What's new

Homosexuals of Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahahaha :rofl:. That made me laugh for a good whole minute man. Too funny. On a serious note though, just as the article implies, homosexuality has existed in one way or other in Pakistan, me being part Pashtun can attest to that ;) The problem was never acceptance (since all acts are performed in private) but the lack of awareness. There has been a gradual increase in the number of people infected with aids in Pakistan and i feel now is the time for some sex-ed classes. The phenomenon exists, we can either choose to stick our heads in the sand and not do anything about it or we can educate the masses as to what sex in general is, you know, de-fetishize it. This would in turn help with the explosive population growth and also with containing HIV.

next in the line, what? peadophiles?, incest etc?

Homosexuality and pedophilia can both be considered as "natural".

What one accepts as a norm and what one looks down upon is based up on society and morality.

I am not a Psychology major, but it is a case of nature vs nurture.

Although it is very difficult, a homosexual can be turned straight, and a straight man/woman can be turned into a homo sexual with conditioning.

Homosexuals have no chance in a country like Pakistan which still kills people for "blasphemy" a silly medieval law.

Gays in pakistan become HIJRAS< They have full rights NOW, They have ID Cards, can work anywhere and VOTE in elections!!

jp-bull-pakistan-popup.jpg

Men holding hands doesn't necessarily mean they are gay. What is up with this though? I have seen it in India too, men holding hands, or having their arms around other guys neck, creeps me out.:cheesy:

may these misguided souls be guided...

How are homosexuals misguided? They have no choice in what their sexuality is, just as you don't.

I assume you like females? Believe it or not, that's wasn't your choice. It's your brain and genetics.

Even gays are not safe in west.

They are still not accepted, but atleast they aren't killed for it.

The homosexuality issue is a bit like the issue of womens rights. Every country in the world treated women like dirt in the past until some countries woke up and decided to become more civilized and decided to stop living in the middles ages.(of course some countries still treat women like dirt)

The same thing will happen with homosexuality.

Homosexuals have no chance in a country like Pakistan which still kills people for "blasphemy" a silly medieval law.

And Yet, the founder of the rights organization spent thirty years of her life living there. Thread is about the gay community of Pakistan, i don't know how you managed to fit blasphemy into the equation.

And Yet, the founder of the rights organization spent thirty years of her life living there. Thread is about the gay community of Pakistan, i don't know how you managed to fit blasphemy into the equation.

I was just mentioning that a country with such medieval/draconian laws as "blasphemy" wouldn't treat homosexuals that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom