What's new

Horrific wave of violence in Karachi, 7 killed

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI, April 9 (AFP/Reuters/APP): A private television channel reported at least seven people were killed in violence in Karachi on Wednesday afternoon. Four of them burned to death, police said. “We found four completely charred bodies in a lawyers' chamber in a multi-storey building. Three are men and one is a woman. We don't know whether they were lawyers or visitors,” a police officer told AFP. A prominent lawyer talking to a television channel said at least six people were burned to death when armed men set a building on fire that housed lawyers’ offices. Several buildings and dozens of cars and buses were also torched during the violence. The clashes started after violence broke out between supporters and opponents of President Pervez Musharraf in Karachi on Wednesday, officials said. A Reuters reporter saw the bodies of two men who, hospital officials said had been killed in shooting. The violence broke out after lawyers clashed in court with Musharraf’s supporters. A police official said one person was found shot dead in a wagon in Burnes Road area while another person who was injured in firing died in Civil Hospital. A private television channel reported more than 20 buses, coaches, trucks and cars were torched in various parts of the city during the disturbances. (First Posted @ 17:20 PST Updated @ 18:55 PST)
- DAWN - Latest Stories; April 09, 2008

Bloody idiots.

People in our society are raised to "avenge ones honor and respect" ourselves, even if it means taking the law into our hands.

My cousins used to display this stupid bravado, that if anyone insulted their mother or family or "ungli bhi uthai" (raised a finger), they would go out and shoot the guy.

I, and adolescent then, seriously asked, "but why don't you call the police, and report whetever crime occurred?"

To which they scoffed at my "cowardice", and stated that one should settle his own issues ( I am reminded of Awaaz here).

Once again, bloody ignorant idiots.

Bloody idiots.

People in our society are raised to "avenge ones honor and respect" ourselves, even if it means taking the law into our hands.

My cousins used to display this stupid bravado, that if anyone insulted their mother or family or "ungli bhi uthai" (raised a finger), they would go out and shoot the guy.

I, and adolescent then, seriously asked, "but why don't you call the police, and report whetever crime occurred?"

To which they scoffed at my "cowardice", and stated that one should settle his own issues ( I am reminded of Awaaz here).

Once again, bloody ignorant idiots.

Ahhh thats dealing with the things the pashtun style.... but actually its similar in karachi... if our police was reliable then we would'nt have to take justice in our own hands. But sometimes it becomes a necessity. When a persons whole family is wiped out and police does nothing he WILL take justice himself. This is also a fact with the muslims from kashmir and hyderabad who have lost people... we nationalists help them shift from India... they say if they did'nt have Pakistan to escape to they would be fighting Indian misrule for their lives... I like the system somewhat. Its built for the Pakistani kaum where no one gives a **** about the other person. Police is corrupt and does nothing. It is unoperational. That is why we do not go there and use our militias instead.

I have had my fair share of voilence too when i was back at home and i am proud that i fucked up a few corrupt criminal bastards. Corruption and crime are enemies of Pakistan and if we have to take the law in our own hands to deal with it then its fine with me. We will send our militia in and khali wali...

Anyway this is madness... its political voilence...

Ahhh thats dealing with the things the pashtun style.... but actually its similar in karachi... if our police was reliable then we would'nt have to take justice in our own hands. But sometimes it becomes a necessity.

I have had my fair share of voilence too when i was back at home and i am proud that i fucked up a corrupt criminal bastard. Corruption and crime are enemies of Pakistan and if we have to take the law in our own hands to deal with it then its fine with me. We will send our militia in and khali wali...

Well, my family is not Pashtun, not these ones at least, so I'd say that it isn't just a Pashtun issue, but a Pakistani issue.

I agree with you in that part of the reason such attitudes are becoming prevalent is the lack of faith in Law Enforcement agencies, which is not unfounded.

Competent LEA's would not only gain the confidence of the people, and stop them from taking the law into their own hands, but also be able to prevent such situations from getting out of control - which the Karachi police have failed to do miserably since forever.

Well, my family is not Pashtun, not these ones at least, so I'd say that it isn't just a Pashtun issue, but a Pakistani issue.

I agree with you this is not an ethnic issue but a national issue. We must stop thinking with an ethnic mindset. We are those unfortunate people who have an idea of what this ethinic issue can lead to, so please start thinking with a Pakistan mindset.

whats new same like 90s .there is no rule .people kill there brother for what no body knows

I agree with you in that part of the reason such attitudes are becoming prevalent is the lack of faith in Law Enforcement agencies, which is not unfounded.

Competent LEA's would not only gain the confidence of the people, and stop them from taking the law into their own hands, but also be able to prevent such situations from getting out of control - which the Karachi police have failed to do miserably since forever.

Thats the problem... we have to be responsible for our own defence sadly...

:angry:why, to blame all this ? any way this is DEMOCRACY? which was the demand of the time or in other words public choice so, i guss! its all right.

that is the system, which is and was running pakistan for the past 54 years, nothing new. same old enemies and same , old crouption , same old police, but as a nation we just found a new groove, THE GANGSTER LAWYERS MOVEMENT?

which is become a paid terrorist organization , which can beat anyone , anywhere, any time and cantbe touched! if this is what this so called lawyers movement is all about, then they should remember that, KARACHI can burn them out of pakistan.:agree:

It seems that Nawaz party is creating trouble to isolate MQM from the mainstream political arena. Nawaz cannot stand MQM, he must sideline it.. to insure that he has a say in the government. Just watched the news on Geo, and MQM has blamed NZ party for all this chaos in Karachi. Also ordered its party members to insure peace in their sectors and take care of the trouble makers before they start something.

Prime Minister has also talked with the President and Altaf Hussain on the issue.

Its funny how you guys here mentioning, NS, and lawyers. I mean this is our people anything that happens they come up with the stupidest logic i have ever seen around the world.

I mean isn't it understood that the OLD BLACKMAILING of the govt started?

Either give us what we want or we will burn Karachi?
Either you give us Karachi control or we will burn it?

200 Workers of Sunni Tehreek and MQM-Haqeeqi died in target killing noone said a thing, 12th May 48 people died our president said that NO INQUIRY, now 7 people died 50+ cars burned and here members are saying O Nawaz Shareef, O Lawyers, O Democracy, I mean just open your eyes and see the reality.

WELCOME TO DEMON-CRAZY !

Yes, the fight has been initiated by Nawaz in Lahore. Sher Afghan was beaten in Lawyers chamber and also attacked by Nawaz goons! Sher Afghan blamed it on NAwaz & thugs! Violence and agitation followed in Mianwali after his torture. Nawaz is only interested in re-election.

Today, his Pir Sabir Shah has asked the workers to start preparation for re-elecetions.

Similarly, in Karachi few MQM lawyers were protesting against the abuse of Sher Afghan when the lawyers of Sindh Highcourt Bar association cam and attcked them, in which one was killled and seven injured.

Nawaz & ANP took advantage of this and initiated violence in Karachi also. National Reconcilaition has to go on.

NOT ACCEPTING someone's vote bank is being bias on purpose! People also LOVE Sher Afghan in Mianwali.... even if he lost.... no one can tolerate the abuse of such an elderly person.

I mean isn't it understood that the OLD BLACKMAILING of the govt started?

Either give us what we want or we will burn Karachi?
Either you give us Karachi control or we will burn it?

200 Workers of Sunni Tehreek and MQM-Haqeeqi died in target killing noone said a thing, 12th May 48 people died our president said that NO INQUIRY, now 7 people died 50+ cars burned and here members are saying O Nawaz Shareef, O Lawyers, O Democracy, I mean just open your eyes and see the reality.

Give us Karachi? Give us Karachi control?

Bro, MQM has already won in Karachi and they DON"T need to beg anyone to give them Karachi. Karachi is their stronghold.... even if you don't wish to accept it.

200 workers of MQM Haqiqi died? Pls give link of this news. Then I'll reply.

12 May 48 people died.... from which 12 were of MQM. Who killed them? We saw on GEO how Sherry Rehman was roaming with Nabeel Gobal in her jeep carrying arms and the men shooting from her jeep. Don't call other parties NAIVE !

Yes, your wish is to to blame MQM for all the wrong-doings.... keep your eyes closed... becasue the people living in Karachi have their eyes open.

We saw how on 12 May the activists of ANP and PPP torched cars and were carrying their flags. I still have pictures of them burning and torching. Keep your eyes closed. The ex-CJP never intended to come out fo the Airport buidling, that's why he left without informing the lawyers gathered in court. He refused the helicopter offered by govt and he refused the laternative road route via Kent to Sindh court..... simply as he was NOT interested in leaving the airport building.

Nawaz is the only person who is hell bend upon REVENGE against Musharraf and for that he'll BURN anything ! Leave no city peaceful.. ! For the last 5 years we saw extreme peace in Karachi and development !

Give us Karachi? Give us Karachi control?

Bro, MQM has already won in Karachi and they DON"T need to beg anyone to give them Karachi. Karachi is their stronghold.... even if you don't wish to accept it.

200 workers of MQM Haqiqi died? Pls give link of this news. Then I'll reply.

12 May 48 people died.... from which 12 were of MQM. Who killed them? We saw on GEO how Sherry Rehman was roaming with Nabeel Gobal in her jeep carrying arms and the men shooting from her jeep. Don't call other parties NAIVE !

Yes, your wish is to to blame MQM for all the wrong-doings.... keep your eyes closed... becasue the people living in Karachi have their eyes open.

We saw how on 12 May the activists of ANP and PPP torched cars and were carrying their flags. I still have pictures of them burning and torching. Keep your eyes closed. The ex-CJP never intended to come out fo the Airport buidling, that's why he left without informing the lawyers gathered in court. He refused the helicopter offered by govt and he refused the laternative road route via Kent to Sindh court..... simply as he was NOT interested in leaving the airport building.

Nawaz is the only person who is hell bend upon REVENGE against Musharraf and for that he'll BURN anything ! Leave no city peaceful.. ! For the last 5 years we saw extreme peace in Karachi and development !

MQM haqiqi and Sunni Tehreek lol @ LINK, give me a link of a legit source that you are claiming your so called killing of karkuns?

lol OK if you think it was all ANP and PPP then why didt you let the govt inquired the issue? Dont give me bs that musharraf said it cus he wanted to. Why while you were in govt did do the inquiry?

And peace in Karachi lol, Garden Police Head Quarter, Predy Police Head Quarter, all the Phqs and Police Head quarters where all those police men to live with their families had to be guarded. You guys fire many rockets in those places, you guys have killed many police men who were involved in the operation. And YES i dont have the link for any of it cus a POLICE men dies, a Political Worker dies is not good enough to go up in the media or news and thats the reality whether you accept it or not.

Karachi maybe your strong hold but when someone else is in govt you always create problems and dont let them run anything in there. Becuase your BS karachi suffered all this time. All MQM want is Money and POWER.

MQM haqiqi and Sunni Tehreek lol @ LINK, give me a link of a legit source that you are claiming your so called killing of karkuns?

lol OK if you think it was all ANP and PPP then why didt you let the govt inquired the issue? Dont give me bs that musharraf said it cus he wanted to. Why while you were in govt did do the inquiry?

And peace in Karachi lol, Garden Police Head Quarter, Predy Police Head Quarter, all the Phqs and Police Head quarters where all those police men to live with their families had to be guarded. You guys fire many rockets in those places, you guys have killed many police men who were involved in the operation. And YES i dont have the link for any of it cus a POLICE men dies, a Political Worker dies is not good enough to go up in the media or news and thats the reality whether you accept it or not.

Karachi maybe your strong hold but when someone else is in govt you always create problems and dont let them run anything in there. Becuase your BS karachi suffered all this time. All MQM want is Money and POWER.

And what does Nawaz Sharif want?

No Visa Passport Barriers between India and Pakistan!

Be courageous bro, call him a traitor.

Back
Top Bottom