mexico
31.) South Africa
32.) Argentina
33.) Greece
34.) Switzerland
35.) Syria
36.) Iraq

37.) Finland
38.) Algeria
39.) Libya

40.) Norway
41.) Singapore
42.) Denmark
43.) Jordan
44.) Ethiopia
45.) Chile
46.) Portugal
47.) Venezuela
48.) Yemen
49.) Belgium
50.) Georgia
51.) Afghanistan
52.) Lebanon
53.) Kuwait
54.) Nepal

55.) Qatar

2jfx341.jpg

This list is being used everywhere, and personally, I think this list is quite unaccurate and not a good source for this kind of information. It doesn't take into account the modernity of each country, nuclear weapons, missile technology, intelligence services etc. Above that, this list doesn't include countries like Morocco, Tunisia, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc..

What are you thoughts?

Dude is this list accurate? It seems skewed to me. Pakistan behind Taiwan and Iran!??! No offence to Iranians here, Iran is very strong as well, but imho, Pakistan should rank higher as they are a nuclear nation and are no less to Iranians in terms of combat experience. And definitely ahead of Taiwan! How did the RoC get ranked higher? Indonesia should not be no 18, in SEA, its Vietnam, followed by Thailand, and then Singapore, Indonesia and then Malaysia. I don't even see Vietnam on the list. Poland ahead of North Korea?? err......I don't know much about Poland though, except that they have never won a single war ever since they re-appeared on the map. I don't get how Poland can be ahead of the DPRK, Australia etc. How are the nations being ranked in this list anyways?

GFP provides a unique analytical display of data covering global military powers with statistics compiled through various sources. All manner of countries are considered in the ranking, a spectrum helping to produce a near-complete comparison of relative military strengths from across the globe. The user should note that nuclear capability is not taken into account for the final ranking for this listing is purely a "numbers game" meant to spark debate and including nuclear weapons would clearly defeat its purpose. Therefore GFP comparisons are for consideration in a conventional war based solely on each individual nation's capabilities on land, at sea and through the air while including logistical and financial aspects when waging total war. Sources are stated whenever possible though some statistics are estimated if official numbers are not available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case Nuclear capability is taken into account, Russia would top the list.
1495.gif

AND Pakistan would be way above than where it is.

But conventionally, the list is quite accurate I would say, for the first 10 nations.

There is no way on earth Taiwan or let alone Japan or South Korea(no offense to Koreans or Japanese, or Taiwanese). Countries have nuclear weapons for a reason and they should be taken into consideration. Secondly pretty sure Pakistan has better trained soldiers than these countries because of the recent wars.

GFP is all about numbers nuclear weapons are not taken into consideration conventional capability only matters outside of the 8 nuclear weapons country (not including North Korea because they have low yielding warheads and a handful of them with very rudimentary delivery systems) not to mention France ranked below Turkey is just a eyesore and a obvious sign of inaccuracy in terms of conventional strength the top 10 list imho would be

1)USA
2)Russia
3)China (PRC)
4)India
5)France
6)UK
7)South Korea
8)Japan
9)Israel
10)Brazil

11)Germany
12)Turkey
13)Pakistan

This list shows how strong Asia could be if India, Russia and China could see eye to eye, being the 2-4th most powerful nations. Could withstand pressure from Nato I say.

Back
Top Bottom