What's new

Homosexuals of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
man + woman = Baby

man + man =/= Baby

woman + woman =/= Baby

Therefore, it is a logical fallacy to assume that two men or two women are able to reproduce and create a new human being.

Gays/Lesbians cannot reproduce so how can this practice be considered normal under any conditions.
Have you considered the reality of those who are infertile and heterosexual? Are they any less "normal" than those who are attracted to the same gender therefore cannot reproduce in the first place?

and who conducted this research that you are touting so boastfully?

University of Padova in Italy

Pathetic fail.

Come back when a world renouned leading medical institution published the above studies AND their studies is backed among top scientists.

Have you considered the reality of those who are infertile and heterosexual? Are they any less "normal" than those who are attracted to the same gender therefore cannot reproduce in the first place?

Heterosexuals who are infertile is a different case than homosexuals because they have at least tried to reproduce and they are able to have sexual intercourse. The distinction that was made is that gays are not able to have sexual relations so they can't even attempt in the first place to reproduce, so how can their relationship be considered biologically normal.

We shouldn't harass or insult someone for just being gay, I'm not saying I'm for legalizing gay marriage in Pakistan as that would cause a major backlash but mistreatment isn't good either. We should be civilized and use our senses and less brutality and harshness.

Actually Pakistani society is like this.

We never bash gays. The Gays in our society keep it to themselves and that is that. No parades or anything but no gay bashing either.

Pakistani society accept Hijras very openly. They are a part of marriage celebrations most of the time.

They don't push their way of life on the average person, and an average person does not bother them.

This has actually been the way of life in Pakistani society for decades to be honest.

Because, despite what many moral absolutists will tell you, matters of morality are decided purely by popular opinion and nothing else.

You are ignoring the fact that homosexuality is naturally occurring and people don't have control over it. It's not a "choice" nor is it part of morality.

homosexuality is an acquired trait.

just as alcoholics who first taste alcohol and become addicted to it and seek more and more alcohol-- acquired trait.

when a lion kills a human, tastes blood and likes it and hunts humans for human blood -- acquired trait

when a bear eats from your trashcan and then acquires a taste for human food and solely seeks human food -- acquired trait

homosexuality it is an acquired trait. not natural.

homosexuality defeats the purpose of humanity which is to reproduce and survive/thrive.

All Abrahamic religions forbid homosexualitty.

You are saying that once a person engages in homosexual sexual activity, they get a "taste for it" thus become homosexual.

What about children who from birth identify as being attracted to the same sex and who have never engaged in sexual activity?

I consider homosexuality as an aberation (no, human no longer use sex only to reproduce...but it is the origination of the "sex drive"...those who like sex=more offspring) but then so is a cleft palate...and few say they should all be killed...or oppressed. And wether birth or environmental factors...I seriously doubt it is by choice. Who would "choose" to be hounded even killed....even if I sat around and tried...being gay would not "work" for me (if you know what I mean)

They are not born , a gay dude similarly as nobody is born an A.R.Rehman ;)

next in the line, what? peadophiles?, incest etc?

Homosexuality and pedophilia can both be considered as "natural".

What one accepts as a norm and what one looks down upon is based up on society and morality.

I am not a Psychology major, but it is a case of nature vs nurture.

Although it is very difficult, a homosexual can be turned straight, and a straight man/woman can be turned into a homo sexual with conditioning.

This is a big debate whether or not homosexuality is a choice for the gays. Modern science is more and more leaning towards the theory (a strong theory, though not yet fact) that gays really don't have a choice than not to be gay. Logic dictates that at best most gays inhibit their homosexual tendencies to conform with the society.

Think about it this way... How many of you decided to not be gay? How many of you saw a woman, analyzed her sexually and went like "You know what? I'll grow up to like women, not men". If you are like most men, you just grew up to like a woman it was your default setting, you didn't require convincing, you knew from day one that you are attracted to women.

Granularize this example and you'll find out that you like particular type(s) of women. Can you find something wrong with the guy who exclusively likes big women? You think that guy decided I will not conform with the society and I'll exclusively like big women? There are guys out there who are into that. There are guys who exclusively like red heads. Why? They are hard wired to do so. When you meet a hot chick, how much time does it take for you to know she is hot? Do you have to study her up and down to know it? You know it within a split second!

So how can you assume, that a homosexual man isn't hardwired the same way for a man as you are for a hot chick? We have seen homosexual behavior in animals too. 'Natural' is a weird word used in this context, its just a replacement for "traditional". We know what your traditions are, but look at the science, look at the injustice you may be committing in the name of tradition. Gays may be fighting on the frontlines to defend this nation, they maybe firefighters, they may be scientists, they may be contributing in every professional way to the society and country. Who they choose to have intercourse with is of no concern to you.

Remember if the theories are correct the occurrence of homosexuality probably happens through genes. By continuously forcing homosexuals to get into heterosexual relationships you are forcing this gene to be propagated and passed down.

IF you allowed homosexuals to marry one another - gradually over time they would cease to exist as a race. Not them I'm up for something like that, but just pointing out a scientific eventuality and how the homophobes actually propagate homosexuality.

Now some logic based firing on some of the arguments.

1. Homosexuality can't be compared with pedophilia. One is related to sex between two consenting adults, one is rape of a minor. Nobody has argued in favor of any crime.

Homosexuals have no chance in a country like Pakistan which still kills people for "blasphemy" a silly medieval law.

2. A lot of positive things happen in Pakistan despite that law. We are not a closed society that doesn't debate EVERYTHING out. It takes lifetimes to change mindsets and issues to become the center of debate. Don't discount the goodness of Pakistani people by looking at one aspect alone.

Gays in pakistan become HIJRAS< They have full rights NOW, They have ID Cards, can work anywhere and VOTE in elections!!

Gays and transsexuals are different. You accept trans-sexuality, not homosexuality.

3. The point is - that LEGALLY speaking gay men are men and lesbian women are women. Gender field on your ID card is determined by your reproductive organs, this left only transgender individuals with no status and Pakistan government did grant them their own status.

The problem of legal acceptance then only applies to their right to get married and adopt children - which will require a lot of debate and understanding.

This is a big debate whether or not homosexuality is a choice for the gays. Modern science is more and more leaning towards the theory (a strong theory, though not yet fact) that gays really don't have a choice than not to be gay. Logic dictates that at best most gays inhibit their homosexual tendencies to conform with the society.

Think about it this way... How many of you decided to not be gay? How many of you saw a woman, analyzed her sexually and went like "You know what? I'll grow up to like women, not men". If you are like most men, you just grew up to like a woman it was your default setting, you didn't require convincing, you knew from day one that you are attracted to women.

Granularize this example and you'll find out that you like particular type(s) of women. Can you find something wrong with the guy who exclusively likes big women? You think that guy decided I will not conform with the society and I'll exclusively like big women? There are guys out there who are into that. There are guys who exclusively like red heads. Why? They are hard wired to do so. When you meet a hot chick, how much time does it take for you to know she is hot? Do you have to study her up and down to know it? You know it within a split second!

So how can you assume, that a homosexual man isn't hardwired the same way for a man as you are for a hot chick? We have seen homosexual behavior in animals too. 'Natural' is a weird word used in this context, its just a replacement for "traditional". We know what your traditions are, but look at the science, look at the injustice you may be committing in the name of tradition. Gays may be fighting on the frontlines to defend this nation, they maybe firefighters, they may be scientists, they may be contributing in every professional way to the society and country. Who they choose to have intercourse with is of no concern to you.

Remember if the theories are correct the occurrence of homosexuality probably happens through genes. By continuously forcing homosexuals to get into heterosexual relationships you are forcing this gene to be propagated and passed down.

IF you allowed homosexuals to marry one another - gradually over time they would cease to exist as a race. Not them I'm up for something like that, but just pointing out a scientific eventuality and how the homophobes actually propagate homosexuality.

Now some logic based firing on some of the arguments.

1. Homosexuality can't be compared with pedophilia. One is related to sex between two consenting adults, one is rape of a minor. Nobody has argued in favor of any crime.

2. A lot of positive things happen in Pakistan despite that law. We are not a closed society that doesn't debate EVERYTHING out. It takes lifetimes to change mindsets and issues to become the center of debate. Don't discount the goodness of Pakistani people by looking at one aspect alone.

3. The point is - that LEGALLY speaking gay men are men and lesbian women are women. Gender field on your ID card is determined by your reproductive organs, this left only transgender individuals with no status and Pakistan government did grant them their own status.

The problem of legal acceptance then only applies to their right to get married and adopt children - which will require a lot of debate and understanding.

You said everything I wanted to say, pulling the words out of my mouth! But, the bolded part above is slightly inaccurate.

Homosexuality as well as heterosexuality have genetic, hormonal and environmental reasons. So it is not just the genes. Sexual identity and preference is a complex topic. So in reality, by allowing gay people to be together you wont stop gay people from being born. A gay person can be born to completely heterosexual couples too. I mean they HAVE to, there could be no other way.

considering the rising growth in population in the whole subcontinent and most particularly in a PARTICULAR COMMUNITY.....

they shud actuallY PROMOTE HOMOSEXUALITY..... it will contain the population growth rate

^^^ There is no such thing as 'pure homosexual' ... Its always bisexual. Your solution will cause AIDS and STD going pandemic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom