What's new

How 100,000 Indian jews struggle to keep their Indian roots in Israel

Met with a israeli of russian origin. He was quite pissed off with the orthodox jews who are politically vociferous and driving israeli political agenda. I asked him about indian origin jews but he could not say much.
May be Indian origin jews are living in closed communities, like indians do in uk, or may be they have not been successful yet.

Indian jews are a tiny minority unlike those of Russian or Arab decent.

But India is prejudiced against its north eastern Mongoloid looking people. East Asians, no matter the origin of country, are view no different than any schedule tribes in its North East. Now, we know that India is a prejudiced country.
Let it be, but we have failed the predictions of all political pundits and still united as a country called India......................

Stop the BS please. I am not denying the existence of one or two isolated incidents . You cant possibly accuse an entire nation for it.

Yes, in natural form, India is not a country, but a civilization.

I didn't say all Indians , I said Chinese Indians , aka , maoist terrorists , Burmese , philipinos and so forth

mate... north east indians have mongoloid look. They are not for marxist ideology, there are 7 states and they all participate in state election. Some of them want to be separate country but it has nothing to do with marxism(its because they feel they are different from mainland india)

There are some cases of harrasment to those NE Indians in Delhi. (Indian capital). It does not apply to rest of India. Many of them study/work in other places without incident.

Yes, in natural form, India is not a country, but a civilization.
Civilization or not, NE Indians face harrassment only in delhi. I am not a fan of delhi people either, I try to avoid visiting that place.

10 incidents in 3 years does not make a country prejudiced. besides most racism happens only in delhi. not all of india.

Only the incidents in Delhi got reported by media. In other parts, its not reported.

NE Indians are regarded by many Indians as Chinese/Japanese or Koreans and are not real "Indians". This is a sad fact of racism in India. Now, I'm not saying that all Indians are racist. But there are enough racist in India to make this statement.

mate... north east indians have mongoloid look. They are not for marxist ideology, there are 7 states and they all participate in state election. Some of them want to be separate country but it has nothing to do with marxism(its because they feel they are different from mainland india)

There are some cases of harrasment to those NE Indians in Delhi. (Indian capital). It does not apply to rest of India. Many of them study/work in other places without incident.

ok , my bad then

Only the incidents in Delhi got reported by media. In other parts, its not reported.

NE Indians are regarded by many Indians as Chinese/Japanese or Koreans and are not real "Indians". This is a sad fact of racism in India. Now, I'm not saying that all Indians are racist. But there are enough racist in India to make this statement.

of course. a chinese living in the states knows more about india than an indian living in india

Not true. NE Indians are called 'chinki' in delhi (for chinese) not japanese or korean. You just made it up because you dont know.
Delhi is unforgiving for outsiders anyway, but NE Indians are visibly different hence easy to target.

Rest of India does not have such issue. There are many nepalis with mongoloid look working all over India(and are preferred over Indians for specific jobs like security guard)

I hope we develop India enough such that they move back.

Development is not the thing which made them migrate.

“One of the main reasons I came to Israel was because I didn’t want to see my children marry non-Jews,” says Sophie. “There were so few Jews in India.” She raised her five children in Israel and, today, three of them are married to people of Yemeni, Greek and Iraqi descent. Since the Jews have Hebrew as a common language, and since most of the main Jewish practices are similar, integration into the Israeli society is quite seamless for second-generation immigrants.

A home away from home - The Hindu

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom