What's new

HongKongers were More Happy under British than Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, when starting become a British colony, Hong Kong was a fishing village. After 100 years of living under the British regime, it becomes one of the most rich city of Asia ...
So, easy to understand if they still have feelings for the British...

For the same token, before communists took over China, the Chinese had life expectancy of 35 with about 30% literacy. After 1949, the authoritarianism makes Chinese the envy of many. That’s why majority Chinese are relatively OK with CPC.

People never stop complaining. This is good thing that makes the government feel burning and be pushed to do more and better. Unlike some people that pretend that they are perpetually happy, and they are lagging behind the country that they are keep bashing.

Singapore has less population but more income than HK...

HK showed promise for a while .. but has started declining. Close your eyes, if you can't face the truth.

no no,actually I m very happy for Singapore,I have many friends and relatives live there.we are all ethnic Chinese people,speak the same language,follow the same tradition,watch the same tv and Chinese movies,share the same values and ethics,we are the same people.how about Indian cities?can you name some that worth discussing??

For China bashers:

Oops! Hong Kong is hardly dead

Back in 1995, Fortune predicted the downfall of Hong Kong once it was handed over to China. But in 2007, the city is thriving more than ever, says Fortune's Sheridan Prasso.

(Fortune Magazine) -- Well, we were wrong.

In advance of the handover of Hong Kong to China, Fortune wrote a cover story for its international editions, "The Death of Hong Kong" (June 29, 1995), predicting that under Chinese rule Hong Kong would lose its role as an international commercial and financial hub.

Hong Kong is thriving after*10 years of Chinese rule* - July 9, 2007

no no,actually I m very happy for Singapore,I have many friends and relatives live there.we are all ethnic Chinese people,speak the same language,follow the same tradition,watch the same tv and Chinese movies,share the same values and ethics,we are the same people.how about Indian cities?can you name some that worth discussing??

You're confused.. to say the least.

If you agree Singapore is doing so well.. why don't you guys leave Hong Kong alone.

As for Singapore, it's neither Chinese not Indian .. it's Singaporean. You've to be here to know that.

and we have some Hongkong and Singaporean PDF users here ,do you Indians think they would rather side with China or side with Indian??

Who are "you"? and Who is "our"?
I live in S'pore and like it... and what I hear from people.. HK is absolutely nowhere, compared to here !!!!
Ask, any sensible peson...

knnbccb, so you are ah neh and not a local. Get lost from my homeland if you cannot behave properly! We need people who are honest and with integrity only, not liar and scumbag. And don't bring down our economy as well:

Tech fault at RBS and Natwest freezes millions of UK bank balances
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06...anking_freeze/

RBS IT cockup: This sort of thing can destroy a bank, normally
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06...l_rbs_natwest/

RBS collapse details revealed: Arrow points to defective part
Software that caused cockup apparently run from India
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06...at_went_wrong/

LOLOL.

and we have some Hongkong and Singaporean PDF users here ,do you Indians think they would rather side with China or side with Indian??

Why should Singapore have to "side" with someone.. it's a peaceful country, with interest in having peace, stability and prosperity in the region.

Singapreans are ethnic Chinese,they can't accept non Chinese leaders,it runs in their blood,you Indians will never understand Chinese culture ,mentality and ethics.how about you name some Indian cities???

.. And in any case, if you hell bent about Singaporean defence forces, here's the thread I saw today:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ir-force-using-indian-base-cough-up-more.html

But, off course this doesn't mean that they side with India .. and probably they have similar contact with China.. and also with US ... Australia.

Don't know, what hell you want to drill at ...

(HK off course, if under chinese rule ... and has to "side" with China, willingly or unwillingly. And that every one knows. So, this isn't new either).

You're confused.. to say the least.

If you agree Singapore is doing so well.. why don't you guys leave Hong Kong alone.

As for Singapore, it's neither Chinese not Indian .. it's Singaporean. You've to be here to know that.

It is owned by indigenious Singaporean chinese and Singaporean tamils, Singaporean malays and Singaporean eurasians.

There is nothing to do with you indians at all. Go home and sleep. LOLOL.

Singapore not ready for non-ethnic Chinese leader: PM

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
by Staff Writers
Singapore (AFP) Nov 9, 2008
Singapore, a multi-cultural state of over 3.5 million people, is not ready for a non-ethnic Chinese premier in the near future, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in remarks published Sunday.

that's typical Chinese mentality.they are very ethnic conscious about their ethnic Chinese identity.

see,Indian guy,one Hongkonger called your comment rubbish and claimed loving China.one Singaporean guys told you to go home and sleep,haha,that's the hard fact.

It is owned by indigenious Singaporean chinese and Singaporean tamils, Singaporean malays and Singaporean eurasians.

There is nothing to do with you indians at all. Go home and sleep. LOLOL.

Tell this to the other guy.. what's his name--"beijingwalker"....

He believes your country is "owned" by CPC govt in Beijing...... do you guys really want to become another "HK".. ha ha .. ask your prime minister, this question !!!!

^^^^ Go read this article:

Singapore stands up for its curry - Yahoo! News Singapore

You'll know Singaporeans, a bit better....

Tell this to the other guy.. what's his name--"beijingwalker"....

He believes your country is "owned" by CPC govt in Beijing...... do you guys really want to become another "HK".. ha ha .. ask your prime minister, this question !!!!

where did I say that?????????????????????????????????????????????????

.. And in any case, if you hell bent about Singaporean defence forces, here's the thread I saw today:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...ir-force-using-indian-base-cough-up-more.html

But, off course this doesn't mean that they side with India .. and probably they have similar contact with China.. and also with US ... Australia.

Don't know, what hell you want to drill at ...

(HK off course, if under chinese rule ... and has to "side" with China, willingly or unwillingly. And that every one knows. So, this isn't new either).

Before supporting your big mouth media, why not reminding your minister to check throught carefully the contract agreement first for any breaching of contract terms, asking just in case you guys make the usual blunder again.

Typical stupid and greedy indians. Always thinking of themselves only and still dreaming that others will choose to stand by your side. LOLOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom