What's new

HongKongers were More Happy under British than Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
all in all,Indian cities are far behind Chinese cities.all people would easily admit it except for Indians.

Well, the American Embassy in New Delhi does not publish the "pollution" data for New Delhi.

Do you know, what is the reason?

Have you ever been to Delhi .. or even to Chandigarh.??? - btw.. welcome to be my guest, and for enjoying the Bhangra :laugh:

I was born and raised in Hong Kong. I much prefer China ruling us than those Brits. I mean ... look at them now.

I was born and raised in Hong Kong. I much prefer China ruling us than those Brits. I mean ... look at them now.

You are still too young .. with just 1 post :laugh:

Even I could make a new User ID .... and claim Hongkonger...

When on the web... build up a "reputation" as a Hongkonger, and then you may count with your 1 vote.

Welcome to PDF... if you are indeed "new" .... and not a new "username" for an existing member.

World’s 10 most polluted cities of all time
piccano April 19, 2012 0
Every second a new guy is born on this planet. Population increasing day by day and become a really big problem, because with big population the pollution of the Earth is bigger. Pollution and garbage are the biggest problems for us. Ten most polluted cities are next.

1. Baghdad (Iraq)
Baghdad is one of the most polluted cities because of the war which still wages on in this country. Frequent bomb attacks and destruction are significantly increasing pollution in this town.

2. Brunei Darussalam
Brunei is a small country in South Asia but that didn’t stop her to be on this list. In this country are measured enormous amounts of carbon dioxide produced by vehicles.

3. Dhaka (Bangladesh)
Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh, a country seated in South Asia. In this city are very frequent water pollutions so the city is fighting all the time against the pollution causes which threatens this town.

4. Karachi (Pakistan)
Karachi is the biggest and the most developed town in Pakistan. Karachi is the biggest industrial center of this country which causes the most pollution in this town. In Karachi is noted constant increasing of diseases (eye, skin, heart diseases) and 35% of population is hit with some of this diseases.

5.Lagos (Nigeria)
Lagos is with its 12 million citizens the biggest town in Nigeria and one of the biggest city on African continent. This town is facing large air pollution. Center of this town is almost always foggy.

6.Mexico city (Mexico)
Mexico City is one of the biggest city in the world and one of the most polluted as well, even though Mexico entitled as one of the cleanest among the most dirtiest cities. Dense traffic and exhaust gasses are making the big part of the city to be in the fog most of the time. The biggest polluter in this town is nitrogen dioxide.

7. Moscow (Russia)
Moscow is the capital city of Russia and it’s ranked among the most polluted cities. Among the traffic and exhaust gasses one of the biggest problem for this city is lack of places to put away the garbage. In some parts of the town cholera appeared.

8.Maputo (Mozambique)
On the streets of Maputo you can find huge amounts of garbage because there is no enough developed system for putting away the garbage. Also, the sewage is in need of refining. One of the deficiency of this city is lack of sewage development.

9.Mumbai (India)
Mumbai is one of the most populated and most busiest city in the world. Huge waste dumps on the streets and the stench are the things that are spoiling and jeopardizing life in this Indian metropole.

10.New Delhi (India)
New Delhi is the capital city and one of the biggest cities in India. Like in Mumbai, huge amounts of waste and garbage are causing stench and many diseases in this town. Waste and non-regulated sewage are polluting water which is leading to increasing sickness among the newborns.

The 10 Most Air-Polluted Cities in the World
By Bryan Walsh | @bryanrwalsh | September 27, 2011

Ulan Bator, Mongolia—the second-most polluted city in the world. Credit: Doug Kanter / Bloomberg / Getty Images
Environmentalists here in the U.S. are not happy with President Obama, in part because he pulled back on a promise to tighten ground-level ozone and smog standards for air pollution. But American greens should remember: much of the rest of the world has it far, far, far worse.

That’s one takeaway from a new report by the World Health Organization that looked at urban air pollution around the world. The most polluted cities tend to be found in developing countries. No surprise there—poorer countries tend to have dirtier cars, factories and power plants, and rarely have or enforce the kind of environmental regulations that have—over the course of decades—become common in the developed world. But what’s interesting is that the urban areas with the worst air aren’t the sort of Dickensian megacities one usually hears about: Beijing, Chongqing, Bangkok, Mexico City. The losers are smaller cities, many of them in Iran or South Asia, and none of them economic dynamos.

(PHOTOS: The Terrible Beauty of Industrial Pollution)

Here’s the top—or rather bottom—10:

1. Ahwaz, Iran

2. Ulan Bator, Mongolia

3. Sanadaj, Iran

4. Ludhiana, India

5. Quetta, Pakistan

6. Kermanshah, Iran

7. Peshawar, Pakistan

8. Gaberone, Botswana

9. Yasouj, Iran

10. Kanpor, India

You are still too young .. with just 1 post :laugh:

Even I could make a new User ID .... and claim Hongkonger...

When on the web... build up a "reputation" as a Hongkonger, and then you may count with your 1 vote.

Welcome to PDF... if you are indeed "new" .... and not a new "username" for an existing member.

Yes because my number of posts somehow equates to how old am I. Makes sense.
Proving to you that I am indeed a Hong Kong-er will be fruitless as no matter how many proofs i give, it won't get through your thick skull and not like you know anything about HK anyway.

Yes because my number of posts somehow equates to how old am I. Makes sense.
Proving to you that I am indeed a Hong Kong-er will be fruitless as no matter how many proofs i give, it won't get through your thick skull and not like you know anything about HK anyway.

Agree mate. No point trying to prove to other people that we indeed live in this great city of HK.

Btw, where in HK do you stay?

really?:rofl:

sounds like a slave mentality to me :rofl:
why don't HongKongers throw the CPC out and invite whites to rule them again?

really?:rofl:

sounds like a slave mentality to me :rofl:
why don't HongKongers throw the CPC out and invite whites to rule them again?

Why would we?
Although i do admit CPC could do better in human rights, China has helped us in many ways especially economically. Without them, we wouldn't been anywhere near where we are at the moment .

i guess you didn't read my post properly.....i am against racism!!

see comparison b/w an average chinese people and us!!--
ForbiddenPalace_China_108.jpg

who is us? an indian making fun with an 90 years old granny! how pathetic your are!

they are fed up with the fake people flocking the island..

Why would we?
Although i do admit CPC could do better in human rights, China has helped us in many ways especially economically. Without them, we wouldn't been anywhere near where we are at the moment .
well the survey says something else. it says that you're more happy under British rule:rofl:
i think its more to do with the slave mentality but anyways its your life.

This thread is stupid
Under british there was no democracy until two years before it handed over, china had signed an agreedment of nothing will change for 50 years ,basicly what this mean is HK can continue to function just like what it used to function without fear of interference from mainland, so if they are not happy then they are not happy with decomocracy and the british system as simply as that.

In fact HK will have a full election in a few years time. it is the extreme right wings who created all these media chaos and another troll fest for indian cheerleaders

well the survey says something else. it says that you're more happy under British rule:rofl:
i think its more to do with the slave mentality but anyways its your life.
]

Funny how you keep labeling us with slave mentality, when people like you would jump to defend your colonial masters. People said they were better off in life because events like "the Asian financial crisis, a flu epidemic, a SARS crisis and the global financial tsunami. did not occur prior to 1997. Events like these, are not in any governments control. Nowhere in the article has it stated that CPC take over has any direct relation to current levels of happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom