What's new

HongKongers were More Happy under British than Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hong Kong is what it is due to britishers.. CPC goons ruined it :cry:

HK's largest trading partner is China by an overwhelming 48.5% in 2011
HK's total trade with UK is a paltry amount @1.5% even trading with india is higher than UK @2.4%

China's top investment destination outside of the Mainland is HK
I cannot find Uk's overseas investment but top of the list is definitely not HK

HK Fx reserve was US$66 billion at the time of the handover from the brits in 1997
HK Fx reserve now is $244 billion ( for a tiny place of 7 million people = the Fx reserve of the whole india of 1.2 billion people)!

do you see the difference?

in the past 15 year Hongkong became the top global financial center,world's most competitive economy....and Indian,under British rule for 300 years,what did they give you and what did you achieve?

in the past 15 year Hongkong became the top global financial center,world's most competitive economy....and Indian,under British rule for 300 years,what did they give you and what did you achieve?

Correct!

Hong Kong is the "Listing Venue of Choice". One of the reasons is the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) ranked No.1 in Initial Public Offering (IPO) funds raised for three consecutive years, according to the Assistant Vice President of the Issuer Marketing Department of HKEx, Mr Michael Chan.

Speaking today (March 5, Toronto time) at a business luncheon in Toronto, Mr Chan said despite the negative global economic environment, Hong Kong has dominated the IPO market since 2009. In 2011, about US$33 billion IPO funds were raised in Hong Kong. "HKEx has been among the top five global listing markets since 2002. Its strong track record reflects the market's liquidity, breadth and depth - a critical factor for potential issuers to choose the listing destination," he said.

Hong Kong: The Listing Venue of Choice (with photos)

slandering Hongkong won't make India look any better,Hongkong achieved a lot under Chinese rule over the past 15 years.China ruined Hongkong??how...?you Indians indeed ruined your own country.

This is probably the first time somebody has chosen slavery over self rule. quite interesting really.

They were no more slaves then they are now. And it was under British rule that put Hong Kong on the path to what it is today.

They were no more slaves then they are now. And it was under British rule that put Hong Kong on the path to what it is today.

they also prosper even more under Chinese rule,of course along with other Chinese cities,Shanghai overtook Hongkong in GDP a couple of years ago and became the richest city in China.all Chinese cities are developing very fast.Hongkong after 15 years now is in much better position than UK.

they also prosper even more under Chinese rule,of course along with other Chinese cities,Shanghai overtook Hongkong in GDP a couple of years ago and became the richest city in China.all Chinese cities are developing very fast.Hongkong after 15 years now is in much better position than UK.

these pathetic guys are having their stomachs churning with acids of concentrated jealousy and will try whatever means to distort or downplay the great bond between HK-China and the achievements due to the relationship!

Bunch of very pitiful beings!

Well - the Hong Kong residents would rather be with UK. How is that even remotely surprising? If people have certain democratic rights and those rights are curtailed, they will obviously prefer the previous regime. China has astutely chosen a different model for Hong Kong.

But while Shanghai and Beijing owe their development to China; Hong Kong will always owe a lot of its development to UK. If I compare it to India during British rule - then the British pretty much built Calcutta and Bombay; then of course we Indians ruined them. But cities like Delhi were always more Indian than British.

Even the brits are catching up learning Chinese seriously:

In 2010, 750,000 people (670,000 from overseas) took the Chinese Proficiency Test. For comparison, in 2005, 117,660 non-native speakers took the test, an increase of 26.52% from 2004. From 2000 to 2004, the number of students in England, Wales and Northern Ireland taking Advanced Level exams in Chinese increased by 57%. An independent school in the UK made Chinese one of their compulsory subjects for study in 2006.

Chinese as a foreign language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure bro, continue spouting **** you don't know crap about
"I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll just throw insults, maybe that will help me"

:rofl:
my friend
can you tell me what the thread is talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom