What's new

Holy cow: smuggling Indian cows to Bangladesh

100% i am agree with you.......because it happen in very large scale ..........without strong illegal network it is not possible........but i guess all this activity is happening from sundarban

Not from Sundarban only but from all across the border. It happens more near the Rajshahi border as the economic condition of that region is not that good so many people there get themselves involved into it. But for India its not only from bordering states but cows even come from far away places like Rajasthan, Hariyana or even South India.

Stop trolling son, Why don't u answer me??? Why doesn't BDR stop smuggling? Our side is involved what about your side.. (Hope you consider yourself BD no Canadian)

It's not we whom are sending products to another country. So stop smuggling on ur side first

Coming close to border was never the issue but the issue was not "not giving bribe to the BSF".

The BSF isn't forcing ordinary, law abiding Bangladeshis to pay bribes. Those who pay bribes do it to subvert the system. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they do not. Maybe you should also have read that bit about trying to rouse communal passions to get away with smuggling. Obviously the smugglers couldn't care less about the lives they risk by their action, only an idiot would sympathise with them if they are shot.

Stop trolling son, Why don't u answer me??? Why doesn't BDR stop smuggling? Our side is involved what about your side.. (Hope you consider yourself BD no Canadian)

dear you didn't have idea .........how much they really required beef.......they are so much in beef..........they are really crazy for beef........

You are welcome to shoot any Indian smugglers who enter BD.

No international laws allow to shoot at unarmed civilians and the punishment of cow smuggling is not death sentence. Its the problem of both country. Shoot at sight will never solve the problem, its rather a socio-economical problem

No international laws allow to shoot at unarmed civilians and the punishment of cow smuggling is not death sentence. Its the problem of both country. Shoot at sight will never solve the problem, its rather a socio-economical problem

You are quite correct that it is a socio-economic problem. However smugglers cannot really complain that they might be shot. India has spent huge amounts building fences, if smugglers or anyone else didn't have to worry about an aggressive BSF, do you believe anyone will care for that fence? No one is happy that poor people trying to eke out a living are killed but drug couriers doing the same thing are liable to be executed anyways for roughly the same thing. The point is to send out a message & increase the perception of risk. Won't stop everyone but who knows how many are deterred by the potential risk?

There is no easy answer to this problem. Religious sentiments in India won't make the solution of legalising such trade easier. All we can hope for is some sort of management of the border with less killing. That is all.

What's the opinion of the Indians here on the holy cow and the revelation of this report that cow smuggling is an ongoing process at the border which government is fully aware of, it is done by bribing the BSF and they kill people only when they dnt get bribe though these are well known facts!!!

India is worlds largest beef producing and exporting country...beef ban in some states are just political gimmick..

first of all lets dispel the notion wats wat.....
1. is cow God for hindus ??? ----- NO . cows are gods for hindus as much as pigs are for the muslims. so songs abour gou mata can stop right here.
2. is all the illegal smuggling has blessings of the powerful ppl, some of which are in govts. ???? ======definitely yes, otherwise as @CaPtAiN_pLaNeT, so eloquently put earlier, such huge operations are impossible.
3. Does the BSF acts only as bribe collector from the cattle smugglers ???? ===== mostly yes....in our region , life doesn't run on compassion n honesty, it works on money and money. if everybody can earn a few bucks in cow smuggling (no wars), then wats their fault.
4. whats the role of BDR/BGB in this ??? ==== as someone said @$$-wipe. but i personally feel they are just like BSF (though, their ppl killing tendencies are less than BSF). they maybe take money from the bangla smugglers and stick to their jobs - @$$wiping.

moreover, comments from our bangladeshi brethren made me realize a new equation between us two countries, bangladesh to india is like US to mexico. i know there are lots of poor ppl surrounding the borders of bangladesh. the states WB and assam are one of the most poorest and mis managed states of india (i ve never seen the bdeshi blokes trumpeting their concerns abt the mizos, the tripuris, or the khasis). by that it doesnt mean that whole india is filled up with ppl like mentioned above.
its normal for the smaller brother to be aggressive most of the times, but when all gather round the dining table at the end of the day, its the big brother which contributes most to the table.

hahaha BDR can smply do that for us. Remember mutiny?? Hahahaha

It was our internal problem and solved long ago. Expressing joy in it,Its just like you are happy that your wife delivered a baby but you are not the reason behind it

It's not we whom are sending products to another country. So stop smuggling on ur side first

First you have 2000+ post then argue with. Look like you are a teenage kid who doesn't know anything about smuggling. I will go crazy if I reply to this kind of nonsense.. This statement is just like "Mumbai police blaming KSA and Dubai for Gold smuggling"..

I am surprised by the quality of members on PDF..

@CaPtAiN_pLaNeT: Where are u bro? Why you don't answer? Why is it that only BDF is responsible for smuggling? What about BDR and Bangladeshi officials? why don't they do something to stop this cattle smuggling???

You ppl are "pathetic" Blame all your problems on us and run away to US/Canada...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom